ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The importance of whether or not all students or only some of them were found in their beds is a critical piece, I feel. The motive was either targeted at one of the students or all of them... if the perp went to each bedroom and committed the attacks, then all 4 were intended targets. If one of the students, let's say Ethan, got up to investigate a noise (murders of the 3rd floor girls) and came face to face with the killer and was murdered due to collateral damage and Xana being awake at this point caused her demise, this would tell us that not all 4 were the intended victims. This really makes a big difference from the investigation stand point in my opinion.
Given the inconsistency regarding whether everyone was found in bed, my guess is that one or more were technically not in bed. As in, fell/rolled out of bed while fighting with the perp, or survived long enough to stagger to their feet before collapsing. IMO, it's likely they were all in their bedrooms and either in or near the beds.

I believe the blood was coming from Xana's bedroom and it is mislabeled. This room is more private and further from the kitchen/noise.
Trying to avoid blood dripping discussion, but on a related note...

How were these labels made anyway? Who determined which bedroom was assigned to which resident?

Agitha, little details properly considered can matter. Crazy thought: Suppose the red foundation stains are not blood from the victims, but paint or other liquid (like pig blood) intentionally spilled to complicate the crime scene. This might explain Mr. K's "mess" statement. It could explain the investigative delay. It also might suggest that this is a "targeted" attack that was planned. Suddenly that little detail answers several questions.
IMO none of what you said likely happened. IMO I like the cut of your jib. Your type of thinking brings up matters that I have not thought of, which leads to positive discourse. Well done!

A few thoughts.

It was a college football game that day. I don’t believe that the Vandals are that big (compared to the 80/90k you get at some college football) - Nevertheless those games attract 15k and being it was a 4 PM start there were probably both a lot of drunk people and a lot of late night parties in Moscow that night. Presume it would also bring people to the area.

I find it hard to believe that the skinned dog is connected. In the interview today it’s confirmed that their dog was in the house and left unharmed. Doesn’t really equate to me.

Two things I’ve seen mentioned from latest interviews - No sign of forced entry. Could just be that they didn’t typically lock the back doors.

And I saw that one of the interviewees mentioned someone or people out there who did this. That’s interesting to me - Cases like this are very rarely committed by more then one perpetrator - So whilst they have to keep everything on the table it’s surprising that’s been mentioned a few times now and perhaps they are inadvertently disclosing something being discussed behind the scenes.

That is very interesting if true. They don't know exit or entrance? So no bloody trail/footprints left behind by the killer? How is that actually possible. Ugh I just thought... maybe too much blood all over to differentiate an actual trail? :(

Maybe perp had on a hazmat suit and booties even.. but that would extremely planned out. Douglas Garland wore a hazmat suit for his triple abduction/murder and didn't leave one spec of hair of DNA evidence at the home of a bloody assault. So hard and sad to believe that it's possible to not leave a trace.
I hand't thought about the exit trail. Seams to be no way in that there wasn't an exit trail in the bloody mess. Either footprints of victims blood or something. Even if there was a hasmat suit, there would have been tracks or an obvious spot where it was removed.

MOO - I live and work in a college town. If the girls worked in a "college bar" like the Mad Greek, it doesn't surprise me they'd hang out in the local dive bar. They probably got sick of how college-age patrons behaved and felt more comfortable in their downtime at a locals bar. That's how it is where I live, anyway. All speculation.
True. And not all college kids want to go out to a dance club every single time they go out. Idaho had their football game earlier in the day but Boise St played an 8:00 game. Oregon and Washington kicked off at 7:00. Both games would have been a big draw for restaurants/sports bars that night.

It was also Senior Day for Idaho’s football team and, regardless of the fact they aren’t considered an elite team, those events tend to bring in a lot of out of town folks, former players & etc.

Last edited:
It was on their Facebook page, the Moscow Police Department.... I'm on a desktop pc and still trying to figure out how to post things on here (sorry), but I just read it this afternoon on the Moscow Idaho Police Dept.'s Facebook page.
Update 11:50 - Moscow Police have been working with the family about this incident to provide clarity. The father of the family provided this statement to share with our Moscow community:

"In this Thanksgiving season, the family thanks God for protecting the girls, the neighbors for how quickly they came out to assist the girls in their distress, and the Moscow Police Department for a quick and professional response last night. We appreciate their desire to help provide clarification."

