ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see other possibilities:
1 Serial killer
2 Vendetta against only one person, others killed while locating the desired target
I think that the killer wanted to kill everyone in that house but, for whatever reason, he was unable to. Locked doors, got spooked, saw a dog, didn't realize the other two were present...Why show up at a crowded house, albeit sleepy and possibly intoxicated, to kill one person one has a grudge against? Too risky, when a single victim can be picked off alone at a later opportunity. There would also be the risk of armed resistance in a house full of people. Murderous grudges have time to waste, I think.

I can totally relate to the 2 people on the first floor not hearing anything, especially if they sleep with a fan on to block out sounds from what in all likelihood can be a noisy house with that many people coming and going at all hours.

This is fantastic. Great work. Makes it visually easy to see how a killer could murder the four victims and the two survivors wouldn't hear anything, especially if they were in locked bedrooms sleeping. I can also if EC made it out of the bedroom into the hallway how you could see him and think he's unconscious which prompted the 911 call.

Is the blue line from the vacant bedroom mean it's possible one of the victims was killed in there? I would assume that EC/XK slept in the same bed, but I guess we don't know that 100%.
It's uncertain which bedroom was occupied by Xana (and her visiting boyfriend), but it's possible that she was in the back bedroom - which appears to be larger, and might be quieter. It's also possible that they were in the vacant bedroom. We don't know.

The blue line is a possible route that Ethan took if he heard something and got up. All the tenants were at home and in bed around 3 AM, so who would be entering the property? It also provides some insight into how the roommates might have seen one of the victims through an open door after they got up around noon.

University of Idaho students killed: A week after the attack, there are mounting questions in the investigation and few answers | CNN
The students were “likely asleep” before being attacked, Moscow police said Friday, citing the Latah County coroner. Some of the four had defensive wounds – though it is not specified how many victims did – and there were no signs of sexual assault, according to the police update.

Earlier this week, Jeffrey Kernodle told KPHO/KTVK his daughter fought off her attacker through the very end, saying the autopsy report showed, “Bruises, torn by the knife. She’s a tough kid.”

The university announced a candlelight vigil will be held in remembrance of the four students killed.

The vigil will take place on campus on November 30, according to the university Friday, and those who are not able to attend in person are invited to also take part in the ceremony.

“Please join us from where you are, individually or as a group, to help us light up Idaho. Light a candle, turn on stadium lights, or hold a moment of silence with us as we unite on campus,” the university said. The vigil would be held after the Thanksgiving break to give more people the opportunity to attend.

There are questions at the end of the last thread regarding which floor is which. There are three floors in the house. The second floor would be considered the main floor, since the kitchen, living, dining spaces are on that floor. There is no basement. From the front of the house, we see three floors. From the back of the house, we see two.

I have added labels to the front and side of the house as: first, second and third, so we can share a common language when discussing the floors. If the floors should have different labels, such as parking floor, main floor and upstairs floor, I'll be happy to make that change.

View attachment 381613

View attachment 381615
View attachment 381617

View attachment 381618

This map shows the property boundary (red line). The blue lines are elevation lines. Each line represents a 10 foot increase in elevation. We can see that there is a 30-40 foot difference in elevation from the front of the property to the raod/parking behind the property. It would be easy for someone to sit in the trees at the back of the property and look directly into the windows at the back of the house.

View attachment 381619
Thank you for your amazing work. May I ask, is the parking lot just for the house or is it a public lot? I’m wondering if it is for the house the girls wouldn’t think of closing their shades at night,thinking only the animals in the woods could see in. (captain Russell Williams saw a girl exercising Thru the windows when he drove by her house and came back about a week later and killed her.)

What do people think about the kind of sloppy timeline given by LE? It's easily found that two girls were at food carts at 1:45am, they couldn't have returned to their residence for another 10+ minutes from that time (14 minutes later per Kaylee's family). Kaylee Goncalves' mother has commented on the discrepancy (link 63 in timeline)

''Officials have said that they do not have a murder weapon or a suspect in custody, warning the town of about 25,000 to remain "vigilant."

Investigators cordoned off the parking lot and a forested area behind the home in Moscow, Idaho. (Derek Shook for Fox News Digital)

Investigators are seen searching a parking lot area behind the house in Moscow, Idaho Monday, November 21, 2022, where four people were slain on November 13. (Derek Shook for Fox News Digital)

I am hoping its not too little too late with all the foot traffic that has been around there all week. Sounds like with the friends called, the crime scene was contaminated from the get go.

I would also hope they have LE combing the area as well as have the house under 24hr surveillance.

This may have been said since there is no way to read through all of the comments, but has anyone else considered that EC & XK were already dead when KG & MM got home? Their calls to J could have been panicked emergency calls. The killer could have still been in the house and killed them as well. JMO
Police have said victims were likely asleep in their beds, so if EC and XK were already murdered the other 2 didn't know and headed to bed.

This may have been said since there is no way to read through all of the comments, but has anyone else considered that EC & XK were already dead when KG & MM got home? Their calls to J could have been panicked emergency calls. The killer could have still been in the house and killed them as well. JMO
I really really really really hope that if a person walked into their home and found their roomates dead, that their first reaction would not be to call friends. Obligatory just my opinion

Thank you for your amazing work. May I ask, is the parking lot just for the house or is it a public lot? I’m wondering if it is for the house the girls wouldn’t think of closing their shades at night,thinking only the animals in the woods could see in. (captain Russell Williams saw a girl exercising Thru the windows when he drove by her house and came back about a week later and killed her.)
The parking lot in front of the house is private property - only for the people who live at the house. It's within the property boundary.

That was Colonel Russell Williams, and that is how he chose one of his victims - she was routinely on her exercise bike in the living room window. He was a peeper who selected a victim, learned her routines, broke into the house and waited until the victim was asleep before he started his attack.

What do people think about the kind of sloppy timeline given by LE? It's easily found that two girls were at food carts at 1:45am, they couldn't have returned to their residence for another 10+ minutes from that time (14 minutes later per Kaylee's family). Kaylee Goncalves' mother has commented on the discrepancy (link 63 in timeline)
Welcome to WS!
I think the camera time may have been wrong at the food truck bc LE seems locked into 145a.

The timestamp on the twitch video might be off by 10 minutes.

The parking lot in front of the house is private property - only for the people who live at the house. It's within the property boundary.

That was Colonel Russell Williams, and that is how he chose one of his victims - she was routinely on her exercise bike in the living room window. He was a peeper who selected a victim, learned her routines, broke into the house and waited until the victim was asleep before he started his attack.
Thank you Otto! So the woods in the back, is there also another parking lot there? (Town? Public?j or just one parking lot in the front? (I’m hopeless with directions, sorry.)

There are questions at the end of the last thread regarding which floor is which. There are three floors in the house. The second floor would be considered the main floor, since the kitchen, living, dining spaces are on that floor. There is no basement. From the front of the house, we see three floors. From the back of the house, we see two.

I have added labels to the front and side of the house as: first, second and third, so we can share a common language when discussing the floors. If the floors should have different labels, such as parking floor, main floor and upstairs floor, I'll be happy to make that change.

View attachment 381617

View attachment 381618

This map shows the property boundary (red line). The blue lines are elevation lines. Each line represents a 10 foot increase in elevation. We can see that there is a 30-40 foot difference in elevation from the front of the property to the raod/parking behind the property. It would be easy for someone to sit in the trees at the back of the property and look directly into the windows at the back of the house.
These graphics really say a lot. Given the location of the blood outside of the house -- if it is indeed blood -- then I would think that E & X's bedroom would be the one marked as vacant on the second floor of this floorplan. (Of the two and given the choice, I might choose that room myself, because it looks like it gets a little less traffic passing by and the bathroom is right next to it.) That wall where the blood seems to come from would be a logical place for the bed to be IMO. So the downstairs girls would come up the stairs and make an immediate right and they would have a clear view of the doorway to that room, and into part of the room (but not the bed) from that vantage point. I wonder if they saw Ethan laying down in or near the doorway and called out and he didn't answer and it scared them, so they ran back down the stairs to call someone, never seeing any of the real carnage. JMO. I also just had the horrible thought that if that was indeed their bedroom and Ethan were laying there, then the killer was not accidentally confronted on his way upstairs, but had to purposefully go to that room to kill them, as the other bedroom is the only one that the killer would have to walk directly by in order to get to the third floor if they entered the house from the kitchen area. JMO. Source: otto.

1669070291242.png

Last edited:
New member here. I've been reading the posts for awhile, and decided to join. This is such a heartbreaking and puzzling crime. I've read some of the posts on the forum regarding K's dog... I can't remember where I read it, it was a few days ago, but I'd read that the pup ended up at the local humane shelter, although I am not sure how accurate that may be. As brutal at these murders were, and with nothing left behind (or so it seems, so far), I have a feeling it could be an ex-military person responsible, they seemed to know what they were doing.
As reported by Chief Fry to Amanda Roley (KREM):
“NEW: Chief Fry says Kaylee's dog "has been returned to a secondary owner." @KREM2”

Attachments

• D4B02793-04E4-4962-A440-22AAFCD62100.jpeg
    D4B02793-04E4-4962-A440-22AAFCD62100.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics