ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both could very well be true , not a problem nor a contradiction , IR first took the parents to where he found fish and then they likely went their separate ways exploring up or down the creek. A bit later the parents went to get DeOrr thinking he would like to see the minnows.

Totally agree. It seems under those circumstances with the parents and IR walking away, then splitting up, baby Deoor walks away from GGP... The first person he could have run into might have been IR. Is it possible IR could have just scared him off? IR made him run away in the wrong direction? Accidentally or on purpose? Just mulling this situation over for possible scenarios. JMO.

This is the first sentence of my post: "Well, certainly not all dogs are equal, and not all handlers are equal."

I neither said, nor implied, otherwise.

I just reiterated my thoughts.

Hi Arnie!

I completely agree the Sheriff might not want people there for liability reasons. You expressed my point better than I did.

That makes total sense to me....I wonder if the immediate area is closed to hunters and campers?

Was there a camper and was it searched?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That makes total sense to me....I wonder if the immediate area is closed to hunters and campers?

Those sites are open to campers from 5-15 to 10-15 and it doesn't show the area to have been closed. I would think if they had been closed (up until 10-15) there would have been a notice on the website.

I don't at this point, see any real differences in this case on SM then there was in other cases like C. Anthony, H. Cummings, L. Irwin, D. Redwine, K. Horman. It seems these cases esp. if the parents are suspected, really bring out the crazies on both sides. People tend to get passionate in these cases, but of course some people take things way too far as well. It's stunning to me how people will act & the lengths some will go to, so I have learned to stay-away for the most part.

I don't at this point, see any real differences in this case on SM then there was in other cases like C. Anthony, H. Cummings, L. Irwin, D. Redwine, K. Horman. It seems these cases esp. if the parents are suspected, really bring out the crazies on both sides. People tend to get passionate in these cases, but of course some people take things way too far as well. It's stunning to me how people will act & the lengths some will go to, so I have learned to stay-away for the most part.

WERE any of the parents guilty in those cases?

The area is not closed to hunters or campers. I believe they did close the campground for a few days at the beginning of the search, but it has been open ever since.

Was there a camper and was it searched?

The great-grandfather had his camper at the campground. While I don't think it was ever reported specifically that the camper was searched, the sheriff has stated that all of their vehicles were searched a couple of times.

WERE any of the parents guilty in those cases?

With the exception of Casey Anthony, no charges have been filed in the other cases. As we all know Casey was found not guilty by the jury in the court of law. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I refuse to criticize the efforts of the troops on the ground while I sit behind a screen a million miles away, guessing at 'evidence'.

Just my opinion.
I sure hope this wasn't directed at my post where I asked about whether searchers ever turn off the engines and listen for lost children. It was certainly NOT a criticism. I'm truly curious! Does anyone know? Is this ever done? I have nothing but complete respect for the searchers, and I've never doubted that they've done all they could do. If I feel this anguished and frustrated a million miles away behind my screen, I can't even begin to imagine being there aiding in the search, or, being the family.

Wondering25 - the dogs ground scented at the lower level before the cremains were spread and nothing lead them away from the campsite. At least this is how I remember it. On maybe day 3 of the search, the dogs alerted on the 'upper reservoir', apparently confused by cremains spread the night before. You know, upper, where those other campers were.

Hmm.

Back in thread #9, around the 700-750 post area, there was discussion about the use of infrared heat guns being used from the air. I never saw a link to confirm or any details on when they were used. Anyone know?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

It was within several of the TV interviews , both with the sheriff and DeOrrs father mentioned it too. It was a state of the art SAR helicopter with all the bells and whistles from a neighboring state and I believe it was used from the very first night the child went missing . IIRC they only spotted one old Wolf . Sorry I dont know the exact videos. Try the TV station , they should have them all archived.

Wondering25 - the dogs ground scented at the lower level before the cremains were spread and nothing lead them away from the campsite. At least this is how I remember it. On maybe day 3 of the search, the dogs alerted on the 'upper reservoir', apparently confused by cremains spread the night before. You know, upper, where those other campers were.

Hmm.

Which takes us back to those other campers who just "disappeared"... First they were "assisting" with the search, then they just disappeared. All awhile the EMT bag goes missing. Another problem, IMO.

Hi Angiebla .. most likely the sheriff feels it would be irresponsible to open wide the doors for anyone and everyone to search , inexperienced searchers themselves could get lost or hurt etc. And if there is any evidence to be found they may not treat it properly or contaminate it , things like that

I think we have to place a lot of trust in the hundreds of searchers who are and have been there so far. We have not been given all the details , but that does not mean they didn't do a good job

And I sure agree with what you said about all the vitriol being spewed everywhere in this case . Some of those folks should be ashamed of themselves. The only thing that hasn't been thrown under the bus is the bus itself

On this note, another thought I have had, is that perhaps LE is searching in areas that aren't in the area adjacent to or even near the campsite, outside of the original search area. In other words, in areas away from there where he may have been taken by someone. :(

There were many scent dogs used ( forget the cremains dogs) just the regular human scent dogs. Whether the baby was carried off by a lion, dragged or picked up and carried up road to a to a waiting vehicle, a scent should have been picked up. instead the dogs circled .. went to the reservoir and came back. That tells me either all these dogs are incompetent, the baby was there at one time ( but perhaps not another) and that they returned to the campsite because that is where the scent was and they cannot find him after that because he got into his parent's vehicle and went off. Add to that the questionable to no sighting at the convenience store and it appears something is amiss. MOO

Could the other 2 POI be remembering seeing Deorr BEFORE the store trip and not after? Is SB telling the actual story? I guess he can tell us whatever he wants while this is under investigation..right? i don't know? If there is truly a crazy leering man out there this info is lost to the ages, imo. 3 months later and this guy is long gone..IMO

Anything i write is just my opinion

I've been wondering too about the other POI's, and when and where they saw Deorr last. GGP says he saw him go up over the embankment and figured the little guy was going to catch up to his parents. But prior to that, he said something like he turned away for a moment, looked up, and Deorr was gone. I guess both can be true. I wonder if GGP saw Deorr near the embankment, turned his back for a moment, and when he turned around, Deorr was gone, and that's when he assumed he'd caught up with his parents.

We know little about IR, other than he was exploring fishing spots with the parents, and then it sounds like he went off in the other direction to another fishing spot by himself. SB stated that all 4 POI's were within sight of each other when the disappearance occurred.

IR's interview still sets off alarm bells to me. Mostly when he remarked, "Did you talk to GGP yet?" when asked if he was present when Deorr disappeared. Odd. Almost like he's wondering, whoa...our accounts of the disappearance better line up. Or, that GGP was the only one with the answer.

It seems unlikely all POI's would be involved. <modsnip>

Uggghhhh.

A better example is the conspiracy theorists targeting the families of Sandy Hook victims. They said that the children never got shot and died at all, it was all just a government plot to bring in gun-control laws and the parents of the children who died were actually just actors.

That's the kind of mentally ill people that high profile cases can attract, sadly.

A better example is the conspiracy theorists targeting the families of Sandy Hook victims. They said that the children never got shot and died at all, it was all just a government plot to bring in gun-control laws and the parents of the children who died were actually just actors.

That's the kind of mentally ill people that high profile cases can attract, sadly.

UNbelievable.

I just returned from walking with my dogs (on leash). I've seen this happen before and find it interesting..

So, we're tooling down the road (very rural here...all dead end dirt roads), dogs stop to sniff here and there...Then, it's time to turn back and something we literally passed less than 10 seconds earlier (and was NO big deal) has suddenly turned into a HUGE SMELL DEAL....I mean, they went berserk! I almost got pulled over and dragged, it was THAT good!

It's fascinating and all I can think of is something changed weather-wise, and smells are rising differently? I bet One Best could explain it.

I just returned from walking with my dogs (on leash). I've seen this happen before and find it interesting..

So, we're tooling down the road (very rural here...all dead end dirt roads), dogs stop to sniff here and there...Then, it's time to turn back and something we literally passed less than 10 seconds earlier (and was NO big deal) has suddenly turned into a HUGE SMELL DEAL....I mean, they went berserk! I almost got pulled over and dragged, it was THAT good!

It's fascinating and all I can think of is something changed weather-wise, and smells are rising differently? I bet One Best could explain it.

I just read a blog of a couple who mountain bike with their two Labradors in Colorado. She said when the wildlife (elk, deer, etc) are downwind from the dogs, the dogs don't even know the wildlife is present and that the wildlife clearly seem to "know" they are safe from detection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member