ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If that did happen, why is the PI planning to release the sketch? This guy was cleared by LE, yet they are still going to call him a child abductor? Did they find out he was arrested for marijuana possession 30 years ago?

Maybe LE/FBI hasn't told the PI anything about the man because the dude was never a POI and the PI is technically just a public citizen wanting info that will not help anything. Would they be obligated to give him info about the investigation--who is being talked to, who they dismiss as suspects, who they think might be involved? It seems they didn't feel obligated to return his calls.
Can they stop him from doing a sketch and making it public?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The FBI needs to tell the PI to shut his mouth. jmo.

So I guess this witness told Deorr's parents who in turn told their PI who in turn told the public?

The FBI needs to tell the PI to shut his mouth. jmo.

Well I kind of agree. He came on the scene, gave a folksy kind of interview. Then he disappeared for a month and now he is going after somebody that might be innocent.

I hope this is not how all PI's act and investigate a little missing boy.

The bottom line is little DeOrr is still missing and after over two months we have no idea what happened to him.

Sometimes I think this little guy's disappearance gets lost in the shuffle.

The other thing is that maybe LE DID track down this poor man, found out he is just a normal, law abiding citizen with an alibi and didn't strut him out in public for scrutinization because he is not involved in the case.

But I agree with Arnie, that if someone was truly following a family around, that's a little weird. (Although if that store happens to be the closest store to the hiking trail, then that's not necessarily following. He might have recognized the family from the trail and so was looking at them.)

I don't think he followed them. That part was removed from the story. I think they just saw him twice - once hiking and once at the convenience store, which is not unusual in a sparsely populated area (according to Wikipidia there are only 204 people in Swan Valley. I'm guessing there is probably only one convenience store). MOO.

If you wanted to stare at little kids and possibly kidnap them, wouldn't you hang out at a city park or a shopping mall or an amusement park?

No, you would travel around to places like Leadore, Idaho (population 105) and Swan Valley, Idaho (population 204) and sit staring in your inconspicuous Jeep Rubicon.

How much do you want to bet that the reanactment will actually show Deorr being kidnapped? Casting call for man in late 50's with gray/white hair....

Been gone for a while and see that the only new info coming out is more hocus pocus from the PI.

So now we have
-GGP the bibs wearing axe murderer
-The child abducting curly haired guy in the Rubicon
-The anonymous tipster

Was it really an axe? Or is axe just a general term for a handled wood cutting/splitting device? An axe just seems like the least useful tool to have in camp unless you're counting on felling trees. I'd think a hatchet or a maul would be far more useful. I'm not sure why GGP's bibs were taken either. Unless they had something on them that looked like incriminating evidence. I'm pretty sure the PI has seen way too many horror movies. The number of creepy murderers wearing overalls and wielding axes out in the woods is mind blowing.

I feel terribly sorry for the guy in the Jeep. I think it was rather careless and a little disgusting for the PI to call him out on an anonymous tip. Do some research first, and if it's a remote possibility, follow up with LE. The fact that LE is no longer talking to the PI makes me think they are fed up with him as well. I think the PI has reached the point where he's no longer beneficial to the family. He's going to turn this case into a circus. That will reflect poorly on JM and Sr. whether it's fair or not.

Ok, let's say the parents have absolutely no clue what happened to the baby. Remember the cops are saying he isn't in the water and they don't think it was a wild animal and there is no sign of him in the area at all. What else can the parents think? Of course LE has also 99% or whatever ruled out an abduction, too. So.. what is left? The 2 other POI? Then what? The one of the 2 remaining POI would be an abductor , right? Round and round...JMO

Next thing.. JMO, but if they do a re-enactment there is no baby Deorr there to play himself.. maybe that is what really will come out of all this.. at 1PM he wasnt there..MOO We want someone/something to blame.. a place to put this, so to speak..it gives us resolution. The parents may very well not know what the heck happened..and no one needs resolution more than they do. MOO

So I guess this witness told Deorr's parents who in turn told their PI who in turn told the public?

Seems like the witness would have reported it to LE first. I'd be curious if LE had any info on the staring man prior to the PI's statement.

If you wanted to stare at little kids and possibly kidnap them, wouldn't you hang out at a city park or a shopping mall or an amusement park?

No, you would travel around to places like Leadore, Idaho (population 105) and Swan Valley, Idaho (population 204) and sit staring in your inconspicuous Jeep Rubicon.

Right, where everyone would notice someone from out of town. Seems completely logical. It also seems completely logical to do something weird to draw attention to yourself a week after you've kidnapped a child.

I agree that the parents have been behaving strangely, but that doesn't mean they're guilty of anything. They might just be strange people. Same with IR.

Plus we don't know if the parents have anything to do with this new "lead"... It could be something the PI has come up with on his own. This woman probably phoned his personal tipline about it.

