ID ID - Connie Johnson (still missing), 76, & dog, Ace (found safe), Fog Mountain, 2 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If any Aussie or Border Collie people with trained dogs, come on here, I’d like to hear your opinion. Would your dog leave your side?
I have both breeds. All professionally trained to work. I don’t make them work, lol. But, they’re quite clever, especially when working as a team & finding their own job, for the day.
I have zero privacy. All three follow me room to room, if I shower in the tub/shower combo, two have their heads in the shower. They must know what I am doing 24/7.
I’m often in the woods hiking with them, they run loose but don’t stray far. They will chase deer, that’s the only problem I have with them. We’ve had face to face encounters with coyote & bobcats. They never chase after, only sit & stare.
I can’t imagine Connie’s dog leaving her, can you?
Nor can I imagine Connie allowing him to be loose if there was even the slightest chance he would stray.
What do you think your dog would do if you were in Connies situation?
I think mine would stay by my side until they knew I was gone. If a wild animal attacked me, I don't think they’d engage as they know nothing about fighting or wild animals.
Hope Connie’s family finds peace one day.

If any Aussie or Border Collie people with trained dogs, come on here, I’d like to hear your opinion. Would your dog leave your side?
I have both breeds. All professionally trained to work. I don’t make them work, lol. But, they’re quite clever, especially when working as a team & finding their own job, for the day.
I have zero privacy. All three follow me room to room, if I shower in the tub/shower combo, two have their heads in the shower. They must know what I am doing 24/7.
I’m often in the woods hiking with them, they run loose but don’t stray far. They will chase deer, that’s the only problem I have with them. We’ve had face to face encounters with coyote & bobcats. They never chase after, only sit & stare.
I can’t imagine Connie’s dog leaving her, can you?
Nor can I imagine Connie allowing him to be loose if there was even the slightest chance he would stray.
What do you think your dog would do if you were in Connies situation?
I think mine would stay by my side until they knew I was gone. If a wild animal attacked me, I don't think they’d engage as they know nothing about fighting or wild animals.
Hope Connie’s family finds peace one day.

MAR 29, 2019
Connie Johnson - Strange disappearances from U.S. wilderness
[...]

She was last seen October 2nd 2018, when the hunters left the camp. According to County Sheriff Doug Giddings, the next day the hunters had radio contact with Connie but they were unable to understand what she was saying. When they returned to the camp on October 5th, Johnson and her dog, Ace, were gone.

[...]

Three weeks later, the dog, Ace, turned up at the Moose Creek ranger station, around 15 miles from the camp, but without Connie. The dog was examined, fed and then taken out to search for Connie but to no avail.

[...]

Her daughter said she can only speculate about what happened to her mother, but did not believe her disappearance was intentional. “I think that she was enjoying the outdoors, which she loves, and something happened. The weather came up; she fell … I don’t know, but I think that she got surprised. Given the temperature, given the lack of time, given the lack of signs of her and the fact that Ace is not with her, all points to …”

[...]

Just my speculation only but if the last radio contact with Connie wasn't understandable it's possible that she had had a stroke and her speech was garbled. Limb weakness is another symptom and she could have fallen into a hidden spot. Whatever has happened, I hope it was sudden and swift without suffering.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc
Back