ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the many confusing things about this case is the presence/role of K’s dog during the murders.

I don’t know ANYTHING about that specific breed but IME small dogs are very yappy. It seems curious that the perp didn’t kill the dog in order to keep the noise down.

My only theory is that the perp had already done something with the dog (locked it in somewhere outside of the property or tied it up somehow) and that is 1) how K’s sister knows they let it out to pee and 2) why there were multiple calls to J’s phone (“I can’t find our dog J, what shall I do?”)

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere or contradicts anything. MOO.

Where is the report or source on this dog, I’ve read rumors of small dog, and of border collie, when did it happen and what was the nature of it being killed
It sounds like investigators are sure it was not an animal attack?
Source??
E5A4F7AE-F6DB-406D-BD3E-117FEB14D554.jpeg

Could be! But then wouldn't that mean that others in the community are still in potential danger? I know LE backtracked in the first presser and said they couldn't be sure there was no danger, but yesterday there was no message to the public to stay vigilant, travel in pairs, avoid going out after dark, nothing.

Frankly, I suspect that the town is so thoroughly alarmed, probably completely depopulated of college students, etc. that LE feels they have no need to remind people to be vigilant.

MOO

Who ever called 911 from the room mates phone, could they have been there from in the night with the other girls? I understand calling your friend first but, but why not hang up and call 911 immediately after why wait until this person ‘gets’ there ? Especially if it was meant to be one of the worst scenes some officers have seen..Maybe they was in total shock ? jmo

My thoughts exactly! The owners of the dog still have the collar so I hope it can be tested (or was tested).

I'm so glad the skinned dog story is being mentioned and in the timeline. What are the chances of 2 sickos within a 3 mile radius of each other?
Actually, the chances are quite high. Once you start, following a lot of cases, you will be shocked at how many sickos live among us.

For example, look how many viable suspects there were in the Delphi case. Small town, at least three or four complete sickos!

When I was growing up, our local, famous murderer was Amy Mihaljovic. That case is still unsolved, partly because there were so many decent suspects in the small community.

Unfortunately, this happens all the time. Just search your local sex offender registry. They live among us.

This thread’s getting posts fast and furious, so I apologize if I missed this over the weekend; has anyone mentioned the police bringing tracking dogs in? I don’t remember anything on it last week and it seems crazy to me they wouldn’t have brought them in quickly after the crime.

Exactly....it makes total sense on the roommates behavior. If one of the siblings (or more) were called to come over.... then really it's their judgment call to contact 911 or not.
In my opinion it makes no sense that a relative would make the judgement to call 911 or not. Respectfully that just makes no sense to me.
Could you please expand on your thoughts as to why it would be the relatives judgement?
I guess I just don't understand your line of thought.

The skinned dog may well have something to do with this though, I’m not ruling out someone escalating from that to this.
Exactly, I don't see how killing a rabbit, dog and escalating to 4 people. It doesn't make sense to me.

Hate to say this but we really don’t even know if the dog is with the second owner. We may just be told that. For all we know the killer could have harmed the dog too. It’s not making sense how the sister knows she took the dog out. Unless someone saw them out or J is saying that.
I don’t think the sister is saying she knows, I think she is relaying what would be typical behavior for her sister. Come home, take the dog out, lock the doors

I wish I could find Justice 101’s last post and copy it. I am fully in agreement with his theory.

We need more details but if in fact this was worse than a random stabbing of sleeping people (such as mutilation) I just don’t see an angry friend or ex boyfriend committing this crime.

For the experienced posters here what in your opinion is the chances of us hearing the whole entire story as it happened once there is an arrest and conviction?

Police investigated and determined it wasn't caused by another animal. They described the dog as having been skinned. It sounds like it was tidy, purposeful skinning, like a deer. I won't go into more description, you can read it in the Daily Mail article and I don't want to gross people out here. In general there was slicing involved and not gnawing or puncture wounds that a coyote would cause.

Not to mention that Buddy was tiny—Mini Australian, not regular. Look at the picture of him sitting next to his master.

So, if a coyote had gotten him, I think it’d be more likely that all that was left of him was his collar.

I find it hard to believe that the downstairs roommate would have the number saved In her phone of her new roommate’s boyfriend’s siblings, or roommate’s boyfriend’s frat brothers, and so it was easy to call them in an emergency. I think it is more likely she called one of her own friends.

Is it stated anywhere that the 2 girls downstairs were on their own, or could they have had friends/boyfriends sleeping over?

Regarding the morning scene….it’s very possible one of the surviving 21 year old girls simply sleepily exited her room only to discover the horror of a body somewhere - did she see blood? Highly likely yes! She probably ran so fast back to her room and locked the door in shock and fear and started calling those she knew nearby to please please please come by because she was so scared and something was very very wrong. (The “unconscious person” is the lingo of the emergency operator and seems like too many have gotten hung up on that word).
Agree, the 911 operator probably asked a question like, “Is the person conscious” and the answer was No. Or it could have been simply how the call was documented.

Why lock bedroom doors after killing?

If we are assuming that the reason why roommates didn’t see all the victims in their bedrooms because bedroom doors were locked , why would a killer take a moment to lock door before leaving the house ? I can’t stop thinking about this…
If left unlocked, someone (roommate, friend, family) could walk in at any time. If door is locked, even when they didn't answer a knock, they'd be assumed to be sleeping. More time to get away.

My feeling is that this is only “targeted” as far as a dangerous psycho looking to kill/ stab a human “target.”
I don’t have a feeling (now that we know as much as we know) that there was a grudge against any specific occupant of the house. All occupants seemed to be well liked without enemies, without jealous ex boyfriends, without reason to choose one specific “target.”
b I think maybe the perp found the sliding glass door open and decided to attack.
I assume he had night vision goggles in addition to his hunting knife and he had a well thought out plan- maybe even zipping disposable coveralls placed over his street clothes upon entry to the house.
It is certainly possible that he had “cased” the house before and walked through when unoccupied to get the lay of the land.
I don’t think this is a friend or known acquaintance of any of the victims. He lives nearby and is comfortable in the area but doesn’t personally know any of his victims.
Like in Delphi, he’s hiding in plain sight.
Like in Midlothian TX (Missy Bever) he likes playing military/ combat games.
I’m curious to know whether he was totally unaware of the basement bedrooms / brazen enough to enter a house he had not been inside before or if maybe the basement bedrooms were the only two bedrooms locked from the inside after the kids went to sleep.
In Dallas, TX in the late 1980s to early 1990s there was a stabbing by a homeless man who entered an unlocked house.
He was caught after neighbors spotted him in the area and told police. He had no relation to his female victim. He simply was a homeless guy with a knife who committed murder.
I wonder if this perp walked to the house from his place of residence or had a “kill kit” in his car in tubs like Neal Falls.
God help them locate this dangerous deranged perp quickly!

In my opinion it makes no sense that a relative would make the judgement to call 911 or not. Respectfully that just makes no sense to me.
Could you please expand on your thoughts as to why it would be the relatives judgement?
I guess I just don't understand your line of thought.
It does make sense for underaged drinkers, the girls thought someone was passed out.

E and X are 20, they would be underage drinkers- legal drinking age is 21

Obviously the two girls did not realize they had been stabbed- not that calling 911 5 min earlier would have mattered If they had been deceased for 6 or more hours by that time.
Is their behavior sus in any way? Not at all.
Hey, your brother is passed out on the floor here and we can’t wake him up. Do you want to come check on him?
Is it a stretch to think that E who has a twin brother and sister at the same school are also friends with the roommates of his girlfriend? Not at all.
Who may have called 911? E’s sibling?

In my opinion and only my opinion

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads