ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good points - but any way you slice it, it seems like the parents were being dishonest to cover themselves. And that is made even more serious and incriminating by the fact that they could by hand-waving an actual sighting of DeOrr with an abductor. If they really believed he was abducted, they would not lie and say that the sighting was them and sabotage DeOrr's chances of being found. Jmo.

That's true. For all they knew, it could have been the staring man. Not sure why DK would have been so sure it was him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely not. I guess I need to go back and read again, I don't remember, is that what was actually reported?

I can't find it anywhere. I thought it was in an article but now I'm thinking it was on SM, so disregard it. I'll go edit my post so no one gets hung up on this detail. I apologize for the confusion. (unless someone else finds a link to MSM)

I know. That's why it seems like it's made up entirely, along with the fact that it doesn't seem to have been shared with LE.

Right. I mean its all most to obvious
but if they put that much thought into it they would of put just as much into saying only one parent went into the store while the other waited with DeOrr. How would they have been 100% sure there were no cameras in the store. Paranoia would of made them think twice I think about even going to the store.
And if something did happen to DeOrr on the way home from the store then what does any of this matter then.

I can't find it anywhere. I thought it was in an article but now I'm thinking it was on SM, so disregard it. I'll go edit my post so no one gets hung up on this detail. I apologize for the confusion. (unless someone else finds a link to MSM)

No worries, desert, I've found myself doing the same thing. Who knows, it could be true, but at this point can only be considered a rumor until further verified. At this point I just consider it all food for thought. :thinking:

I guess that's possible but where did this person get all the details to make up a description of the store sighting that was so accurate that DK himself was convinced it was him and Deorr? Did they report the sighting to the police and then deny it? Maybe I'm not following you because I don't see how this makes sense if there actually was no store sighting anyway. Or, are you saying this person tricked DK into bringing up the rumor to prove Deorr was at the store even though he himself knew it was wasn't them at the store? My head is spinning.... I think I need some time to think about all this.
No I mean what if someone just dislikes the family. Its a small town I'm sure who ever said this (if anyone did) new about DeOrr missing. Wanted to involve them self and did. Adding in some diggs along the way and now nothing they say is credible anyways. So if they even did say they seen DeOrr can it be credible or if they really don't like them and are saying they didn't see him when they did.

Because who ever made the rummor up (if it was made up) wanted to incriminate the parents so why would they then say anything in support of the parents later on?

Take that then with the comment JM made about they new how much he ment to them and who could hate them so much and it just kind of makes me do a double take. Maybe someone really did hate these people.

What if somebody really did say they seen him at the store at 6pm because somebody really does hate them then turned around and denied seeing DeOrr at all.

Someone could have totally sparked that rumor if they hated the parents and wanted to pin the whole thing on DK. (Although, I have a hard time presuming that the clerk at the Stage Shop in Leadore necessarily knew--or hated--the parents from ID Falls, or would lie to LE about having seen the toddler, and that person's statement probably overrides any rumor of what he/she said.) But I guess ya never know.

Someone could have totally sparked that rumor if they hated the parents and wanted to pin the whole thing on DK. (Although, I have a hard time presuming that the clerk at the Stage Shop in Leadore necessarily knew--or hated--the parents from ID Falls, or would lie to LE about having seen the toddler, and that person's statement probably overrides any rumor of what he/she said.) But I guess ya never know.
Yeah I'm not really sure why anyone would hate them in that area really. Its the only thing I can think of to make it make sense for me.

Right. I mean its all most to obvious
but if they put that much thought into it they would of put just as much into saying only one parent went into the store while the other waited with DeOrr. How would they have been 100% sure there were no cameras in the store. Paranoia would of made them think twice I think about even going to the store.
And if something did happen to DeOrr on the way home from the store then what does any of this matter then.

I honestly have no idea, except they wouldn't have been relaying their account of going to the store until after DeOrr went missing. No idea what they said to LE. No idea why they brought up that rumor and claimed that it WAS DK (besides the two thoughts I had--one being that for some reason they wanted to verify the sighting of DeOrr in the store--or, two, they wanted to debunk the filthy, bawling and time insinuations, but concluded that the sighting was indeed real and based on being seen by the clerk on their trip at noon-ish.) Sorta confusing!

No I mean what if someone just dislikes the family. Its a small town I'm sure who ever said this (if anyone did) new about DeOrr missing. Wanted to involve them self and did. Adding in some diggs along the way and now nothing they say is credible anyways. So if they even did say they seen DeOrr can it be credible or if they really don't like them and are saying they didn't see him when they did.

Because who ever made the rummor up (if it was made up) wanted to incriminate the parents so why would they then say anything in support of the parents later on?

Take that then with the comment JM made about they new how much he ment to them and who could hate them so much and it just kind of makes me do a double take. Maybe someone really did hate these people.

I think there is no question that there has been vitriol against the parents and, in fact, I think that's what NE was bringing up in terms of rumors--so what you're saying is not unreasonable in the slightest! I think what is confusing is why DK would verify that it WAS him, when there was actually no sighting of the toddler in the store reported. Why would he give that rumor any validity?

