ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw some photos of Jack just now and was struck by the feeling that he couldn't possibly wield a knife against 4 victims. I bet he only weighs 150 pounds soaking wet! Although I don't know how tall Ethan is, he looks to be over 6 feet and in great physical condition. He would be a formidable opponent for any type of attacker.

I agree with you. LE continues to feel that the victims were targeted so I'm wondering if K and M came across someone at the bar who became a pest, and one of the girls gave him a fake phone number which enraged "Rambo". He may have left the bar and waited for the girls to leave and then followed them home. After pinpointing their location, he goes home to plan and carry out his attack. Did the bar they went to have surveillance cameras?
J may have had the strength. I believe he was a tennis player. However, I still think it's very unlikely he did this.

I can’t imagine that being possible.
Crime scene DNA samples require very elaborate analysis. I believe even if rushed it could easily be at least 2 months. Wishful thinking maybe 6 weeks but doubtful.
Rapid DNA cheek swabs can give results in 2 hours but that’s a whole different issue.
Therr was the case of the kidnapped and murdered mother in Memphis, they had DNA back within 24 hours and an arrest within 3 days.

Wow - New Update to Press Conference - Surviving roommates called friends to residence and none are suspects.

Moscow Homicide Update November 20, 2022
MOSCOW, Idaho – The Moscow Police Department is providing the following information to update the public on the known facts surrounding the four murders that occurred on November 13th in Moscow, Idaho.
Updated Information:
  •  Detectives are releasing that on the morning of November 13th, the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up. At 11:58 a.m., a 911 call requested aid for an unconscious person. The call originated from inside the residence on one of the surviving roommates’ cell phone. Multiple people talked with the 911 dispatcher before a Moscow Police officer arrived at the location. Officers entered the residence and found the four victims on the second and third floors.
  •  At this time in the investigation, detectives do not believe any individual at the residence, when 911 was called, is involved in this crime.
  •  Rumors and speculation continue circulating about the ongoing investigation. MPD cautions the public not to rely on rumors and remains committed to keeping the public informed. We urge reliance on official channels for accurate information.
  •  TIPS: Detectives are looking for context to the events and people involved in these murders. Anyone who observed notable behavior, has video surveillance, or can provide relevant information is asked to call the Tip Line at 208-883-7180 or email tipline@ci.moscow.id.us.
Moscow, ID | Official Website
Summoned friends ? If the crime scene was as bloody and grisly as they say, why would one assume said person was only passed out?

Sorry, but how do we know whose bedroom’s were whose? Are you speculating or do we have a MSM link to confirm all of this? If so I haven’t seen it. Thanks.
MSM reported about where E was located and where the 2 survivors were and K had posted pics of her bedroom with the balcony in view. I think it's pretty established which floors their bedrooms were on, but not necessarily which bedroom belonged to which person on that floor. One bedroom was vacant on the 2nd floor, and one was vacant on the 3rd or was about to be (since K had moved or was in the process of finishing moving).

If the red liquid on the outside of the house is indeed blood, there is no way it's source was from the interior murder scene. It would more likely be from the intruder escpaping along the exterior. Blood flowing sideways then through the wall and the tyvek just isn't feasible.
In an older home with a slab it is possible.
I had a tiled shower needed grout seal. If drain was slow soapy water would flow under the wall and across an outside porch. The distance was less than 12 inches (30 cm) from shower to porch, through an interior wall to an exterior wall.
Can blood flow across a floor 12 inches? Yes. This scene has been described as very bloody.
We hold about 1.5 gallons of blood- (about 5 liters)
Sickening to think about but seems possible IMO

Each of the victims probably has a personal life, that their parents and maybe even close friends and siblings doesn't know about.

I am wondering if Kaylee met someone new, didn't "gel" with him, but he found out enough about her to follow her to Moscow, ID, and was enraged.

Who knows?! If there isn't a POI soon, that makes this harder to solve.

Therr was the case of the kidnapped and murdered mother in Memphis, they had DNA back within 24 hours and an arrest within 3 days.
He was in the system, which made it super easy. But yeah, there's no way this also wouldn't have been expedited.

The issue is going to be if this guy is in the system (assuming they do have DNA). My guess is he won't be, which means this could take a little while.

MSM reported about where E was located and where the 2 survivors were and K had posted pics of her bedroom with the balcony in view. I think it's pretty established which floors their bedrooms were on, but not necessarily which bedroom belonged to which person on that floor. One bedroom was vacant on the 2nd floor, and one was vacant on the 3rd or was about to be (since K had moved or was in the process of finishing moving).
Of course, we don't know for sure where each person was killed, but I believe LE indicated K & M were in bed, E was on the floor on the 2nd floor...maybe hallway, and we know that X had defensive wounds, but not where her body was located.

Summoned friends ? If the crime scene was as bloody and grisly as they say, why would one assume said person was only passed out?
LE said he said "unconscious" meaning, when the 911 operator asks "is the person conscious" and the caller says "no"...then, 911 dispatches "unconscious person reported at such and such address" and the police respond to unconscious person. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you lol! I hadn’t gotten to reading that yet, so frantically just trying to collect & help organize information, post, document as much as possible during these crucial early stages, I have barely had a chance to read much of what I’ve collected from everyone. There’s a really a lot here, it’s a week later and I’m not even close to caught up!

Thankfully there is a lot of reference material to work with in the future, let’s hope there’s no future though and the killer is arrested ASAP and everyone can move onto the next step!

So, iirc, @Ontario Mom had mentioned the thought of a female perp. That hadn’t naturally crossed my mind...of course it’s possible...thinking more about this, wasn’t there a female who went on a stabbing rampage recently in Europe somewhere...whatever the case, I wonder if a female would commit this type of crime. Sure women have stabbed, but ykwim, has there been a female Ted Bundy type in the past? This was likely discussed previously, sorry I missed it. I would guess male, but I guess anything’s possible.
I can't think of a more recent female "slasher" off the top of my head than Lizzie Borden and other old timey American frontier axe murderesses from before when firearms were quite as easy to get. Even your films like Psycho and Sleepaway Camp with apparent female slashes ultimately advance this trope.

This is what confuses me. We’ve heard several times that the crime scene was a mess, which to me indicates blood and carnage. I’m thinking maybe they tried to go in their room and there was something against the door (a body?) and they couldn’t open the door? I saw somewhere in this thread that one of the bedrooms had a balcony. Maybe the Perp locked the door and escaped via balcony (and that’s how blood got on the exterior?)

I have a feeling they didn’t physically see the roommates and instead went off of a bad feeling in their gut that maybe they weren’t following their usual routine, answering texts etc. I can’t imagine how the roommates are feeling.

As for the blood dripping down that wall, maybe E ran towards the kitchen drawer to try to grab a knife and was attacked there?

There has been no confirmation of which bedroom’s belonged to the victim’s, though. Yes it says which floors of the home that the victims were found on. But as for saying it was Kaylee’s bedroom with the balcony, how do you know just by that photo that it was her bedroom? If there has been no confirmation of this from MSM, it is only speculating and that should be stated, otherwise it is confusing. JMO

LE said he said "unconscious" meaning, when the 911 operator asks "is the person conscious" and the caller says "no"...then, 911 dispatches "unconscious person reported at such and such address" and the police respond to unconscious person. Don't read too much into this.
I keep feeling like I cannot understand what it matters. What does it matter if the call was for an unconscious person. Maybe they were freaking out and scared to get close enough to know if the person was breathing so the dispatcher has to put in unconscious. Dispatchers have specific things they have to use. Deceased means no rush. Unconscious would be a safer bet if they weren't positive the person was dead because they were freaking out so the dispatcher would rather get the EMS crew over there to save the person if there was any slight chance of them still being alive. These people are basically still kids. They were scared I'd imagine. Unsure of what they were even experiencing. Unconscious/deceased doesn't solve the case so why such an obsession over this trivial part of the case.

LE said he said "unconscious" meaning, when the 911 operator asks "is the person conscious" and the caller says "no"...then, 911 dispatches "unconscious person reported at such and such address" and the police respond to unconscious person. Don't read too much into this.
Respectfully, I will read in to it as much as I would like to. That’s what we do here….

I keep feeling like I cannot understand what it matters. What does it matter if the call was for an unconscious person. Maybe they were freaking out and scared to get close enough to know if the person was breathing so the dispatcher has to put in unconscious. Dispatchers have specific things they have to use. Deceased means no rush. Unconscious would be a safer bet if they weren't positive the person was dead because they were freaking out so the dispatcher would rather get the EMS crew over there to save the person if there was any slight chance of them still being alive. These people are basically still kids. They were scared I'd imagine. Unsure of what they were even experiencing. Unconscious/deceased doesn't solve the case so why such an obsession over this trivial part of the case.
I couldn't agree more and yet I haven't heard a single person here comment on the fact that in the interview with the parents of K, the mom when urging the public to report anything odd they may have seen that night she mentions "someone buying candles" Um, candles? No one is wondering why she mentioned that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nordlander