ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheriff believes the parents are "good", "solid" and that everyone is being truthful with him and cooperating fully with LE.
Snipped.

Sheriff never said everyone is being truthful. Dad, Mum, and GGP are are cooperating, but he did not mention anything about those three being truthful.

“Those three have been very cooperative,” Bowerman said. “They’ve given us everything we ask for, and I feel real good about the parents and the grandfather.”

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/08/lemhi-sheriff-opens-up-about-deorr-kunz-case/

According to Sheriff, only IR has been very truthful.

Reinwand has also been questioned, and Bowerman revealed Kunz Sr. and Mitchell had never met him before this camping trip. “I’m not getting any feeling that he’s not being truthful,” Bowerman said. “He’s come up to the area on a second occasion with me, and I think he’s been very truthful and I appreciate his help.”

Interesting point. I'm not as caught up as I should be, do you know if LE has formally interviewed any of the POIs? All I've seen or heard of is that one rambling interview. Legally speaking, could they have agreed to an interview and waived their rights to representation? And would we have heard about it? Not sure how the polygraphs play into that either..

I would assume polygraph testing has "some" sort of formality around it, in at least you are informed that you are being asked questions in somewhat of an official manner from which you will then be judged as truthful or dishonest!
I "believe" that you are only read your rights are when you are being held against your will. (?)

Elena .... I dont think the sheriff ever had any doubts about the parents .... that is why he did not have to come right out and say they were truthful.

Elena .... I dont think the sheriff ever had any doubts about the parents .... that is why he did not have to come right out and say they were truthful.
If the Sheriff did not say it, I cannot say it for him.

In my opinion, I find it interesting that he chose different terms when describing the parents, considering the Sheriff is pretty careful with what he says. He could have said 'everyone is truthful and cooperative', but he did not.

Just my opinion :)

snipped for brevity

Sheriff believes the parents are "good", "solid" and that everyone is being truthful with him and cooperating fully with LE.

Just to clarify -- sheriff said the parents were good/solid and that IR was being truthful. I don't think that good/solid/truthful was used to describe all three. May just be semantics on my part, though.

I am convinced this is an inside job. JMO.

And didn't I read that someone scattered ashes during the search? Because the timing of that is so damning in my eyes. Only if the ash scatterer knows one of the 4 POI's.

I am not sure what familial apathy is but, the reason we know nothing is not due to poor detective work, incompetent searchers or lack of media.

It could be that the 4 adults are all lying but I find that hard to believe.

I don't think 4 adults would have to be lying. If one had dementia (we don't know this) and one is not quite all there, wouldn't it be fairly easy to convince them that Deorr Jr. was there without the two guys actually seeing him? In the interview, the friend didn't ever say he even saw Deorr Jr. He really never said anything to make us believe he saw him. I can't remember how he said it but more or less it sounded like he was repeating what someone told him to say.

Or maybe the GGP and the friend saw Deorr Jr. the night before and are getting the Thursday sighting mixed up with Friday?

Shoot, I'm just rambling...

And didn't I read that someone scattered ashes during the search? Because the timing of that is so damning in my eyes. Only if the ash scatterer knows one of the 4 POI's.

I don't think the identity of the ash scatterer has been made public.

I probably missed this, but did they take two vehicles up to the campsite?

Can you describe/define "inside job"??? I have an idea what that could mean, but would love your take on those words.

I guess the campsite was not considered a crime scene?

I guess the campsite was not considered a crime scene?

At first, no, I don't think so - they were just doing search and rescue trying to find the child as soon as possible. I don't think anything was secured - anyone could come and go as far as I'm aware. It sounds like they had a lot of volunteers coming to help search. In the recent interview, the sheriff did refer to the area as a crime scene but it may have just been a slip, since he also answered in the negative when asked if he was comfortable saying that any crime occurred (this is all from my memory so I'm paraphrasing). Working in law enforcement, he probably uses the phrase crime scene quite often and just meant the area where Deorr went missing. Or, you could read more into it....

snipped for space
I agree. We know next to nothing.

-Mom said little DeOrr had been missing for an hour.

But didn't JM say "about an hour", and the 911 Operator asks: "an hour?" and JM says "yes" ?? I think that's how I recall it. JM could have thought it was an hour considered her child was missing...

I would add the following to the summaries of facts/events:

- In their interview three days after Deorr disappeared, the parents made absolutely no mention of a fourth adult being on the camping trip (also news just said he was camping with his family; the mention of a family friend being present was added by news around July 13th).

- IR's identity was not released for about two and a half weeks after the disappearance (July 27th).

- IR has a rap sheet that includes a rape charge reduced to domestic violence, several theft charges and several violations of restraining orders (some of these charges were dismissed).

- Great-grandpa's identity was not released for over a month after the disappearance (Aug. 18th). He has never been interviewed nor made any public statement.

- Someone dumped cremains into the reservoir during the search, likely confusing the search dogs.

- The family "hired" a private investigator and his interview was aired on August 11th. He believes Deorr may have been abducted and he set up a tip-line. Since then, he has made no public statements.

- Around July 31st, the FBI was called in to assist the investigation and around August 11th, the sheriff said that all their evidence had been turned over to the FBI.

Other interesting "rumors" (substantiated by family, or someone using their FB accounts, so they seem legit but have not been released by news medias):

- Great-grandpa is on oxygen 24/7.

- Jessica does not have custody of her older two children. They live with their dad.

- They drove two vehicles to the campground. It is unknown if they came together or at separate times, however.

snipped for space

But didn't JM say "about an hour", and the 911 Operator asks: "an hour?" and JM says "yes" ?? I think that's how I recall it. JM could have thought it was an hour considered her child was missing...

Yeah, I think she did say about an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think 4 adults would have to be lying. If one had dementia (we don't know this) and one is not quite all there, wouldn't it be fairly easy to convince them that Deorr Jr. was there without the two guys actually seeing him? In the interview, the friend didn't ever say he even saw Deorr Jr. He really never said anything to make us believe he saw him. I can't remember how he said it but more or less it sounded like he was repeating what someone told him to say.

Or maybe the GGP and the friend saw Deorr Jr. the night before and are getting the Thursday sighting mixed up with Friday?

Shoot, I'm just rambling...

So you think the parents lied to IR and GGP about DeOrr being there? Why would they lie? Where was DeOrr if he wasn't at the campsite and where is he now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024