I think there is no question that there has been vitriol against the parents and, in fact, I think that's what NE was bringing up in terms of rumors--so what you're saying is not unreasonable in the slightest! I think what is confusing is why DK would verify that it WAS him, when there was actually no sighting of the toddler in the store reported. Why would he give that rumor any validity?

I am still confused about whether there really was a rumor or not. If there was a rumor about the clerk seeing a toddler looking like DeOrr, crying at 6 pm, why wouldn't the family assume it was the kidnapper hat was seen with him?

Maybe because they new who it was coming from didn't like them.
Heck maybe they did get all excited only to learned it wasn't DeOrr and it was just a rummor. Could be a good reason it was brought up. I could imagine how hurtful that'd be. It'd stick out. Maybe thats why they felt a need to address it.

Who is the lady that is in the sexual molesters list? Didn't she work at the store? TIA

People should be ashamed of themselves , inventing all the store-time discrepancies , what day they arrived , was the child even at the campground , it becomes ridiculous ... the sheriff and police are not idiots , they would have figured all that out the first day.

Interviewer - Are there any rumours that you've seen or anything that you want to clear up, Jessica?
Jessica - I just - somebody at the store in Leadore - it was one of the ladies that had worked in the store - said they saw a gentleman and a younger blonde boy matching our description of our son, really filthy, buying candy for him, and he was just bawling. In a black truck. That is the only -
Deorr cuts in - There's a problem. My pickup truck's black.
Jessica - He drives a black truck
DeOrr - I drive a black truck. As a family we went down to get a few things.
Interviewer - So it could have been you?
DeOrr - It *was* me. But they claim it was at 6 o'clock that evening, and we were still with search and rescue until what, a quarter to 4? We haven't left the camp since one o'clock that afternoon, so it's just a lot of hearsay.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwM1oG3z358

Oct 9th 2015
Voiceover - A receipt and cashier prove the parents' trip to the only convenience store in town - but was the toddler with his mother and father?
Sheriff - Somebody said they thought they saw a child in the vehicle while they fueled up, but they're not positive.

http://m.localnews8.com/news/3-mont...=social&utm_source=facebook_KIFI_Local_News_8

Why doesn't somebody ask the sheriff? Seems some of the questions being asked over and over could be put to rest.

After three months he might be willing to give some timeliness out.

He IS a person that wants this child found.

Put together a carefully worded request, as a group, of concerned citizens.

As per WS do not mention the forum name.

Nobody 's asking him. Maybe he would be quite receptive.

What if somebody really did say they seen him at the store at 6pm because somebody really does hate them then turned around and denied seeing DeOrr at all.

You'd have to hate someone pretty badly to do something like that.

But this was in Leadore, and they're from Idaho Falls, aren't they? What are the odds that they'd know someone in teensy Leadore who would hate them that much? I just don't know ...

re:"filthy," I'd say that's pretty much standard operating procedure for small kids camping. It's certainly not a sign of negligence. "Bawling" as a descriptive term is certainly more worrying, but at the same time, two-year-olds do sometimes "bawl" over the most inconsequential -- to us -- things ... spilled Cheerios, a cup that was dropped, a smudge on the window. So much so that someone even made a website dedicated to all the random things toddlers cry about.

I am still confused about whether there really was a rumor or not. If there was a rumor about the clerk seeing a toddler looking like DeOrr, crying at 6 pm, why wouldn't the family assume it was the kidnapper hat was seen with him?

That has been my question all along. A filthy bawling baby seen at 6 pm on FRIDAY could have been Deorr with a kidnapper. Then, when DK said it was a problem because the clerk said the person had a black truck and JM chimed in and said "and he drives a black truck" meaning DK, it made zero sense. Why couldnt it have been a kidnapper who had a black truck and had a filthy bawling kidnapped Deorr with him? As a mother i would have jumped on that rumor and said "my baby was seen at 6pm the same day he went missing with a stranger!" Help me! MOO

For whatever reason, they wanted the sighting to be real but they wanted it to be a different time to prove they were in the store "as a family".

IMO, there is a huge piece missing here..this is why no one.. none of us and not LE or the FBI have been able to solve this. The timeline and the highway cameras hold the answers. MOO

Because there is always a possibility that the baby drowned accidentally, was abducted or was taken by a wild animal, this case, imo will go unsolved. There simply is too much reasonable doubt.

Anything i write is just my opinion.

Why were they only with search and rescue until 3:45? This has been bugging me like crazy. My apologies if this has been discussed. I went back to the timeline at the beginning and got this much:
~Parents and kid arrive late Thursday. (Too dark to set up camp, so sleep in truck.)
~Parents drive back into town Friday morning, get some supplies, get gas.
~Arrive back at campsite. Parents go for walk.
~Baby is missing, mom calls 911 at 2:40 saying baby has been missing for about an hour.
~Dad says they were with S&R until AT LEAST A QUARTER TO FOUR?!? At LEAST?

Am I confused?

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

In the sheriff's latest interview he says the parents set up camp on Thursday night, BTW.

The parents may have been with search and rescue until 3.45, and then LE took them to the station for questioning, or something like that. Plus often in cases like this the parents are not allowed to search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raine73