Identified! ID - Bonneville Co., Skeletal remains in shallow grave, Apr'10 - Stephanie Eldredge

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know the area well they found the body in Josh would have almost had to been there before to get there and the body was not hidden, he would have passed millions of spots better then this to dump a body.

Dr.Fessel, it sounds like you know the area. Do you think it's an unlikely spot for Josh to know about?

Hi, Panthera!

Yes, I saw that. Thanks! Maybe we will hear something soon. If it isn't Susan, at least someone's loved one has been found!

Was asking about you on the Haleigh thread, LOL. I don't think NG will be covering Haleigh tonight.

Hi, Panthera!

Yes, I saw that. Thanks! Maybe we will hear something soon. If it isn't Susan, at least someone's loved one has been found!

Was asking about you on the Haleigh thread, LOL. I don't think NG will be covering Haleigh tonight.
Yes, it's a good thing, whoever the remains are. I don't think NG has Haleigh scheduled for tonight from what she said at the onset of her show. Thankfully she is covering this development possibly about Susan though!

Just read this on the internet:

Police: Body found in Idaho not Susan Cox Powell

Susan Powell WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (ABC 4 News) - West Valley City Police say a body found in Idaho is not Susan Cox Powell.

The body was discovered in the mountains above Idaho Falls on Friday by a stranded motorist.

WVC Police have been in contact with Idaho Falls investigators, who now believe the body belongs to an Idaho woman who has been missing for three years.

The investigation into the Susan Cox Powell disappearance continues as police in Utah continue to follow every possible lead, according to WVC spokesman Tom McLachlan.

It's just cruel that we have to keep seeing clips of Josh.

They just said "somebody killed a woman and dumped her body there, whoever it is". Oh this is sad.

Somebody, quick, tell NG. It sounds like it might not be Susan.

Susan Powell WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (ABC 4 News) - West Valley City Police say a body found in Idaho is not Susan Cox Powell.

The body was discovered in the mountains above Idaho Falls on Friday by a stranded motorist.

WVC Police have been in contact with Idaho Falls investigators, who now believe the body belongs to an Idaho woman who has been missing for three years.

The investigation into the Susan Cox Powell disappearance continues as police in Utah continue to follow every possible lead, according to WVC spokesman Tom McLachlan.

Thanks for posting this.

Does anyone know who the woman they are talking about is? Is her case on here somewhere? TIA

Link to this
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...-Susan-Cox-Powell/hqYRh9HW10OcK7i89F6-sQ.cspx

Does anyone know who the woman they are talking about is? Is her case on here somewhere? TIA

Stephanie Eldredge, an Idaho Falls mother of three, hasn’t been seen since August 2007. Amber Hoopes, age 20 when last seen, has been missing since September 2001.

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/news/local/article_08df7096-503a-11df-a626-001cc4c03286.html

These are the two women from the area. You can find their threads in the
Missing Persons information and support.

ID ID-Stephanie Eldredge, Idaho Falls - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

ID ID-Amber Hoopes, missing/endangered - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I'm getting chills up my back. I think it could be Susan.

There is as much of a chance of it being Susan as anyone else. Josh rented that rental car and I believe it was said he put 600 miles on it. That milage could take him to that spot and back home. I hope it is Susan so that her family can lay her to rest and that there may be some DNA left behind so her husband can finally be arrested. It's hard to say what condition her body would be in by now.

If this person isn't Susan I believe she will be found now that the weather is changing and the snow should be melting. I think he left her out there covered with snow and maybe branches of trees because he couldn't have dug a grave in that rock solid ground...it was frozen stiff. I don't want him to get away with killing Susan...the mother of those little boys. He sure doesn't deserve to raise them.

There is as much of a chance of it being Susan as anyone else.
Josh rented that rental car and I believe it was said he put 600 miles on it.

That milage could take him to that spot and back home.
I hope it is Susan so that her family can lay her to rest and that there may be some DNA left behind so her husband can finally be arrested.
It's hard to say what condition her body would be in by now.

If this person isn't Susan I believe she will be found now that the weather is changing and the snow should be melting.
I think he left her out there covered with snow and maybe branches of trees because he couldn't have dug a grave in that rock solid ground...
it was frozen stiff.
I don't want him to get away with killing Susan...the mother of those little boys. He sure doesn't deserve to raise them.....

Bobbisangel, I suspect the body isn't Susan.
The 600 miles is interesting, so that would be roughly 300 there and 300 back to the car rental store.

I agree the ground would have been frozen solid when Susan disappeared.

Lets not forget that Josh either bought or rented a BLOW TORCH type thing....which is no coincidence in my opinion.

What would a blow torch have been used for if someone was wanting to hide a body and couldn't bury it because of the snow and frozen ground?
Someone just told me a blow torch can cut chain, metal doors, things that are metal, copper or steel. Then there is another kind of torch that is used in welding metal objects, lids, pipes, 50 gal. steel drums, etc. etc. together, a permanent seam...

I read it was suspected he used the 'torch' on something/somewhere as his hands were extremely red, with a sun/heat burned appearance later.

I sure wish I had come here first before I started watching a certain show! I got all excited, since I have long felt Susan is in Idaho. They traveled between Utah and Washington, so I think Josh would be comfortable with the area on highway 84 between Snowville, Utah, and Sublett, Idaho. There looks to be absolutely nothing there, and I mean nothing. And yet it's only 151 miles to Sublett, so that wouldn't be outrageously far to travel, even in a snowstorm. I think he could have even "checked" on her when going back and forth to ready the house for sale. I attempted to make a map of the area I think Susan might be in. I outlined the area in blue. If she is here, I fear she may never be found. Prayers for Susan and her friends and family. http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?oe=u...d=102118717002230647309.00048531fb1bfbbee8ae1

I got alll excited also, spamelope.

I am so very frustrated that one article called the remains 'badly decomposed', and another 'skeletonized remains'. There is a big difference, as we all know. You just never know anymore which articles are factual and which are not.

There is as much of a chance of it being Susan as anyone else. Josh rented that rental car and I believe it was said he put 600 miles on it. That milage could take him to that spot and back home. I hope it is Susan so that her family can lay her to rest and that there may be some DNA left behind so her husband can finally be arrested. It's hard to say what condition her body would be in by now.

If this person isn't Susan I believe she will be found now that the weather is changing and the snow should be melting. I think he left her out there covered with snow and maybe branches of trees because he couldn't have dug a grave in that rock solid ground...it was frozen stiff. I don't want him to get away with killing Susan...the mother of those little boys. He sure doesn't deserve to raise them.

Didn't one of the little boys say "mommy fell down a hole" or something to that effect...leading LE to believe she may have been thrown down a well or an old mine shaft?
I hope that CREEP (her husband) gets what he deserves...

Didn't one of the little boys say "mommy fell down a hole" or something to that effect...leading LE to believe she may have been thrown down a well or an old mine shaft?
I hope that CREEP (her husband) gets what he deserves...

Dejasade, Your memory is correct.
Sadly the child said something like Mommy is in the mine looking for minerals/gems.
The childs statement causes me to suspect this 'so called dad' possibly had the children with him as he got rid of their Mom's body.
What kind of monster would do such a thing?

I suspect he has hide her body in a mine somewhere where they had camped/hunted/hiked in the past..

Why would he have brought/rented the blow torch, if he had not located/ been to this location in the past and knew what was needed????

I sure wish I had come here first before I started watching a certain show! I got all excited, since I have long felt Susan is in Idaho. They traveled between Utah and Washington, so I think Josh would be comfortable with the area on highway 84 between Snowville, Utah, and Sublett, Idaho. There looks to be absolutely nothing there, and I mean nothing. And yet it's only 151 miles to Sublett, so that wouldn't be outrageously far to travel, even in a snowstorm. I think he could have even "checked" on her when going back and forth to ready the house for sale. I attempted to make a map of the area I think Susan might be in. I outlined the area in blue. If she is here, I fear she may never be found. Prayers for Susan and her friends and family. http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?oe=u...d=102118717002230647309.00048531fb1bfbbee8ae1

I tend to agree that he used I84 that night. It would have been pretty clear. My quess was he dropped her in the Snake River along 84 .....the area between Delco and Rupert. About 280 mi.

http://www.bing.com/maps/explore/?org=aj#/orz339d5gxvmr8gx

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back