PRESS RELEASE

Monday evening Blaine Street Incident Update

November 22, 2022 - 11:00 A.M.

Just before 5:15 p.m. last night, 911 received a call reporting suspicious activity in the 600 block of Blaine St. A female caller informed the dispatcher that she saw a male in the front passenger seat of her vehicle when she opened the car door. The female, who was with her sister, slammed the car door and ran screaming from the car and called 911.

Multiple neighbors heard the girls screaming and came to assist. They checked the area but did not find anyone. The neighbors told responding officers that they had not seen anyone in or exit the vehicle. A passerby informed the sisters of seeing a male chasing them and left before speaking with officers. They were unable to confirm these details, and the officer was unaware of this information during the time of the call.

Police checked the area. Officers contacted a male matching the description but learned he and a friend had just returned from a restaurant and the male approached the sisters to help. The male withdrew and waited to talk with officers when accused of being involved.

Based on their knowledge at the time, officers closed the incident as unfounded. This term is used to close an incident that cannot be initially substantiated. However, if additional information is obtained, the incident can be reopened.

Online reports created immediate speculation that implied there was a link to this incident with the ongoing homicide investigation. We urge residents to remain alert and vigilant. Additionally, we remind the public (& media) that investigative releases of information will be through official channels.
###

IMO...the press release only said that the dog was found "on the night of the incident" by LE at the residence and given to animal control.

Does that mean 12th/13th around the time of the murders or the night of the 13th, well after the investigation started? Not sure what they mean.....IMO
It is oddly worded. Confusing

Update 11:50 - Moscow Police have been working with the family about this incident to provide clarity. The father of the family provided this statement to share with our Moscow community:

"In this Thanksgiving season, the family thanks God for protecting the girls, the neighbors for how quickly they came out to assist the girls in their distress, and the Moscow Police Department for a quick and professional response last night. We appreciate their desire to help provide clarification."

PRESS RELEASE

Monday evening Blaine Street Incident Update

November 22, 2022 - 11:00 A.M.

Just before 5:15 p.m. last night, 911 received a call reporting suspicious activity in the 600 block of Blaine St. A female caller informed the dispatcher that she saw a male in the front passenger seat of her vehicle when she opened the car door. The female, who was with her sister, slammed the car door and ran screaming from the car and called 911.

Multiple neighbors heard the girls screaming and came to assist. They checked the area but did not find anyone. The neighbors told responding officers that they had not seen anyone in or exit the vehicle. A passerby informed the sisters of seeing a male chasing them and left before speaking with officers. They were unable to confirm these details, and the officer was unaware of this information during the time of the call.

Police checked the area. Officers contacted a male matching the description but learned he and a friend had just returned from a restaurant and the male approached the sisters to help. The male withdrew and waited to talk with officers when accused of being involved.

Based on their knowledge at the time, officers closed the incident as unfounded. This term is used to close an incident that cannot be initially substantiated. However, if additional information is obtained, the incident can be reopened.

Online reports created immediate speculation that implied there was a link to this incident with the ongoing homicide investigation. We urge residents to remain alert and vigilant. Additionally, we remind the public (& media) that investigative releases of information will be through official channels.
###

Honestly, I don’t understand what this says. Can somebody tell it like I’m 5?

Anyone else feeling discouraged by the lack of info in this case 9 days in? I don't feel like we know much more now than we did on day 1. Wonder if things will rev back up after Thanksgiving since LE referenced feeling hindered by the holiday break.

They weren't in that house for too long. They moved in there in August? So if it's a stalker, if there was any stalking done would have to be after they moved in I would think. It's just crazy to think a stalker of Kaylee would go right into that house with all those cars parked in front and with a possible guy. He really didn't have any fear.

Based on their Instagram photos and comments, it looks like at least some of them had rented the same house together during previous semesters.

I hand't thought about the exit trail. Seams to be no way in that there wasn't an exit trail in the bloody mess. Either footprints of victims blood or something. Even if there was a hasmat suit, there would have been tracks or an obvious spot where it was removed.
I know right? So why would that statement be made that they don't know? Very strange. Unless they're keeping some details private on purpose.

Based on their Instagram photos and comments, it looks like at least some of them had rented the same house together during previous semesters.
yep! and if you look at google maps, picture was taken in oct 2021, the car looks the exact same as the one that was there during the crime. i tried to attach a screenshot but it isn't letting me. sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth