ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the surviving roommates did not SEE an unconscious person, wouldn't it have been reported to LE as a missing person? If the doors are locked and no one is responding, how did they know they were in there?

I feel like they had to have SEEN one of the victims in some way to call LE to report an unconscious (or injured, dead) person.
All their cars are there. You heard them come home last night, but you never heard them leave and your bedroom is next to the stairs. You call their phone and can hear it ringing in the room above you. Pretty easy to assume they are unresponsive and/or unconscious.

MOO, I think the killer killed K & M first then went to next floor and E was in the hall way, probably investigating noise. Then killed him in the hall way & moved on to X.
(Maybe she was awakened by E struggling/falling to floor) She gave the killer a hard fight and then they decided they better get the hell out.

Might sound silly but just what I think could’ve happened

The more I think about the more I think it could be a clue, especially if the deceased neighborhood dog is connected.

Where was the dog this whole time? Sorry if this has been addressed already, I missed where they think the dog was the whole time. Even if the dog was gone during the killing, it would've been whimpering and going nuts at the house after, no?
Agree, this piece is interesting. Was it outside the entire time freezing and found outside? I'm thinking it was inside. So maybe the bedroom doors were closed by the unk, no blood on the dog?

All their cars are there. You heard them come home last night, but you never heard them leave and your bedroom is next to the stairs. You call their phone and can hear it ringing in the room above you. Pretty easy to assume they are unresponsive and/or unconscious.
E's frathouse was across the street. If I came home and my roommate wasn't home, if I didn't see her body, I wouldn't assume she was dead, I'd assume she was at her boyfriend's house.

As far as suspects go I am not sure which way I lean. A random person who just happened to enter this house and commit these murders seems unlikely. The stalker theory is a possibility, but the distance between staking and murder ,not to mention multiple murders, is a pretty big leap. Another possibility is a scorned ex, but that is usually a very specific person crime. This seemed like a vendetta against multiple members of this house. If this was meant for a specific person, then why kill the others? I feel there is more to this story as far as a possible motive. It is possible that more than one person in this house was targeted.
This is purely speculation but I have wondered if the nature of the “targeting” could be something like “pretty young sorority girls and frat boy jocks.” When I looked at some of the social media posted by the girls, and in particular those in which they appeared happy and confident and posted positive sentiments about their lives, inevitably I would see trolling comments (post-murders) such as “LOL” which to me means something along the lines of “Thought you had it made; sucks for you.” It is extremely disturbing and comes off to me as incel rage. Imagine an incel type viewing Kaylee’s final posted IG photo featuring five pretty and happy looking sorority girls flanking Ethan, a frat bro. I am not suggesting one photo would trigger someone to murder, just pointing out one example, but I have wondered if this could be another Elliot Rodger type of killing.

As for whether a scorned ex might murder four housemates instead of just the ex, that seems unlikely to me, unless the ex felt the others played some cruel role in the demise of the relationship. JMO.

MOO, I think the killer killed K & M first then went to next floor and E was in the hall way, probably investigating noise. Then killed him in the hall way & moved on to X.
(Maybe she was awakened by E struggling/falling to floor) She gave him a hard fight and then they decided they better get the hell out.

Might sound silly but just what I think could’ve happened
I agree completely. E and X were collateral damage.

The above is why I do not support the theory that Ethan was lying dead in the middle of the second floor or even in the bedroom doorway. You cannot correlate 'passed out' with stabbed to death. Even if he was face down he would still be bleeding. And LE stated all victims were in bed. I believe the bedroom door was locked and someone was worried that he was unconsciousness due to not responding to calls or knocks. Moo
But where was Xana? One of the roommates, not 2. One would assume they slept in the same bed? My brain just clicked through. :)

The longer they go without a viable suspect, the more likely it is a random and not “targeted” killing. If they do have a concrete reason to think it is targeted, then surely that should have led them to a suspect by now with all of the manpower and expertise they have on this case.
Or they have a suspect(s) but no solid evidence yet.

Agree, this piece is interesting. Was it outside the entire time freezing and found outside? I'm thinking it was inside. So maybe the bedroom doors were closed by the unk, no blood on the dog?
And also even if outside the whole time, I'd think the dog would sense (possibly whimper) something wrong if in the yard or close to the house? Not like anyone would hear... and if inside would've tracked blood around or if you say doors closed so maybe not.

I think that the killer wanted to kill everyone in that house but, for whatever reason, he was unable to. Locked doors, got spooked, saw a dog, didn't realize the other two were present...Why show up at a crowded house, albeit sleepy and possibly intoxicated, to kill one person one has a grudge against? Too risky, when a single victim can be picked off alone at a later opportunity. There would also be the risk of armed resistance in a house full of people. Murderous grudges have time to waste, I think.

I wouldn't be so sure. You might be right he wanted to kill everyone in the house, but he could have also decided to "play god", which is not unusual in the psychopathic mind, imo. Other psychopaths have discussed the power they feel when deciding who lives and who dies. And make no mistake, as I have said before, this seems like the work of a psychopathic serial killer. JMO

Did we ever hear more details about the Range Rover Kaylee recently bought? Might have missed it but it sounds like she didn't have a job... A car is a huge purchase for a college student, especially if she didn't have a steady job. Curious where that money came from

My thoughts about the trolling, related to Bundy, are that Bundy was a very good looking and charming, psychopatic man and I'm not sure if anyone whom he may have encountered on the street during a troll would have had a clue that he was up to something murderous. The same thought applies if any of these students might have met the killer around town, thereby landing on his/her radar..."just some charming person who bought me a drink.."
JMO.

Bundy did “socially engineer” the murders where he lured a victim into his car and took them to a secondary location. His MO was to prey upon compassion and empathy by pretending to be injured and asking for help — the worst human instincts taking advantage of the best human instincts.

In the murders that involved breaking and entering — such as the Chi Omega murders and the assault immediately afterward — he attacked viciously and quickly using weapons present to subdue and kill his victims. He didn’t try or need to charm them, and he left their bodies where they lay.

The overall point being that if the Idaho killer was “random,” then he has probably explored more than one target. I would be on high alert across the region.

The Idaho killer IMO had a passing acquaintance with one or more victims and has reason to be in the area. I lean toward him being a bit older than the victims simply because of the boldness and confidence in the attack. But we can’t rule out a seemingly “random” — but planned — attack.

Hopefully we’ll find out soon because he’ll be caught soon.

JMO.

Edited for pronoun clarity.

Last edited:
E's frathouse was across the street. If I came home and my roommate wasn't home, if I didn't see her body, I wouldn't assume she was dead, I'd assume she was at her boyfriend's house.
Both their cars and phones were there though. And the pepole that were contacted and came over were most likely from that very frat, since Ethan’s mother said it was a friend who called. Very possible The roommate called over to see if they WERE there and that is how theis all started and escalated to the 911.
tuthfully, even though I have fallen into this trap, there is no importance to the events that happened that morning. And we will never know until or unless someone speaks out and the 911 is released. I am done obsessing about this!

This bothers me as well. That wooded area behind the house should have immediately been an area of interest IMO. The slope gives someone lurking in that area a good view into the 2nd and 3rd floors.

This was so readily apparent that news reporters immediately began trouncing around that area to do this exact thing .. get a good angle to look into the house!
I might go farther and throw in utter disbelief, if I were a friend or family member of a victim. My hope is that they only blocked off the front for a very good reason. Maybe they had clear evidence to see that as an exit/entry point? We can't know why that might have been, unless I missed it. Perhaps a tip or something else finally led them to the back later on? But if was for a later gained perspective, I just don't know how I'd be able to reconcile that if I were a loved one. I know folks are all doing their best and I'm not bashing authorities, but I'd possibly be questioning literally everything now, which would not be constructive to say the least. MOO.

correct, the stream went live at 9:58pm and 1:30 into the stream a worker says "it's 10, let's start".

here are 3 different twitch tracking websites confirming the start time (the data is coming from twitch servers):
and here's even more proof K and M left the food truck at 1:53. someone in the stream chat used the time command to find out local time just as K and M were about to walk away

timestamp.PNG

This is purely speculation but I have wondered if the nature of the “targeting” could be something like “pretty young sorority girls and frat boy jocks.” When I looked at some of the social media posted by the girls, and in particular those in which they appeared happy and confident and posted positive sentiments about their lives, inevitably I would see trolling comments (post-murders) such as “LOL” which to me means something along the lines of “Thought you had it made; sucks for you.” It is extremely disturbing and comes off to me as incel rage. Imagine an incel type viewing Kaylee’s final posted IG photo featuring five pretty and happy looking sorority girls flanking Ethan, a frat bro. I am not suggesting one photo would trigger someone to murder, just pointing out one example, but I have wondered if this could be another Elliot Rodger type of killing.

As for whether a scorned ex might murder four housemates instead of just the ex, that seems unlikely to me, unless the ex felt the others played some cruel role in the demise of the relationship. JMO.
Could be especially if a loner, antisocial military/tactical obsessed type thinking they're making a social statement kinda thing.

I remember watching the movie Heathers years ago (loved it then, dark humor), then Columbine happened years after that but eerily similar message (guy in trenchcoat, loner unpopular kid kills the popular kids). Not quite the same, but when I first heard when Columbine happened on the new, I instantly thought about that movie Heathers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024