ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is purely speculation but I have wondered if the nature of the “targeting” could be something like “pretty young sorority girls and frat boy jocks.” When I looked at some of the social media posted by the girls, and in particular those in which they appeared happy and confident and posted positive sentiments about their lives, inevitably I would see trolling comments (post-murders) such as “LOL” which to me means something along the lines of “Thought you had it made; sucks for you.” It is extremely disturbing and comes off to me as incel rage. Imagine an incel type viewing Kaylee’s final posted IG photo featuring five pretty and happy looking sorority girls flanking Ethan, a frat bro. I am not suggesting one photo would trigger someone to murder, just pointing out one example, but I have wondered if this could be another Elliot Rodger type of killing.

As for whether a scorned ex might murder four housemates instead of just the ex, that seems unlikely to me, unless the ex felt the others played some cruel role in the demise of the relationship. JMO.

if it's a psychopathic serial killer he likely did some form of targeting, locking in on one or more of the girls, and may have watched them and their house for a while. Many serial killers have done this. Is this targeting? I think so. But it is likely the girls did not know they were the object of this kind of obsession. JMO.

I think the reason so many people think that Kaylee and Madison were the targets is because, given the layout of the house, the killer first encountered Ethan and Xana and kept going. If the targets were Ethan and Xana why wouldn't the killer simply leave?

The thing is, maybe the killer did kill Kaylee and Madison first and could've been confronted by Ethan and/or Xana on his/her way out.
Yeah, this has crossed my mind too. I wonder if E and/or X heard something out of sync upstairs or noises that were out of place and maybe when they have opened the bedroom door they have essentially bumped into whoever was coming back downstairs. Would also account for why some of them had defensive wounds because they were more alert as to what was about to happen. Just something that’s gone through my head trying to piece some of this together.

Could be especially if a loner, antisocial military/tactical obsessed type thinking they're making a social statement kinda thing.

I remember watching the movie Heathers years ago (loved it then, dark humor), then Columbine happened years after that but eerily similar message (guy in trenchcoat, loner unpopular kid kills the popular kids). Not quite the same, but when I first heard when Columbine happened on the new, I instantly thought about that movie Heathers.
The contradiction that is confusing at the heart of this is that it seems somehow opportunistic. Six people all out and about till random times, no way to predict what time they will be home. No way to guarantee they will all be asleep by a certain time. And yet to have gotten away with it like this, makes it feel like it must have been carefully orchestrated.

Why plan an attack on one person and strike when five others were at home?
Why plan an attack on two people and strike when four others were home?
Why plan an attack on four people and strike with two potential witnesses in the house?
Why plan an attack on six people on a night when they are all in different places/random movements? And why, given that two remained asleep, not attack all six?

Is it true that there was a stalker neighbor or is that just slander?

Also if so, was the white hoodie guy (who’s a neighbor) the stalker?
I think white hoodie guy just unfortunately was caught on stream being creepy a couple of hours before the murders. He was definitively cleared in the press conference yesterday. Probably had an airtight alibi.

Did we ever hear more details about the Range Rover Kaylee recently bought? Might have missed it but it sounds like she didn't have a job... A car is a huge purchase for a college student, especially if she didn't have a steady job. Curious where that money came from

She was starting a job in February where she had interned last summer.

Not meaning to be rude, but was there a link to someone saying the dog was there? (truly seeking knowledge, so just say yes and I will go search it out) I may have missed that in the interview. I heard that the calls were about the dog, but not that the dog was with Kaylee. I mean, if J did have the dog, maybe Kaylee wanted to have him bring the dog over, you see? And if she did have the dog, she would not have left it outside, so she would not have been asleep during the attack (unless she was so inebriated that she passed out before letting the dog back in. Which leads to maybe let the dog out, let the dog in and the dog escaped during the attack.

The dog and where it was (not barking or defending, possibly running for it's own life) brings a whole other level into this.
I’m really wondering if the dog was there at all. We haven’t gotten confirmation either way, right? I struggle to believe a dog, any dog, wouldn’t bark like crazy hearing somebody in the house—at least at first. Even if the dog knew that person. I know every dog is different, but I’ve had quite a few and every single one would easily spook at sounds in the night. It seems instinctual for them to alert first, then find out who or what it is.

All their cars are there. You heard them come home last night, but you never heard them leave and your bedroom is next to the stairs. You call their phone and can hear it ringing in the room above you. Pretty easy to assume they are unresponsive and/or unconscious.
This, plus if their room was locked and could only be unlocked from the inside (no outside key hole), I would assume someone was inside that room.

This is purely speculation but I have wondered if the nature of the “targeting” could be something like “pretty young sorority girls and frat boy jocks.” When I looked at some of the social media posted by the girls, and in particular those in which they appeared happy and confident and posted positive sentiments about their lives, inevitably I would see trolling comments (post-murders) such as “LOL” which to me means something along the lines of “Thought you had it made; sucks for you.” It is extremely disturbing and comes off to me as incel rage. Imagine an incel type viewing Kaylee’s final posted IG photo featuring five pretty and happy looking sorority girls flanking Ethan, a frat bro. I am not suggesting one photo would trigger someone to murder, just pointing out one example, but I have wondered if this could be another Elliot Rodger type of killing.

As for whether a scorned ex might murder four housemates instead of just the ex, that seems unlikely to me, unless the ex felt the others played some cruel role in the demise of the relationship. JMO.
Completely agree.
Someone who despises but also desperately wants that life perhaps. Lives in the area, or within a drive, tracks socials - possibly has been in the house before?
MOO is that it's this scenario, serial killer or they we're mixed up with something none of us know about.

There are questions at the end of the last thread regarding which floor is which. There are three floors in the house. The second floor would be considered the main floor, since the kitchen, living, dining spaces are on that floor. There is no basement. From the front of the house, we see three floors. From the back of the house, we see two.

I have added labels to the front and side of the house as: first, second and third, so we can share a common language when discussing the floors. If the floors should have different labels, such as parking floor, main floor and upstairs floor, I'll be happy to make that change.

View attachment 381613

View attachment 381615
View attachment 381617

View attachment 381618

This map shows the property boundary (red line). The blue lines are elevation lines. Each line represents a 10 foot increase in elevation. We can see that there is a 30-40 foot difference in elevation from the front of the property to the raod/parking behind the property. It would be easy for someone to sit in the trees at the back of the property and look directly into the windows at the back of the house.

View attachment 381619

Excellent explanation! “Ground level” as a designation by itself should be avoided, since both the first level and the second level have ground-level entrances.

This bothers me as well. That wooded area behind the house should have immediately been an area of interest IMO. The slope gives someone lurking in that area a good view into the 2nd and 3rd floors.

This was so readily apparent that news reporters immediately began trouncing around that area to do this exact thing .. get a good angle to look into the house!
It makes me think they strongly suspected an inside job at first, and are now realizing they just may have a madman on the loose.

Targeted may mean previously identified and easily accesible victims.

Almost all serial killers engage in some form of targeting in my opinion. They look for something that triggers their fixation, it could be height, weight, hair color, etc etc. Of course there can be an element of randomness, but the target generally plugs into their obsession. IMO

The killer was looking for one of the blondes, knew where she lived but not where she slept. Went from room to room looking for her until he found her. Why the blondes? because he would have bounced after killing the couple, which of girl had dark hair. I believe they slept on the 2nd floor? He found his victims on the 3rd floor so he didn't bother with the two other girls in the basement.

killer is probably one of her followers on social media and followed their updates. he semi planned this out because he knew how to get in the house without breaking any windows or doors.

I doubt its the ex bf as if he wanted to kill his ex, he would have just done it when they were alone together.
There were actually four blondes that lived there. How do we know, he wasn’t after the one or both of blondes whose bedrooms were on the first floor?

Why would he kill the couple though In their bed though? He could have stealthily entered and went straight to the 3rd floor

Possible he didn't know where everyone slept. He entered from the 2nd floor and went door to door looking for his target. killed the couple first and then moved up killed the other 2. His last kill was the one he was looking for. He went back to the couples room to make sure they were dead, locked the door from inside and exited through their sliding glass door in their room.

I might go farther and throw in utter disbelief, if I were a friend or family member of a victim. My hope is that they only blocked off the front for a very good reason. Maybe they had clear evidence to see that as an exit/entry point? We can't know why that might have been, unless I missed it. Perhaps a tip or something else finally led them to the back later on? But if was for a later gained perspective, I just don't know how I'd be able to reconcile that if I were a loved one. I know folks are all doing their best and I'm not bashing authorities, but I'd possibly be questioning literally everything now, which would not be constructive to say the least. MOO.
I'm wondering if they would have extended the crime scene because media/onlookers were getting too close to the house and they were concerned about privacy. We've seen images through the windows that show the red tape - maybe they are just broadening to keep prying eyes from easily seeing their every move. There seems to be an influx of activity at the house over the last couple of days, with BAU and others. All just speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmoh4