ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have LE, or really anyone, released anything of value placing Deorr at the campsite? A dirty diaper is the only thing I've heard and I think it's still considered rumor due to where it was stated. It likely means he was there, but I hope it's not the only piece of evidence they have placing him at the campsite. That 99% sure he was there comment from the sheriff really bugs me. That is the one piece of puzzle that I think needs to be 100% certain. That 1% means there is absolutely nothing concrete to place him there. If there was, he'd be 100% sure. I just can't believe this trip wouldn't include pictures. I mean, it seemed like a pretty special thing for GGP at least. I can't believe between at least the 3 younger adults that someone wouldn't have snapped a picture of Deorr at camp with their phones. Maybe they just didn't think about it, maybe they were busy setting up camp, maybe they were too busy exploring.

I find the "99% sure he was at the campsite" comment interesting. Does he mean on Thursday or on Friday or on the trip at all? In my mind, I have never questioned that he arrived with them on Thursday night. I just don't know for sure that they slept at Timber Creek campground. If they slept elsewhere, then that would obviously not put him at the campsite on Thursday. If something happened to Deorr either before, during, or after, their trip to the store in Leadore on Friday morning, then perhaps he did not ever actually make it to the Timber Creek campsite. I wish I knew where they camped Thursday night in order to make more sense of the sheriff's comment.

<modsnip>

I still think the longer we wait around, an important piece of information is going to be accidently leaked.

It is difficult to keep stories straight when pieces have been changed bit by bit. My guess is that is why the PI left - the more he researched, the more he discovered the story was not what was told to him. JMO.

How do we know that the PI "left?" By left, do you mean he dropped the case? Can you elaborate further and let us know where you heard this? Or are you perhaps speculating because we have not heard from him lately?

Uh oh tell me about it. He couldn't even bring himself to say the parents and GGP were being truthful in their cooperation!! It was in his dictionary before, saying that IR was very truthful and he appreciated his help, but he chose not to use those words again when comes the next question, to describe the parents and GGP.

I have been re-watching this part, and I personally think this section of the interview says a bit more about how he sees the POIs.

Keep in mind that the interview has been edited, though. It's entirely possible that the sheriff had just used other words to describe any of the parties and it wasn't included in the final version. Things might not even have been in that order. It's interesting, yeah, but it might not mean anything.

How do we know that the PI "left?" By left, do you mean he dropped the case? Can you elaborate further and let us know where you heard this? Or are you perhaps speculating because we have not heard from him lately?

He definitely left the public spokesperson-like role because we haven't seen him. Vanished. Even though he was setting up a tip line and wanted it to get media attn.

That leads me to speculate that he has left the case. When he came onboard I anticipated that he would be a strong public advocate for the family to get attention about the stranger abduction the family believed to have happened, unless his own investigation gave him reason to believe that something other than an abduction occurred. In that case, I believed he would just drop the case and vanish. I am still inclined to think that has happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep in mind that the interview has been edited, though. It's entirely possible that the sheriff had just used other words to describe any of the parties and it wasn't included in the final version. Things might not even have been in that order. It's interesting, yeah, but it might not mean anything.

It's in the unedited version as well. Unless the unedited version is edited?

He definitely left the public spokesperson-like role because we haven't seen him. Vanished. Even though he was setting up a tip line and wanted it to get media attn.

That leads me to speculate that he has left the case. When he came onboard I anticipated that he would be a strong public advocate for the family to get attention about the stranger abduction the family believed to have happened, unless his own investigation gave him reason to believe that something other than an abduction occurred. In that case, I believed he would just drop the case and vanish. I am still inclined to think that has happened.

I wonder if the tip-line is still working?

Thanks kammiemc. It is curious that initially the PI seemed gung ho to get the word out, and we have heard nothing from him as of late. The only two reasons I can think of for his absence are that either he was asked by LE to keep quiet so as not to jeopardize the investigation or as you suggested, that he may suspect that something other than abduction occurred.

I will gladly call the PI's tip line to find out if it's still working. Does anyone have the number handy?

IMO, something is definitely up. I read this article and the comments were more interesting than the actual article. http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/0...on-deorr-kunz-this-will-come-to-a-resolution/

Hmm. Going radio silent suddenly isn't a good sign IMO. There appears to be much more to this story. LE is keeping a lot of information close to the vest. When the PI said he would get to the bottom of it, maybe he did and it's not the outcome the parents wanted him to find. It may get more grim. I hope I am wrong but my gut tells me otherwise. Clearly just a hypothesis! My opinion. I was hoping for a better outcome for this beautiful little boy. Is it just me or is there a spike in kids missing while camping this year?!

IMO, something is definitely up. I read this article and the comments were more interesting than the actual article. http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/0...on-deorr-kunz-this-will-come-to-a-resolution/

Hmm. Going radio silent suddenly isn't a good sign IMO. There appears to be much more to this story. LE is keeping a lot of information close to the vest. When the PI said he would get to the bottom of it, maybe he did and it's not the outcome the parents wanted him to find. It may get more grim. I hope I am wrong but my gut tells me otherwise. Clearly just a hypothesis! My opinion. I was hoping for a better outcome for this beautiful little boy. Is it just me or is there a spike in kids missing while camping this year?!

I didn't see anything new. The article and comments are all a month old, and IR's been named and interviewed.

How tall is Sasquatch?

I didn't see anything new. The article and comments are all a month old, and IR's been named and interviewed.

How tall is Sasquatch?

My point with the article is the comments continue to get deleted. Watch them. That's it.

I will gladly call the PI's tip line to find out if it's still working. Does anyone have the number handy?

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/08/kunz-family-investigator-everything-points-to-an-abduction/

~The private investigator has set up a national phone tip-line in hopes of finding DeOrr. The public is asked to call (888) 852-6505 with any information on his disappearance.

No, it's a picture of a restaurant in Idaho Falls.

(Source: a long-time friend of mine who lives in the area, so consider it rumor ... but it doesn't match the photos of the restaurant in Leadore that I've seen, either)

Ah yes, thanks, I found it now. It's Mitchell's Restaurant, I believe.

I wonder if they stopped at this restaurant before leaving for Leadore... or maybe this was taken at a different time. You can't help but wonder, I suppose. Such a sweet, sweet, little boy.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/08/kunz-family-investigator-everything-points-to-an-abduction/

~The private investigator has set up a national phone tip-line in hopes of finding DeOrr. The public is asked to call (888) 852-6505 with any information on his disappearance.

The tip line is still active. I got a voice message - the PI saying to leave message.

Have LE, or really anyone, released anything of value placing Deorr at the campsite? A dirty diaper is the only thing I've heard and I think it's still considered rumor due to where it was stated. It likely means he was there, but I hope it's not the only piece of evidence they have placing him at the campsite. That 99% sure he was there comment from the sheriff really bugs me. That is the one piece of puzzle that I think needs to be 100% certain. That 1% means there is absolutely nothing concrete to place him there. If there was, he'd be 100% sure. I just can't believe this trip wouldn't include pictures. I mean, it seemed like a pretty special thing for GGP at least. I can't believe between at least the 3 younger adults that someone wouldn't have snapped a picture of Deorr at camp with their phones. Maybe they just didn't think about it, maybe they were busy setting up camp, maybe they were too busy exploring.

I think it's highly possible that releasing the polygraph results would result in some lawyering up. That's the only good reason I can come up with. Is it possible that they passed some of the important parts, but failed some others and don't want people to do any more speculating? Is that even a possibility at this point?

I'm still convinced IR was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I still think the parents were gone longer than they are currently stating.

I'm completely lost on GGP's timeline and version of events.

I think if he wandered off, self-preservation is likely the answer to "why do these stories keep changing?" and "why does nothing make sense?" (I'm forgetting how to format questions within statements here, forgive me for butchering that sentence.)

At this point I'm thinking IR didn't lay eyes on little Deorr, thus the 99% versus 100% statement.

I would assume polygraph testing has "some" sort of formality around it, in at least you are informed that you are being asked questions in somewhat of an official manner from which you will then be judged as truthful or dishonest!
I "believe" that you are only read your rights are when you are being held against your will. (?)

AFAIK, a person is only read their Miranda Rights when they have been arrested.
I don't think that being given a polygraph would require a person to be Mirandized.

JMO

I am convinced this is an inside job. JMO.

And didn't I read that someone scattered ashes during the search? Because the timing of that is so damning in my eyes. Only if the ash scatterer knows one of the 4 POI's.

Yes, someone was scattering cremains during the search.
IIRC though, that person was interviewed by LE and they have nothing to do with DeOrr being missing.
Just an odd coincidence is all...

Ah yes, thanks, I found it now. It's Mitchell's Restaurant, I believe.

I wonder if they stopped at this restaurant before leaving for Leadore... or maybe this was taken at a different time. You can't help but wonder, I suppose. Such a sweet, sweet, little boy.

Thanks for the info on the restaurant - I guess it wasn't on their camping trip after all. It does look fairly recent though... and yes, his toy cars, his blanket, his camo jacket. So sad.

Thanks for the info on the restaurant - I guess it wasn't on their camping trip after all. It does look fairly recent though... and yes, his toy cars, his blanket, his camo jacket. So sad.

I wouldn't have been able to find the restaurant if pepelepolecat didn't give us the name of the town it was in. I agree, though, it does look pretty recent and like I said, it could have been a place they dined before their journey to Leadore. I guess it doesn't matter, but it was a good find on your part, since it showed the baby with his jacket and blanket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed