ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The part of the first unedited interview where Deorr speaks of the store clerk's sighting of the filthy child eating candy in a black truck. Deorr Sr. says, "That's the problem, *I* drive a black truck. This was discussed at 7:08 minutes into the video.

[video=youtube;mwM1oG3z358]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwM1oG3z358[/video]

I hadn't watched that in a while and have to wonder why they chose to do this interview. They're probably regretting it by now, imo. He's so nervous it's hard to watch, and she looks like she can barely move at all... I can't blame her. :( It's always seemed odd to me how he uses "about" which indicates approximate time, but such a precise time of 2:26.

TG: to the parents, right. So, again, that’s just something that’s ambiguous but not necessarily suspicious at all just because it was a busy time, and I’m assuming there is no video?

03:48
SB: Absolutely no video from the time they left Idaho Falls where they fueled up and…and you know their vehicle was seen and someone seen them getting out of the driver’s side to fuel up, but uh no child was ever seen so we don’t have any video.

rsbm - I always thought this meant that there was NO video, but rereading it, I almost think he's saying there's no video of little DeOrr. It's a small distinction, but it could be an important one.

"DeOrr, is it true? Has your son been found in Minnesota?” I asked hopefully.

A long pause. Then his response:

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/08...-news-happens/

This was really my turning point -- when this reaction was reported. Because no matter how I try to twist it in my brain, I cannot make it fit the parents' narrative.

But in the earlier interview with SB he didn't he state that the clerk didn't remember for sure seeing a child at all? I don't have the link handy, sorry.

Yes, that is correct. TxJan1971 just reposted it... clerk didn't remember a child. Someone getting gas thought there could have been a child in the back seat of the truck, but wasn't sure (however, DK and JM haven't said DeOrr was left alone in the truck so it could have been someone else or just incorrect memory...)

Yes, that is correct. TxJan1971 just reposted it... clerk didn't remember a child. Someone getting gas thought there could have been a child in the back seat of the truck, but wasn't sure (however, DK and JM haven't said DeOrr was left alone in the truck so it could have been someone else or just incorrect memory...)

Yeah, I just saw it and deleted my post, but not soon enough, lol. Thanks db. :)

rsbm - I always thought this meant that there was NO video, but rereading it, I almost think he's saying there's no video of little DeOrr. It's a small distinction, but it could be an important one.

This was really my turning point -- when this reaction was reported. Because no matter how I try to twist it in my brain, I cannot make it fit the parents' narrative.

BBM: I hadn't looked at it that way - interesting.... (would that mean, though, that DeOrr may not have been on the trip at all????)

I'm sure I asked many threads ago whether there were two ladies that worked at the store. Jessica does say 'one of the ladies at the store' in the above video.

It was said to be busy in the store that day and it's also a gas station so two cashiers makes sense to me. Problem is that all the talk SB has made about the incident makes it sound like only one cashier was there.

I don't understand why IR would say DeOrr was there if he wasn't... Unless he was just told DeOrr was there and believed them. I thought he did say he saw DeOrr. I don't have the link to his IR's interview with Nate handy.

BBM.

Could I clarify by this you are talking about the Stage Stop? I do think there may be cross wires here! (not difficult with this case...)

The child in the back seat at the gas station sighting happened at the only fuel stop they did (the best I can make out) at IF before driving up to Leadore.

SB said:
Absolutely no video from the time they left Idaho Falls where they fueled up and…and you know their vehicle was seen and someone seen them getting out of the driver’s side to fuel up, but uh no child was ever seen so we don’t have any video.

BBM.

Could I clarify by this you are talking about the Stage Stop? I do think there may be cross wires here! (not difficult with this case...)

The child in the back seat at the gas station sighting happened at the only fuel stop they did (the best I can make out) at IF before driving up to Leadore.

Yes, the Stage Stop. SB said that someone that was getting gas in their own vehicle may have seen DK's truck at the store, possibly with a child in the back seat... at least that is my interpretation... This is different from the stop where they got diesel fuel on Thursday on their way up.

I still want to know about the very last person to lay eyes on an alive and well Baby DeOrr. Who, where and when?

Yes, the Stage Stop. SB said that someone that was getting gas in their own vehicle may have seen DK's truck at the store, possibly with a child in the back seat... at least that is my interpretation... This is different from the stop where they got diesel fuel on Thursday on their way up.

Did we ever learn "for sure" what they needed diesel fuel for?

Honestly, I'm not confident enough to say that! Also if they filled up the Dodge Ram to go 120 miles, I'd wonder why they needed more fuel so soon unless they only put a few dollars in. Also I remember reading the Stage Stop doesn't have Diesel?

Apart from the 4 at the campsite, you mean? AFAIK none of the family have said when they last saw DeOrr before the camping trip...

Has anyone asked Klein yet? He's doing a question and answer shortly.

Eta this was in reference to who last saw DeOrr alive.

Apart from the 4 at the campsite, you mean? AFAIK none of the family have said when they last saw DeOrr before the camping trip...

Has anyone asked Klein yet? He's doing a question and answer shortly.

Somebody did ask that a little bit ago. I remember seeing it.

That's one thing Klein should know, since he's interviewed all the family... When was DeOrr last seen in Idaho Falls by someone other than the parents? And did he look okay - any bruises or bumps on the head or anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member