ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheriff Bowerman called the location a crime scene and turned over all interviews, recordings and physical evidence to the FBI. Everyone there at the time is a person of interest. Polygraphs given to all. I would guess he means business.

gliving, do you have a link stating the sheriff turned over all interviews and recordings to the FBI. I don't recall reading that anywhere. As far as the sheriff goes, IMO he's just doing his job . . . . Nothing more and nothing less.

None of these posters indicate they are local to eastern Idaho.

They seem to be quite knowledgeable about this case and others. It seems as though some are local but I'm not sure how local. I doubt that matters. IMO

Answering a poster above: Who would leave their 2 year old in the care of someone with dementia to such a degree that they would not be able to respond appropriately if the baby were to disappear from view? Therefore, I just do not think GGP was that incompetent. However, I do not understand a GP or GGP who doesn't start searching immediately when a toddler is out of eye eight. I can not understand anyone assuming the child caught up to his parents without making certain that he did and that the parents were aware of it. But, dumber things have happened which have led to the death of babies so there is no reason to not believe what the parents, GGP and IR reported.

Now,what is the scoop on the strange, older guy staring at the baby who was also seen by others hiking and in a store in another area?? Any one have any info on this?

Or if he wondered off a ways, and a cougar was hunting and stalking in that area, he could have been taken away swiftly and silently. :(
A link to this site was posted here earlier so I think it's ok, it's innocent enough, just some locals with some knowledge of the area discussing the case. It is quite interesting what they have to say about the cougar theory. :( I'm being careful not to post any quotes, just the link, I think that's how it works on these type of sites? http://www.city-data.com/forum/idaho/2446083-two-year-old-deorr-kunz-jr.html

Thanks for posting that link again, neesaki. More posters than the other day. I still think a cougar attack makes the most sense given what we know. I hope the family will soon find out what happened to their precious little boy. I wish I could take away some of their pain. :(. I can't bare the thought of what they are going through each and every day since Deorr disappeared. They have each other to lean on and that must give them the strength they need so badly to make it through each day.

gliving, do you have a link stating the sheriff turned over all interviews and recordings to the FBI. I don't recall reading that anywhere. As far as the sheriff goes, IMO he's just doing his job . . . . Nothing more and nothing less.

http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/DeOrr-Kunz-Missing-Idaho-321484631.html

Aug 11, 2015
"LEADORE, Idaho (KBOI) -- Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman says all the evidence regarding missing toddler DeOrr Kunz has been turned over to the FBI.

Sheriff Lynn Bowerman updated KBOI 2News on the case of missing Idaho boy DeOrr Kunz, who was last seen July 10.

Bowerman said Tuesday that everything has been turned over to the FBI, which includes interviews, recordings and physical evidence."

http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/DeOrr-Kunz-Missing-Idaho-321484631.html

Aug 11, 2015
"LEADORE, Idaho (KBOI) -- Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman says all the evidence regarding missing toddler DeOrr Kunz has been turned over to the FBI.

Sheriff Lynn Bowerman updated KBOI 2News on the case of missing Idaho boy DeOrr Kunz, who was last seen July 10.

Bowerman said Tuesday that everything has been turned over to the FBI, which includes interviews, recordings and physical evidence."

Thank you gliving. I never saw that article. I saw the one where he said the FBI would be examining physical evidence and behavior analysis.

Without knowing what actually happened, we can't know that little Deorr was screaming and crying and if he was he probably wouldn't have been heard due to the rushing waters of the creek. IMO. I'm not sure why you think he was crying and screaming to go to the creek with Mom and Dad.

Do you have children?

I disagree, but I'm not going to get into a discussion about what posters on another forum are saying :)

They seem to be quite knowledgeable about this case and others. It seems as though some are local but I'm not sure how local. I doubt that matters. IMO

I don't think that's what happened at all.

But isn't that exactly what they told the sheriff?

GGP was watching him, saw him going towards the embankment, so then GGP assumed he had found his parents, so he was surprised when they came back 10 minutes later looking for him.

I agree. I don't think we're seeing the picture as it actually happened. Perhaps, after the re-enactment, everyone will have a better understanding. IMO

According to the reenactment GGP went inside the camper, left the baby alone, and a random abductor walked up and lured him away. RIGHT?

GGP was watching him, saw him going towards the embankment, so then GGP assumed he had found his parents, so he was surprised when they came back 10 minutes later looking for him.

Did the parents tell ggp they were going

for a stroll? Or was everything ASSUMED?
Ggp assumed Deorr was with parents and parents assumed he was with ggp.

Answering a poster above: Who would leave their 2 year old in the care of someone with dementia to such a degree that they would not be able to respond appropriately if the baby were to disappear from view? Therefore, I just do not think GGP was that incompetent. However, I do not understand a GP or GGP who doesn't start searching immediately when a toddler is out of eye eight. I can not understand anyone assuming the child caught up to his parents without making certain that he did and that the parents were aware of it. But, dumber things have happened which have led to the death of babies so there is no reason to not believe what the parents, GGP and IR reported.

Now,what is the scoop on the strange, older guy staring at the baby who was also seen by others hiking and in a store in another area?? Any one have any info on this?

To address the first question, the only way I can see a parent leaving their child with someone with that degree of dementia is if there had been no previous incidents that would enable them to predict a situation like this could happen.

I have a family member who still drives and is mostly okay, but he also thinks he bought a laptop and hid it in a secret compartment in a card table, then completely ransacked my brother's house looking for it. The decision that we could not leave a child alone with him was not over night. I can actually still see a scenario where someone would feel comfortable leaving a child with him--especially if they were only walking 150 feet away for 10 mins--because he is "mostly" okay. BUT, god knows something terrible could happen, even though nothing terrible has happened to date. There is a chance this was the first extreme incident with GGP.

To be clear, I do not necessarily THINK this was the case, but at least it makes sense as to why GGP wouldn't follow up on a two-year old disappearing when he thought he was heading toward a steep embankment. (If he is actually working at full mental capacity, I can't reconcile that non-response.)

In terms of weird old guy, I don't know if you saw it, but there was a newscast video where a mom (speaking with her voice distorted to protect her ID) talked about the older guy her family saw hiking and then while eating ice cream in Swan Valley. I have no interest in that guy because I think if he really was a lead that LE would have been all over it. Especially now that the PI is saying he's going to do a sketch, etc. Instead, it seems LE is telling people to please give their tips to them and not the PI.

IMO, my instinct (not fact) is that there is a reason LE dismissed this "lead" from the get-go. Maybe LE was able to ID him and he's just a guy who stares a lot and had an alibi. I don't really trust anything coming from the PI. He does not have all the information that LE has. He is working with a specific agenda. It seems LE doesn't want him to mess up the investigation and I kind of agree. IMO, JMO.

I don't believe so.

That's what I thought, too. And also what DK said in the interview. I am paraphrasing, but he said that when he got back to the campsite he asked GGP where is little DeOrr and GGP said he thought the toddler was with the parents.

But I actually think all of the versions kind of fit together in a version where possibly:

-Little DeOrr is hanging out in the dirt and GGP is hanging out.

-The parents quietly walk off as not to alert the toddler that they are walking away. They assume that GGP has enough mental capacity that the toddler is not at risk of harm while they are gone.

-GGP is aware of little DeOrr walking toward the embankment and turns his head. He turns his head back and no longer sees little DeOrr, but because he for some reason feels the parents are close (they are in his line of sight) and did not know that they left DeOrr in his care, he assumes that the reason he no longer sees the toddler is because the toddler is with the parents. (A declining mental capacity could come into play here.)

-The parents return and think DeOrr will still be hanging out where they left him and yet he is gone. GGP is surprised when they ask where he is because he genuinely thought the toddler was with them and had no idea he was left in charge.

That's what I thought, too. And also what DK said in the interview. I am paraphrasing, but he said that when he got back to the campsite he asked GGP where is little DeOrr and GGP said he thought the toddler was with the parents.

But I actually think all of the versions kind of fit together in a version where possibly:

-Little DeOrr is hanging out in the dirt and GGP is hanging out.

-The parents quietly walk off as not to alert the toddler that they are walking away. They assume that GGP has enough mental capacity that the toddler is not at risk of harm while they are gone.

-GGP is aware of little DeOrr walking toward the embankment and turns his head. He turns his head back and no longer sees little DeOrr, but because he for some reason feels the parents are close (they are in his line of sight) and did not know that they left DeOrr in his care, he assumes that the reason he no longer sees the toddler is because the toddler is with the parents. (A declining mental capacity could come into play here.)

-The parents return and think DeOrr will still be hanging out where they left him and yet he is gone. GGP is surprised when they ask where he is because he genuinely thought the toddler was with them and had no idea he was left in charge.

And where is IR during all of this?

I would be curious how often GGP visited with the family. Was he a regular face that DeOrr would have recognized and felt comfortable with? Was there any type of relationship or did they just willy nilly decide to go camping with GGP and his 'friend', whom they never met before, whom was also quite younger than GGP.

I'm no psychic or anything but I get a very uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach when DK sr speaks. I guess that's all I can say about that.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kitty Marie