ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the K Bar have any special markings or maybe design of the hilt itself that might transfer to the victims?
My understanding was that the wounds were caused by a knife w/ a serrated edge on one side and a smooth, sharp edge on the opposite side of the blade. That’s simply from the initial report that LEO were asking retailers about “a Ka-Bar Rambo-style knife.” Having no experience w/ fancy fixed blade hunting knives, I Googled the phrase and saw primarily knives w/ one serrated edge. Seems to me that’d be the only reason they came up w/ the potential brand.

I realize we've talked about the "blood" splatter on the outside of the house a number of times. My question is, if indeed it is blood splatter, why don't we see a smear taken from it for testing. I would assume if there was a possibility of being blood, it would have been sampled for testing. Or have we not seen an updated photo.

I don't think it is considered blood "splatter" but rather blood that seeped out or as the more graphic term oozing out.

Speaking of questions- what questions would you ask?

I’ll start.

1. Have you found any evidence outside the home?
2. Do you think digital forensics will help you find the suspect?
3. How many search warrants have been issued?
4. How many IN-PERSON interviews have been conducted?
5. Has the BAU completed their profile?
6. Has a geofence warrant been requested?
7. Where in the house was Murphy found and was he crated?
8. Are you closer to knowing if one or more perps?
9. Has information been released that you wished had not been?
10. Do the families have a liaison or protection?
Great Questions…

I know they will probably not answer this question …. but I would like to ask

Who was / were the targeted victim/s ? And why do they believe that?

We could then eliminate 1/2 - 3/4 of the rumours about the four different victims and focus solely on the timeline and movements of the target victim…or victims ….
IMO

This is my new theory. The calls were about the dog. The killer had let him out. I believe this is also LE’s thought, as they made such a point to tell us that the dog came home the evening of the murders.

Thoughts?
Unless they really thought the dog was with the boyfriend, I can't picture them just going to bed if the dog was missing.

How about a different theory? Killer left the door open, and the dog got out, either during the murders or after the killer left?

Great Questions…

I know they will probably not answer this question …. but I would like to ask

Who was / were the targeted victim/s ? And why do they believe that?

We could then eliminate 1/2 - 3/4 of the rumours about the four different victims and focus solely on the timeline and movements of the target victim…or victims ….
IMO
Sadly they’ve already asked this question ( I believe it was the first question actually ) and LE just politely danced around the topic saying “ the totality of the evidence we’ve gathered “

Speaking of questions- what questions would you ask?

I’ll start.

1. Have you found any evidence outside the home?
2. Do you think digital forensics will help you find the suspect?
3. How many search warrants have been issued?
4. How many IN-PERSON interviews have been conducted?
5. Has the BAU completed their profile?
6. Has a geofence warrant been requested?
7. Where in the house was Murphy found and was he crated?
8. Are you closer to knowing if one or more perps?
9. Has information been released that you wished had not been?
10. Do the families have a liaison or protection?
— was Murphy found inside or outside the house?
— can you expand upon what you mean by “targeted”? Does this mean you think at least one of the victims knew the killer?
— do you believe one person was the primary target? Or was there more than one victim that was targeted?

Five years ago but the two sororities the three female victims later belonged to were targeted. Are these specific sororities known for attracting members of a traditionally enviable type? Just curious.

Whoops, this did not quote the relevant post as I’d intended. I am referring to the article about the dead coyotes and blood left in front of a few fraternities and sororities in 2017.

So LE says. I’m still frustrated with how quickly some of these POI have been cleared.
Maybe He Had a strong alibi, Also his ex called him several times, so his phone pings his location, of course unless He was smart enough to leave his phone Home, I know from her parents statements they swear by him As having nothing to do with This, I guess they think of him in highest regards… JMO

Five years ago but the two sororities the three female victims later belonged to were targeted. Are these specific sororities known for attracting members of a traditionally enviable type? Just curious.
Very much so. What’s this about 5 years ago?

I don’t see it like this. I see it more as brainstorming and recognizing that others may have questions the reporter didn’t even think of.
During another phase of my career I was a reporter. It's hard to imagine any of my colleagues or me asking the public for questions in a case like this. Not because the public wouldn't have anything useful to offer. Social media has really changed a lot. That's just my opinion.

“Autopsies were conducted on November 17th and the Latah County Coroner confirmed the identity of the four murdered individuals and their cause and manner of death as homicide by stabbing. The coroner stated the four victims were likely asleep, some had defensive wounds, and each was stabbed multiple times. There was no sign of sexual assault.”

Why is this information following Autopsies credited to the coroner? The coroner did not do the autopsies, she is not an MD or an ME. Autopsies were completed by a forensic pathologist= who has not been named, and the autopsy reports have not been released.
Is it because the Coroner made a public statement?
Did the info released by the coroner come from the ME?

IMO
Per one of the first he interviews with the coroner, she said the ME in Spokane did the autopsies, but she was present.

Per NewsNation: E Texted a friend around 2 A.M and claims he was still at Sigma Chi around this time. I hope this doesn’t get deleted as it is MSM. If true this changes the timeline very slightly.

Updated- I have added the link to avoid being deleted.
While interesting and it seems like the 1:45 time for K and M returning from the GrubTruck was earlier than their actual arrival home too it doesn’t seem like the best source. I also don’t think this woman’s son not receiving a call back from the police is as “concerning” as they’re making it out to be in this clip. For LE to determine E’s location at 2 AM talking to the person he texted who wasn’t with him wouldn’t do them any good. Talk to people at the frat, keep looking into his phone records, pretty much keep doing what they’re already doing.

Could there be any reason for them intentionally misleading us with the timeline for when the 4 roommates got home? If everyone actually got home later than 1:45 is there something about that 1:45 time that should jump out to the killer to spook them or neighbors to make them remember something? JMO

I believe it was the medical examiner who described what the weapon would be, based on the puncture wounds.

“Autopsies were conducted on November 17th and the Latah County Coroner confirmed the identity of the four murdered individuals and their cause and manner of death as homicide by stabbing. The coroner stated the four victims were likely asleep, some had defensive wounds, and each was stabbed multiple times. There was no sign of sexual assault.”

Why is this information following Autopsies credited to the coroner? The coroner did not do the autopsies, she is not an MD or an ME. Autopsies were completed by a forensic pathologist= who has not been named, and the autopsy reports have not been released.
Is it because the Coroner made a public statement?
Did the info released by the coroner come from the ME?

IMO
Per one of the first he interviews with the coroner, she said the ME in Spokane did the autopsies, but she was present.

I'd like to know where all the press logs are prior to Oct 23/22. Scrolling through the recorded ones there are several incidences related to both the sororities and fraternity that the victims attended. A few calls regarding residents threatening suicide.

I just read a yahoo report that stated that the person Kaylee’s phone called 7 times the night of the murders, has been cleared. Is that true?

I believe that a recent NYT article, linked multiple times this afternoon, has him on the list of people that have been cleared. It’s behind a paywall, so I can’t know for certain what it says. It might be this link:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper