ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to that new Klein interview, it seems like they could make arrests soon. They're "99.9%" sure DeOrr is deceased and more witnesses are coming forward about the timeline. If they get tips about the family situation, it might be enough to go for a murder charge.

Come on someone, please clear up the four hour issue for me, I can't hear Klein's comments on the IR interview.
He said due to more tips over the past few days & different versions of the timeline that K INVESTIGSTIONS feels that the original 17 minute window the baby was unaccounted for is now more like 4 hours. They hadn't seen the baby in four hours.

Unless the Sheriff was bluffing in his statements about IR yesterday, it's a crock of crap for Klein to come out and say IR has not been forthcoming. In fact, Klein's own office stated IR was willing to talk with his lawyer present and then his lawyer shut the interview down when he found out about it. IR has no obligation to help Klein out, and IMO it was a smart move not to talk to Klein and company after seeing them chastise IR after watching his interview.

One of the female investigators with Klein said it was like IR did the interview to try to improve his own image. Umm, ya think??? He's been silent for 6 months, a time in which he has been accused all over social media of murdering a child.

Well Klein still hasn't spoken to IR so I don't think it could be him unless LE decided to share that.

17 min to 4 hours is kind of huge. I'd like to know what he means by this. Wow is all I have left to say.

Sharing? We have a lot of inconsistencies between the two people who are talking the most. That makes me wonder if one or both are being less than truthful. Bowerman said outright that he (he said we) have not communicated with Klein. Klein goes on to say, not just today but on several occasions, how closely he has worked with LE and that he's never experienced a better working relationship between civilian PI and LE. Their stories just keep changing. I think I know "why", I certainly know the "who" and "what", I just don't know the "where" and "how"! They have both just risen to the top of MY list!

IMO, they do not have enough evidence to charge the parents at this time. For one thing, SB stated himself that they know the parents have been "less than truthful", and he believes the parents might know DeOrr's location. Beyond that, they don't know the facts.

Secondly, imho, if LE had sufficient evidence to charge the parents, even circumstantial, they would know whether he was dead or alive, or suffered an accident as opposed to intentional harm. SB, et al might have a pretty good notion of what transpired, but not the evidence to make charges stick.

JMO

Listen to SB at about 7:10 here.

http://590kid.com/2016/01/25/new-lemhi-sheriff-speaks-to-kid-about-deorr-kunz-jr-s-parent/

ETA: For the member who questioned whether SB asked the public for information regarding "unusual interaction" between the parents and DeOrr, you can hear it yourself at 1:10 in the audio recording.

The sheriff's tone in his voice says it all. He doesn't have high hopes for an arrest. He has suspicions, but I don't think he is nearly as "hopeful" as the PI that there will be a resolution in the near future, if ever.

Four hours and DeOrr certainly could have drowned, been found and hidden out of the search area completely. Or he could have gotten a "whupping down by the crick" and was that DeOrr's real blanket or a "replica"?

Why won't he let Jessica talk? She knows he's lying - that's why she doesn't look at the camera a lot. 17 minutes to 4 hours. . . IR was smart to lawyer up early. This is a hot mess.

He said due to more tips over the past few days & different versions of the timeline that K INVESTIGSTIONS feels that the original 17 minute window the baby was unaccounted for is now more like 4 hours. They hadn't seen the baby in four hours.

He didn't say that meant they hadn't seen the baby in four hours. He didn't explain the new four hour window. IMO

By the time he got to the minnow in the crick in that interview (DK), I literally gagged. They contradicted themselves in that interview.

He didn't say that meant they hadn't seen the baby in four hours. He didn't explain the new four hour window. IMO

Right, or that's the way I took it too. The four hours was the search and the 911 call. And everything in-between.

The parents hadn't seen the baby in four hours???? Or is it GGP and IR who hadn't seen the baby in four hours???

So are we supposed to now understand that the baby was disposed of before 9:30-10:30am?

If they left the baby with GGP for 4 hours, they would have no need to lie about the minutes and minnows. They could just say, 'we left him with GGP for a few hours and when we got back, he was gone". It isn't a crime to leave a child in someone else's care.

Where were they that they hadn't seen the baby?? what does this mean??

My head hurts.

ETA - oh, so this four hour 'window" is from the time they 'left' DeOrr with GGP (1:30-45pm-ish) until LE arrived at what 4:45pm? Why bother stating this, we all knew this part. Klein makes it sound like a 'new' revelation that came from tips - why?

Nate promoted the interview with IR on the EIN website saying "nothing is off limits", he then says in the video during the lead-in to the actual interview "nothing was off limits... but there were topics LE and his attorney asked him not to speak about". So some stuff was off limits then? Not a good start.

The only interesting factual comments by IR imo were;

- he was surprised the parents were named suspects
- he replied yes when asked "deorr was up there?", there is no other context given for this question or response other than it is clear they are talking about "the camping trip"
- IR thought maybe deorr was abducted or taken by a wolf
- asked "you had nothing to do with it?" IR replies "exactly"
- he has no idea where deorr is and hopes he is found
- he had been camping and fishing with the GGF several times before this
- he did not know deorr's parents before this
- he was with the parents "a couple days" during this incident, no other specific info given to clarify this
- the parents did not coach him about his story

Regarding the Klein response video;

- klein says there are a couple things from the IR interview he needs to compare to the master timeline - the only things he could be talking about are IR's claims about how long he has known the GGF and the parents, and the somewhat vague "couple of days" comment
- klein says he knows for a fact that NOBODY put any restrictions on IR during that interview regarding what he could talk about, Nate claims both LE and IR's Attorney did, this should be an easily verifiable point, and worth verifying - who told Nate that LE and the Attorney had made some thing off limits? (for the interview where nothing was off limits! no less...)
- klein says it is 4 hours that deorr is unaccounted for, not 17 minutes, determined by witness interviews and recanted statements

For anybody that's wondering, Klein's exact words are, "We've now expanded the 17 minutes to 4 hours." As @ILOKAL stated, he gives no clarification on that. He does not use the words unaccounted or unattended.

If I had to guess, he means that Deorr was confirmed to be seen alive by somebody outside of the group of 4 POI's about 4 hours before the "search" and 911 call.

The four hours would have to be between the two known times: the store receipt around 10:30/11:00am and the 911 call at approx. 2:30pm

But whose whereabouts are in question during the time frame; both parents, DeOrr or all three?

JMO, but LE have enough evidence to bring charges but want to makes sure they're the right charges. They don't want to charge them with hiding a body or manslaughter, have them sentenced to a few years in prison and then find the body and find out it was 1st degree murder. And they don't want to charge them with 1st degree murder and have a jury find them not guilty, because then due to double jeopardy they couldn't try them again for manslaughter. They don't want a Cayce Anthony situation.

That's what I thought Bowerman was saying.

The four hours would have to be between the two known times: the store receipt around 10:30/11:00am and the 911 call at approx. 2:30pm

That would make sense to me, but I don't believe we've ever had confirmation of the time of the receipt or that there was a confirmed sighting or surveillance of Deorr Jr. at the store.

Which then leads us to IR who had seen DeOrr at the campsite. So I'm guessing IR last seem DeOrr before the trip to the store. Or knows more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachesisjenny