ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some photos show him near water but I'm guessing were taken at an earlier time. How close is this campsite to water? TIA

It looks like the campground is close to the reservoir. :(

I noticed that the Salmon Search & Rescue took down the post they had about Deorr yesterday. I wonder if that means anything. https://www.facebook.com/SalmonSearchandRescue

One of the articles I posted yesterday mentioned that he disappeared at around 2:40 pm. That is a pretty specific time. I wonder if maybe he was taking a nap in a tent or something and when somebody went to check on him, he was gone?

ETA: Now this article is saying that he may have wandered away from the campsite and that a missing persons report was filed at about 2:30 pm. http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/07/11/3891690/two-year-old-boy-missing-in-lemhi.html

I hate to ask this but have they searched the water or are there any plans to do so?

Some photos show him near water but I'm guessing were taken at an earlier time. How close is this campsite to water? TIA

A comment below one of the the news articles concerned me. The man said he had just returned from that campground and that there are fast moving creeks that wind around the area and many of them are hard to spot because they are covered with leaves, tree needles, and other forest materials. That would present an opportunity for the little guy to accidentally fall in and then be very hard to spot with his camouflage jacket.

The problem is compounded because the little guy was dressed in a camouflage jacket. It would be worthwhile PS announcement to recommend parents dress their children in bright jackets when camping in the woods or near water. This is heartbreaking, at 2 years old the child has no resources to keep himself safe and alive.

That is a REALLY good idea, travelbug. It's just painful to read that this little one is dressed in camo. :( Camo is a bad idea for kids on a family wilderness outing. I had a set of dayglo orange t-shirts for my kids that I took on a family reunion beach trip, so I could at any time see all three kids and know where they were.

Thinking of that little on in camo just seems . . . like, oh, no. Oh no.

If he is a quiet 2yr old rather than overactive it tends to be even harder. I wonder if the parents may have been camping with family and Aunty or cousin or grandparent was responsible for momentary lapse of responsiblility? Or they put him in the tent/RV when he fell asleep or napped and he walked out and nobody present had visual? Gosh, this must be overwhelming for family, no matter what the circumstances were. Keeping him in my prayers for angels to surround him and keep him safe, healthy, happy until searchers find him safe.

It's so easy to lose track of a kid while out in nature. We spend several hours a day outside, and I'm always amazed how quickly I lose sight of my kids. It feels instant.

This poor family.

Lemhi County Sheriff's Incident Commander Dave Morelli:
"We investigate all angles. we've gone through several theories and several of them we have dismissed, some of them we aren't sure yet. we have to get more facts,"

http://www.localnews8.com/news/search-contiunes-for-missing-two-year-old-in-lemhi-county/34110688

I wonder what scenarios they have already ruled out?

Very scary, the parents must be out of their minds. Hope he's found soon, all in one piece!

My first thought was mountain lion. I'd assume an amber alert would be issued if they suspected kidnapping or at least they'd be discussing it. I guess they would. Poor little darling. I'm praying for him and the family. I can't even comprehend what they must be going through right now. After spending so much time here I think I'd have to leash my child like a dog I'd be so paranoid.

Third day ... that's a long time for a 2 year old to be out alone ... :(

Yikes. Poor little guy. Judging by the location and family name, it's highly likely that I'm distantly related to this toddler. Sigh. This doesn't look good. I hope they find him!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://www.localnews8.com/news/search-contiunes-for-missing-two-year-old-in-lemhi-county/34110688

More information from the video. At about :35 seconds into the video, the reporter says the parents thought Deorr was with Grandpa back at camp, Grandpa thought he was with the parents.

I also wondered about an animal dragging him away. Anyone know what wildlife would be out there? Mountain lions?

Sad to be another night without him, I pray he's cuddled up somewhere safe and that he's found unharmed. I can not imagine what his parents and Grandpa are going through. :(

More information from the video. At about :35 seconds into the video, the reporter says the parents thought Deorr was with Grandpa back at camp, Grandpa thought he was with the parents.

I also wondered about an animal dragging him away. Anyone know what wildlife would be out there? Mountain lions?

Sad to be another night without him, I pray he's cuddled up somewhere safe and that he's found unharmed. I can not imagine what his parents and Grandpa are going through. :(

Looks like mountain lions, wolves and bear would be the biggest threat. Sadly, he is also small enough that a raptor could attack him. Continuing prayers for his safe return.

Just checking in to see if they've found this little one. Praying he's found today, safe and sound. I can't imagine what the parents, and other family are going through.

This is not looking good. I can't imagine what the family is going through. My prayers are with them.

Here are two more articles. Not much, but a few more details. He was reported missing at 2:30 after the family searched for him for an hour. http://q13fox.com/2015/07/12/desperate-search-for-2-year-old-idaho-boy-continues/

The Sheriff's office is asking that people stay away from the area and let the professionals conduct the search: http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/search-underway-for-missing-2-year-old-in-lemhi-county/

I'm always concerned when LE tells the public they don't want help in looking for lost children. I can understand requesting no children come search - it's too hard to stop and check out other little blond boys you might encounter.

But in a search like this, where there are a LOT of hiding places, it just seems the more eyes in the search, the better. It seems it has SO often been a volunteer searcher (and not even one on the records, one who was outside the search area) who finds a missing child.

2 1/2 miles is NOT enough ground to search - this child could be 10 miles away by now, IMHO.

And ok, I've got to ask . . . is there independent confirmation the child was ever even there?

edited to add: Sorry, I didn't realize Grandpa was there. Sounds certain the child was in the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mebleswiata