LE were asked about the man the mother saw staring at Deorr, and they kind of dismissed it and said it'd take forever to follow on every complaint about someone staring at someone else... Which I thought was a bit odd because surely information about someone staring at a child just before that child goes missing should be investigated, especially when they have little else to go on. So I assumed they didn't find it credible that it was related.

Seems like the witness would have reported it to LE first. I'd be curious if LE had any info on the staring man prior to the PI's statement.

Right, where everyone would notice someone from out of town. Seems completely logical. It also seems completely logical to do something weird to draw attention to yourself a week after you've kidnapped a child.

Am I crazy or did the woman say she reported it to LE July 19?

Ok, let's say the parents have absolutely no clue what happened to the baby. Remember the cops are saying he isn't in the water and they don't think it was a wild animal and there is no sign of him in the area at all. What else can the parents think? Of course LE has also 99% or whatever ruled out an abduction, too. So.. what is left? The 2 other POI? Then what? The one of the 2 remaining POI would be an abductor , right? Round and round...JMO

Next thing.. JMO, but if they do a re-enactment there is no baby Deorr there to play himself.. maybe that is what really will come out of all this.. at 1PM he wasnt there..MOO We want someone/something to blame.. a place to put this, so to speak..it gives us resolution. The parents may very well not know what the heck happened..and no one needs resolution more than they do. MOO

If the parents don't know anything then they need to quit pointing the finger at innocent people and they need to quit caring what random strangers on the internet think of them.

This is not about them, this is about their child who has been missing for the past two months.

jmo

Been gone for a while and see that the only new info coming out is more hocus pocus from the PI.

So now we have
-GGP the bibs wearing axe murderer
-The child abducting curly haired guy in the Rubicon
-The anonymous tipster

Was it really an axe? Or is axe just a general term for a handled wood cutting/splitting device? An axe just seems like the least useful tool to have in camp unless you're counting on felling trees. I'd think a hatchet or a maul would be far more useful. I'm not sure why GGP's bibs were taken either. Unless they had something on them that looked like incriminating evidence. I'm pretty sure the PI has seen way too many horror movies. The number of creepy murderers wearing overalls and wielding axes out in the woods is mind blowing.

I feel terribly sorry for the guy in the Jeep. I think it was rather careless and a little disgusting for the PI to call him out on an anonymous tip. Do some research first, and if it's a remote possibility, follow up with LE. The fact that LE is no longer talking to the PI makes me think they are fed up with him as well. I think the PI has reached the point where he's no longer beneficial to the family. He's going to turn this case into a circus. That will reflect poorly on JM and Sr. whether it's fair or not.

So, we have a GGP who is on 24/7 oxygen, splitting firewood with an axe? Wearing coveralls and and and? The PI is starting to sound "out there" but he is getting this axe and coverall info from somewhere. IMO .. this entire thing may be a botch job of epic proportions from LE down. FBI should have been called in immediately..imo..the "crime scene" was open until LE got there some 1-2 hours later..plenty of time for the alleged phantom abductor to leave and no one wanted to talk to the media and when they did they spoke in riddles and thanked the search and rescue people and others like it was the academy awards...MOO Time was wasted.. media opportunities were botched.. and the sheriff and PI are clueless. Just my opinion from 2 months of trying to make sense out of non-sense.

Am I crazy or did the woman say she reported it to LE July 19?

You're not crazy.

That is what the story says.

"The woman told Local News 8 she reported the man to law enforcement in Lemhi County July 19 after hearing reports of Kunz's disappearance."

So for the reinactment, who is going to play Deorr? Does he have a cousin? Will they use a doll? Or we just suppose to "imagine" he is there?

I agree that the parents have been behaving strangely, but that doesn't mean they're guilty of anything. They might just be strange people. Same with IR.

Plus we don't know if the parents have anything to do with this new "lead"... It could be something the PI has come up with on his own. This woman probably phoned his personal tipline about it.

LE were asked about the man the mother saw staring at Deorr, and they kind of dismissed it and said it'd take forever to follow on every complaint about someone staring at someone else... Which I thought was a bit odd because surely information about someone staring at a child just before that child goes missing should be investigated, especially when they have little else to go on. So I assumed they didn't find it credible that it was related.

But maybe they did follow up and it was nothing so they just brushed it off in public instead bringing attention and credibility to it by saying something like "Yes, we tracked down the old staring man who gave JM the creeps and he is one of the 14 residents of Leodore and has an alibi."

Also, they might have a firm belief of what happened to DeOrr and so don't care about any staring people anywhere.

Just to be clear, I am agreeing with you!

She DID report it to LE first. She reported to Lemhi County LE on July 19th, the day after this occurred.

I would think the PI would tell the parents everything since they are the ones who hired him. so I'm sure they know everything that the PI is saying. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow