ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something is just "off" about this whole thing. How does a 2 year old go missing for 3 days with such minimal news coverage. Where are the parents blasting social media with missing posters and calling for help in searching. There is no way I would walk away from a search after 3 days. There is only that 1 mention from an aunt on facebook concerning possible vehicles involved. Why would LE not be plastering the vehicle information everywhere if they believe they may be connected with his disappearance. Everything is just wrong about this.

I saw this in my FB feed and have to wonder if there is any confirmation outside the family of this wee one being there at all.

They searched harder and longer for the girl they knew went into the river here locally.

I've been following this story since it popped up trending on FB. There hasn't been much info at all, and now they are calling off the search? I think something more is going on than they are saying. I want to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but I too wonder if it has been confirmed that the little boy was on the camping trip at all. Very strange, very strange indeed.

http://pix11.com/2015/07/13/grandmother-of-missing-2-year-old-he-just-vanished/

"The search for a 2-year-old boy in Idaho who went missing over the weekend has been suspended for an undetermined amount of time" - WEIRD? How do you call of a search for a missing toddler?!

"The creek has been cleared…and (the sheriff) is 100 percent confident that (Deorr) wasn’t in the creek.” - 100%
certain?

"Searchers are looking significantly farther than the initial 2-mile radius, but thus far the search and rescue teams have seen no trace of the missing boy."

Also in that article: “My dad was standing their watching him and he turned his head and then (Deorr) was gone,” Clegg said. “It appears like he just vanished.” Clegg is the grandmother. So if her dad was watching him that means he was being watched by his great grandfather? This is different from what was previously reported.

They are 100% certain he is not in the creek. But what about the reservoir?

I really DON'T understand LE abandoning their search, and even criticizing the public for helping out. In wonder - now that LE has stopped searching after 2 days of this little one wandering off, are they still telling volunteers not to search?

I once "lost" my daughter (she was 4), for about 6 minutes at Busch Gardens in Virginia. She went into a jungle gym and didn't come out where expected. I died a thousand times in that six minutes, I wouldn't wish that feeling on my worst enemy. As to calling off the search, I haven't followed Websleuths for years like alot of you, but doesn't that sometimes point to LE maybe having another notion or information that something else might have happened to the little guy?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

According to DeOrr's aunt on FB, there are still people there searching and they will continue to search until DeOrr is found.

LE says they are confident he isn't in the creek. Do they mean the 2 miles radius area? If so I have to doubt this statement. There is no way they searched this area thoroughly in 2 days for a tiny person in camouflage clothing. Every trained and experienced searcher will tell you this.

Either they are doing a very bad job, which I doubt, or they have evidence that allows them to say they are 'confident' he's not there.

I believe they know he's been taken, but don't want to talk about this yet publicly. Maybe he was taken for ransom and they received a call. jmo

Also in that article: “My dad was standing their watching him and he turned his head and then (Deorr) was gone,” Clegg said. “It appears like he just vanished.” Clegg is the grandmother. So if her dad was watching him that means he was being watched by his great grandfather? This is different from what was previously reported.

They are 100% certain he is not in the creek. But what about the reservoir?

If a 2 yr old was being watched by a great-grandfather--that worries me a bit. My mom can 'watch' a 7 yr old, for example. But she would not be able to keep up with or keep track of a small toddler, imo. I don't know how old the great grandfather is of course.

This reminds me so much of Noah Thomas' case, first he wandered away, now the family is saying he was abducted.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/search-contiunes-for-missing-two-year-old-in-lemhi-county/34110688

More information from the video. At about :35 seconds into the video, the reporter says the parents thought Deorr was with Grandpa back at camp, Grandpa thought he was with the parents.

Then there's this article http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/grandma-of-missing-2-year-old-he-just-vanished/ where Clegg (the grandmother) states “My dad was standing their watching him and he turned his head and then (Deorr) was gone,”

So.... grandpa/great-grandpa who was at the camp thought he was with the parents who weren't at the camp, but he was also watching him and when he turned around Deorr was gone?

HUH??? How exactly does that happen?

Theres something strange and off about this case. Hoping this beautiful little boy is found safe and well, and soon!

Also, how would the aunt know what type of vehicle it was that he was allegedly abducted in? Unless the family saw something suspicious?

Theres something strange and off about this case. Hoping this beautiful little boy is found safe and well, and soon!

Also, how would the aunt know what type or vehicle it was that he was allegedly abducted in? Unless the family saw something suspicious?

AWW! I was sure when I checked in tonight that this little guy would be found. I'm getting very worried. What's the backstory here?

This is the same link I posted up the thread, post #36. The last statement from the reporter, she said the current search was suspended but that another search would begin in a week - another experienced team would be there in the woods.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/search-contiunes-for-missing-two-year-old-in-lemhi-county/34110688

Why wouldn't they continue to search while the next search team assembles? I wouldn't be able to sit around while my child was missing!

I'm really outraged by this! A search for a 2yo suspended for a week. He'll be dead by then!!!!! When little Omarion was missing in Michigan, half the state was looking for him, it seemed, trained and untrained personnel and civilians. And he was much older, and in similar circumstances (there was a chance he had drowned in a body of water). What is going on? Unless I find out LE knows something we don't , I am going to remain highly pizzed. Should we flood the LE in this town with e-mails and Facebook messages? I just feel like these parents aren't speaking up for themselves and their little one...or something...

I think it's unlikely he was abducted. It's more likely that due to his small size and camo outfit, they just can't see him in their search.

This case reminds me of another camping incident - where the family had a very vivid description of a man they said was watching their campsite, and who sped off near the time their child went missing. It turns out, the child's remains were found about a stone's throw from their campsite - undetected for a very long time.

I'm really outraged by this! A search for a 2yo suspended for a week. He'll be dead by then!!!!! When little Omarion was missing in Michigan, half the state was looking for him, it seemed, trained and untrained personnel and civilians. And he was much older, and in similar circumstances (there was a chance he had drowned in a body of water). What is going on? Unless I find out LE knows something we don't , I am going to remain highly pizzed. Should we flood the LE in this town with e-mails and Facebook messages? I just feel like these parents aren't speaking up for themselves and their little one...or something...

I completely agree. It's like, it doesn't matter to them whether they find him alive or dead - dead is just as good, apparently, and so they're giving themselves plenty of time to comfortably gather their resources and get the search on their calendars.

????

Unless they come out and say they have good evidence (evidence, not a guess) that he's not in the area anymore, I think the family should scream bloody murder and get volunteer SAR groups out there ASAP.

Then there's this article http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/grandma-of-missing-2-year-old-he-just-vanished/ where Clegg (the grandmother) states “My dad was standing their watching him and he turned his head and then (Deorr) was gone,”

So.... grandpa/great-grandpa who was at the camp thought he was with the parents who weren't at the camp, but he was also watching him and when he turned around Deorr was gone?

HUH??? How exactly does that happen?
Oh yuk. This doesn't make sense. I'm getting a really bad feeling about this.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Around the 2:15 mark . . . are they insinuating someone they know that doesn't like them took their son?? But they stated they didn't see anyone else there . . . and had previously stated the area was so small you couldn't not see Deorr if he were there.
So if someone really did abduct him, then certainly that person would have been seen . . . right?

I agree with others, this does not look good :-(

The parents believe he is okay??? Maybe that's how they're coping, but FWIW, if my son were missing in the woods, I would NOT think he was okay!!! Something would be VERY WRONG and he obviously would NOT be OKAY if he were 2 years old and somewhere without his parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member