ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As an earlier poster said, it is nice to see that mom has put up "posters" on her FB now of Little D. since there were days of silence, BUT am I the only one who thinks its weird that the search posters have the dads pic on them and his pic is the same size as baby's? Plus, the poster with baby w/different hair color and implication that he could be dressed as a girl is just bizarre IMO.

It looks like that is from some kind of missing children's organization template. I think that's what the green ribbon is. Maybe it's a common thing when kids go missing? It could keep someone from immediately dismissing the information because they haven't seen any blond boys.

As an earlier poster said, it is nice to see that mom has put up "posters" on her FB now of Little D. since there were days of silence, BUT am I the only one who thinks its weird that the search posters have the dads pic on them and his pic is the same size as baby's?...
RSBM. Weird, but not surprising.

...Plus, the poster with baby w/different hair color and implication that he could be dressed as a girl is just bizarre IMO.
Weird and surprising.

No, they said they don't suspect a stranger abduction. I don't remember them every saying they didn't suspect foul play.

Anyways, you really can't take LE's statements at this time as gospel. Getting the facts right to the press is the last of their worries right now

Sometimes LE intentionally misleads the public through false statements. I read a lot of true crime books and this happens (to some degree) in many (I would say most) of the cases (more than I would have guessed, even with less experienced and rural LE).

Not necessarily referring to the stranger abduction possibility here...LE could have issued a false statement about another aspect of this case.

Sorry if my wording is confusing. TOS.

This is truly a really sad case

You said it very well in so little words. It truly is a sad case and with no clues we go everywhere in our wonderings about what happened to this 'little guy'.

I don't think the outcome is going to be good. Lets just remember him in our prayers that he didn't suffer and is in 'good hands' up above!

This is what I get Deorr's dad saying (relevant to the question) @the vigil:
"there's not much to be said except one small mistake as a parent...you know..leaving him with an adult that turns his head for a minute...they move.they go.."
jmho

I will choose my words carefully because IWasThisClose to getting a time out yesterday.

I read that the parents thought that DeOrr was with the GGP and the GGP thought he was with the parents. I also read the GGP looked away for a minute and the child was gone. Which is it? It can't be both. I'm not accusing anyone. Just wondering about the discrepancy.

I've seen this questioned a few times but I haven't seen a clear answer, unless I just overlooked it.

We have to remember that his boots are cowboy books, which means that the awkward heel would make it near-impossible for a toddler to make it far on rough, rocky terrain

That's something I had not thought about. It would be hard to walk and get very far in cowboy boots with heels and being too big.

I don't know which version is correct.
I think we are all very confused @this point.
Now we also have reports that no foul play is suspected but the drone will not be searching, only capturing images in case of a criminal trial one day.
Hopefully someone will have the right answer.
jmho:thinking:

Here is the link of the vigil where the dad explains using the words I quoted:
[video=youtube;-OPgaX_9v8g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OPgaX_9v8g[/video]
Here is the link to the only other interview the parents gave:
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/uncut-entire-interview-with-parents-of-deorr-kunz/

I always picture a campsite as a tent or two, chairs, a firepit...did they set up tents yet? If not, where was DeOrr to nap? A blanket in the sun, without his blankie?

Not sure the boots were camo. Just oversized cowboy boots is all I've seen in the descriptions. The color of the boots hasn't been mentioned.

ETA: just saw a Missing poster on mom's FB and it does mention the boots are camouflage cowboy boots.

Thank you for that.

So they state they do not suspect foul play, that no clothing was found and should've been had an animal taken the baby, the waterways are shallow and have been fully searched and it makes no sense that they could not find him given the intensity of the search. So what's left?

I can't get over that he was wearing camo boots and a camo jacket. To me that would make it so much easier for his body to be hidden.

I can't imagine this baby could survive so many days in the wild.

“They are just photographing the area in case this should ever turn into a criminal investigation,” Bowerman said."

"Sheriff Bowerman also confirmed that drones are being brought to the Timber Creek/ Stone Reservoir area but doesn't believe they will be used in the search. Instead the drones will be used to document the area for evidence if a trial in connection to DeOrr's disappearance is ever convened."

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/lemhi-sheriff-on-deorr-kunz-we-do-not-suspect-foul-play/
http://www.localnews8.com/news/new-details-on-search-for-deorr-kunz-jr/34281340

so...no clues, no evidence, no signs, no suspects, no victim, no witnesses...but the sheriff's made two specific quotes as to an illogical future scenario, according to LE's own findings...

yet LE has stated there's no foul play...so to be prosecuted is a wayward mountain lion or a reservoir? am I just STUPID?

wait don't answer that...:gaah:

I always picture a campsite as a tent or two, chairs, a firepit...did they set up tents yet? If not, where was DeOrr to nap? A blanket in the sun, without his blankie?

I've wondered about the tents as well, I know when we camp we always set up before we go off exploring,

yet LE has stated there's no foul play...so to be prosecuted is a wayward mountain lion or a reservoir? am I just STUPID?

Nope. You're not stupid at all.

:silenced:

Hi there, I am just trying to get up to speed on this case -- is anyone familiar with this location? I just watched the interview with the parents and I am just trying to have an idea of the terrain that was described: small and totally enclosed/surrounded by mountains, knee deep creek leading to the reservoir. The area was also described as so small that it was thought impossible to lose track of a person....but then was described as noisy with no ability to see or hear anyone approaching or leaving the area. ?? No accusations here just having a hard time visualizing this place. tia for any advice on the area...

It looks like someone was trying to help and gave him different hair colors in case he was abducted and the person dyed his hair.

The ad says he may be dressed like a girl basically if someone is trying to conceal him... not that his parents do that lol

I find it kind of interesting that they keep quoting Grandma saying "He just vanished." (and she wasn't even ON the trip.) From the way she says it, it sounds like she WAS there.

“They are just photographing the area in case this should ever turn into a criminal investigation,” Bowerman said."

"Sheriff Bowerman also confirmed that drones are being brought to the Timber Creek/ Stone Reservoir area but doesn't believe they will be used in the search. Instead the drones will be used to document the area for evidence if a trial in connection to DeOrr's disappearance is ever convened."

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/lemhi-sheriff-on-deorr-kunz-we-do-not-suspect-foul-play/
http://www.localnews8.com/news/new-details-on-search-for-deorr-kunz-jr/34281340

so...no clues, no evidence, no signs, no suspects, no victim, no witnesses...but the sheriff's made two specific quotes as to an illogical future scenario, according to LE's own findings...

LOL, I was just going to before the little guy jumped up. :truce:

I wonder how deep the toilet vault is, and how well it was checked, how far is it to the site lil Deorr went missing from

I think he was napping in the truck and was able to somehow wake up and get out and nobody saw him leaving. I'm thinking the parents thought him safe because he was sleeping and they thought grandpa knew he was asleep in the truck and they wanted to just slip away for a bit. Grandpa saw they were gone and thought DeOrr was with them.

I know it would be hard for a 2 1/2 year old to open a car door. Does anybody know if they can do that?

Windows might have been down and there might be a window in the back he could have crawled through to the bed of the truck and down that way.

I donno. Just thinking out loud here.

MOO

On July 15, 2015 EastIdahoNews.com reported, "According to investigators, Kunz and Mitchell have offered DNA samples and are willing to undergo lie detector tests."

On July 22, 3015, EastIdahoNews.com reported, "Kunz and Mitchell volunteered to take the tests."

Willing and volunteer have separate meanings. They aren't even synonyms. They are nearly antonyms. The phrases were intentionally stressed in the news reports.

Maybe Nate Eaton (the reporter) made a mistake. Maybe persons Nate spoke to applied the spin. Maybe I'm nitpicking.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/a-closer-look-the-campground-where-deorr-kunz-disappeared/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654