ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup you're right. I went back and looked and sure enough right there. So there's that. I still think he went into that house before to snoop.
Also, wonder what subscription plan any neighbor's ring camera may have (if any) and what directions they may face, if applicable. Our floodlight is subscribed to 60 days of cloud storage (w/max 180 days). I know it's tedious to review but I hope prior footage might be shared too, just in case looking back may help see something forward. MOO.

I recall one of the press conferences LE said there was “no connection” to the ex bf J being a suspect but on the Moscow pd website it says who is NOT believed to be involved but he is not listed….I know we’re not supposed to sleuth those who are cleared but I found that interesting
Sorry if this has already been posted since I’m not quite to the end of the thread yet but I said something similar on an earlier thread- since the names of the individuals who called 911/were present when 911 was called haven’t been released, maybe he just hasn’t been cleared BY NAME. JMO.

I am still open minded about whether the killer was someone known to the victims or unknown. I think there are still good arguments for either theory of the crime and the police seem to have not ruled out either theory.

According to information shared by the Moscow police at Sunday's press conference, they have ruled out some people who knew the victims or who seem to have had some kind of contact with them in the hours before the murders.

As far as I know, the police have not ruled out Kaylee's former boyfriend, JC, though Kaylee's own parents have emphatically stated that he had nothing to do with the crime.

Parents of murdered Idaho student insist ex-boyfriend is innocent parents of Idaho murder victim Kaylee Goncalves are maintaining their daughter's ex-boyfriend's innocence after it was revealed that she called him many times the night she and three others were killed.

We don't know much about the relationship between Kaylee and her former boyfriend. However, a review of the photos that she shared in her public Instagram feed (https://www.instagram.com/kayleegoncalves/) suggests that their romantic relationship peaked during their high school years. Her IG feed shows a number of photos of them together through the end of the 2018-19 senior year in high school.

Kaylee's photos suggest they graduated in June, 2019 and then both enrolled at the University of Idaho. Starting with her freshman year IG feed, Kaylee's IG feed is full of photos of her sorority sisters, her travels and college life but there are no photos of her and JC that would suggest that they remained a couple on campus.

Kaylee seems to have raced through her undergrad career (perhaps thanks to advanced placement credits and/or heavy course loads) and was scheduled to graduate in December and she hoped to start a new life as a working adult.

<modsnip - off limits>
bINGO

Last edited by a moderator:
Source? AFAIK, there has been nothing released about anything the survivors heard/said.

I’ve seen interviews with neighbors, but don’t recall any of them saying anything about statements by the surviving housemate(s), either.

Thanks!
The neighbor's roomate said it is how I read that.

I’ve seen a lot of discussion and theories around locked internal doors. Is there any detail on how the locks worked?
IME most doors can only be locked from the inside by the occupant. To lock it from the outside you’d need a key, and similarly one to get in.

If there were locks on the doors wouldn’t the occupants lock themselves in once they've turned in for the night? If that’s the case then it would suggest a break in directly to one of the bedrooms, and then that the other bedroom/s was/were unlocked.

I lived in a 6-bed house at uni and we all had the old fashioned turnlock and keys to secure our room, but that was 25 years ago….

Sorry if this has been covered.
I've seen locked internal doors in multi-user houses. If there are people in and out of the house all the time, it makes sense to have a lock on your door to protect your stuff. My niece lived in an off campus apartment built by the university that had a common area with living room and kitchen, and 4 bedrooms that each had their own baths. The bedrooms each had their own locks and often, the outer door to the common area wasn't even locked. I think it's pretty common to have individual bedrooms that locked. I lived in an apt. with 3 roommates and I had a lock on my bedroom door and always locked it because I had roommates that weren't good at locking the outer door or even closing it all the way.

Anybody read this new NYT article yet (see image of headline)? I don’t have a subscription and it’s behind a paywall. Online commentary suggests article may state Kaylee’s sister said K & M returned home at 1:56am per neighbor’s Ring camera (possible if they rushed into a waiting vehicle at Food Truck) and that it was concern about one of the deceased female victims that prompted surviving roommates to summon help of some sort. Can somebody with a subscription either confirm or correct if inaccurate?

Attachments

• 2E1E014B-BD30-48E9-AA0F-DEB944ACAFF7.jpeg
    2E1E014B-BD30-48E9-AA0F-DEB944ACAFF7.jpeg
    121.9 KB · Views: 42
Why doesn’t the ex boyfriend have the dog? Or does he? If he had shared custody of the dog seems like it would go to him. Just wondering. Sorry if previously answered.

And this is why I think LE is taking time to arrest. I think they might have circumstantial evidence, and maybe motive...but need more to convict.

Too many juries watch crime shows where everything is locked down in one hour with hard evidence.

HOW were people convicted before DNA and witnesses or video?
Circumstantial evidence can be enough to convict; many cases have circumstantial evidence only and are tried as such.

Actually, it is quite common to carry a knife in Idaho. Many people are farmworkers/ranch workers or military veterans and carry knives. Narrowing down who bought one of those knives in the past, say, year, would likely not identify a suspect unless it was somebody already on their radar.
Born and raised in Idaho and I can say with confidence that I know zero people who carry a knife regularly, outside of a multi-tool

Has anyone brought up how it’s only an 8 minute drive to cross the state border into Washington from the home?

I suspect the killer lives in WA and struck across the border purposely. This case has thrill kill written all over it IMO

I've seen locked internal doors in multi-user houses. If there are people in and out of the house all the time, it makes sense to have a lock on your door to protect your stuff. My niece lived in an off campus apartment built by the university that had a common area with living room and kitchen, and 4 bedrooms that each had their own baths. The bedrooms each had their own locks and often, the outer door to the common area wasn't even locked. I think it's pretty common to have individual bedrooms that locked. I lived in an apt. with 3 roommates and I had a lock on my bedroom door and always locked it because I had roommates that weren't good at locking the outer door or even closing it all the way.
Completely agree. I think this is the most common scenario in college towns and most people sleep with door locked. Especially girls who live in a house with many people coming and going. I’ve known drunk people who stumble into rooms and throw up in laundry baskets or pee or any number of things. Locked bedroom door is very reasonable in this case

Has anyone brought up how it’s only an 8 minute drive to cross the state border into Washington from the home?

I suspect the killer lives in WA and struck across the border purposely. This case has thrill kill written all over it IMO
It's been brought up. It seems like the town in Washington and Moscow are the only "civilization" around for miles. My hunch is he could be from one of the two areas....

Anybody read this new NYT article yet (see image of headline)? I don’t have a subscription and it’s behind a paywall. Online commentary suggests article may state Kaylee’s sister said K & M returned home at 1:56am per neighbor’s Ring camera (possible if they rushed into a waiting vehicle at Food Truck) and that it was concern about one of the deceased female victims that prompted surviving roommates to summon help of some sort. Can somebody with a subscription either confirm or correct if inaccurate?
The article says that a neighbor's camera shows Kaylee and Maddie arriving home at 1:56 a.m.

There’s a New York Post article indicating that Jack now has custody of the dog and has been seen with Murphy in the days after the murders. Not sure how credible that source is but I’ve seen atleast one other article reporting the same.

Tattoo to honor the four that I think the two surviving roomies got. I also got to see what the dog looks like and the bf. Praying this case is solved and the killer is behind bars soon... soon.

Video you want to see:

<MOD NOTE: Trigger Warning - Dog sounds from a separate case at this link.>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads