ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but I don't think there's any way in the world that LE would not have thoroughly searched the camper before letting it leave the site.

Here's the other one I have. It still doesn't make me feel certain that GGP actually made the call himself.

BOS: Who made the 3rd phone call to 911. Was there a disposable phone in the hands of anyone while camping?
February 1 at 9:44pm

KIC: There were three calls made to 911. First, Vernal. Second, Jessica. Third, the grandfather.
February 2 at 12:50pm

https://www.facebook.com/bellasfriendsuamc/posts/1688440941411392

And there was another one that said the call from GGP came first.

I also remember reading from one of Klein's FB Q & A sessions that GGPA's call came first. It think it was during his most recent session.

Well we know JM's call was third because that was at 14:28 while the other two were :22 and :26 past 2.

Thanks. But I've all ready read that a few times. IR stopped talking with LE before the patents. So idk of course his story is most consistent if that's the case.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

He stopped talking with LE? I got the impression that he was being quite cooperative.

"I'm not getting any feeling that he's not being truthful," Bowerman said. "He's come up to the area on a second occasion with me, and I think he's been very truthful and I appreciate his help."

Bowerman said everyone at the campsite has had their vehicles and homes searched several times, and Bonneville County deputies and the FBI are now working with Lemhi County detectives.

He's gone back to the campsite with SB, he's taken two polygraphs and he's allowed his home to be searched several times. Yes, he has an attorney, but that doesn't mean he's stopped talking to the police. Do you have a link?

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=36029241&nid=157&fm=most_popular&s_cid=popular-2

The parents are suspects. That's all good and every thing. But what bothers me is that the other two are still very much poi. So that leads me to beleive that they don't know what happen or who did what because why not then clear the other two?
And the fact that the other two are still poi makes me beleive that they don't in fact have physical evidence linking the parents 100% to DeOrr's disappearance.

It's quite possible that the police don't know what happened. But even if they had something that definitely links the parents to Deorr's disappearance I wouldn't expect them to "clear" the other two until the case gets solved. I think it would be very hard for the others not to be persons of interest. Evidence that showed the parents did it would not necessarily exclude that the other two at the campsite also had something to do with it or helped cover it up.

I feel the camper was searched judging by this statement:

"Bowerman said everyone at the campsite has had their vehicles and homes searched several times, and Bonneville County deputies and the FBI are now working with Lemhi County detectives."

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/08/lemhi-sheriff-opens-up-about-deorr-kunz-case/

SB said they searched the vehicles but he was afraid they might have missed a compartment. The only vehicle with enough compartments to have maybe missed one is the camper, IMO.
If they were going under the assumption that Deorr had wandered off when they searched the camper, then it makes sense that they wouldn't have done a "are there any hidden compartments ?" searches.
If the camper was removed from the campground before cadaver dogs were brought in and Deorr was hidden in a covert compartment in the camper there would be no hits.
So...lots of unanswered questions about the camper IMO.

BBM

CB: It's been heard that Isaac has intellectual disabilities. His LDT came back inconclusive. What are the specific questions that were asked? Does Isaac get a 'get out of jail' free card? Is there strong evidence that makes Isaac innocent?

Klein Investigations and Consulting
Isaac in our teams opinion is a person of interest with "direct knowledge".

ETA - I wonder the same.

So Isaac (according to Klein, anyway) has direct knowledge.

http://guide.iacrc.org/the-basics-of-evidence-for-fraud-and-corruption-investigators/

From the above link (under Witness Statements):

"In general, 'direct knowledge' means that the witness personally and directly:

Did or participated in the act or transactions in question, or
Saw them being done, or
Heard about them from a subject of the investigation..."

There's a lot more to this article, but it seems obvious that Isaac knows something very important.

So Isaac (according to Klein, anyway) has direct knowledge.

http://guide.iacrc.org/the-basics-of-evidence-for-fraud-and-corruption-investigators/

From the above link (under Witness Statements):

"In general, 'direct knowledge' means that the witness personally and directly:

Did or participated in the act or transactions in question, or
Saw them being done, or
Heard about them from a subject of the investigation..."

There's a lot more to this article, but it seems obvious that Isaac knows something very important.

Perhaps that is why he obtained an attorney?

Did MSM release a picture of the camper? It's the kind that one pulls behind a truck; not a motorhome. I seriously don't think it would have enough compartments in which to hide a body.

Did MSM release a picture of the camper? It's the kind that one pulls behind a truck; not a motorhome. (There are some pictures on FB but we are not allowed to post those.) I seriously don't think it would have enough compartments in which to hide a body.

I think its the one you're referencing. It's fairly small and old. GGF can be seen sitting near it in images i have seen.

Did MSM release a picture of the camper? It's the kind that one pulls behind a truck; not a motorhome. I seriously don't think it would have enough compartments in which to hide a body.

Have you ever owned a camper? I have. And so have several of my friends and family, some of whom have made modifications and/or remodeling. You can't tell what is in a camper from the outside, so even if we have a picture, it won't tell us anything about the interior or whether modifications have been made to it. Hidden compartments CAN be incorporated into them. There have been times when we found small areas that we didn't realize existed when we bought a camper. We've talked about making hidden compartments in our own camper (because it would be kinda cool) and how it wouldn't be difficult to do so.

The underneath of some campers are enclosed to help insulate against very cold weather. This is something that could also be modified especially if a person makes changes or repairs to the holding tanks for water and/or sewage. Which is why I asked about the camper. The older it is, the more likely modifications or remodeling has been done.

Personally, I also seriously doubt the camper was used for such an awful purpose, but then again I've read threads here about people who do terrible, awful things like hiding their deceased children in walls, garages, freezers, etc. So it isn't out of the realm of possibility to consider this angle in regards to the camper. It was there, there's the potential ability to hide a child or evidence of a crime until the perpetrator could conveniently dispose of it.

The parents are suspects. That's all good and every thing. But what bothers me is that the other two are still very much poi. So that leads me to beleive that they don't know what happen or who did what because why not then clear the other two?
And the fact that the other two are still poi makes me beleive that they don't in fact have physical evidence linking the parents 100% to DeOrr's disappearance.

It appears that they have more on the parents than they do GGP or IR. Something substantial enough to name them suspects.

Them being POIs is, I think, because they cannot rule out the possibility that one or both have knowledge of what happened to Deorr or were involved in the disposal of his body, if he is in fact deceased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you ever owned a camper? I have. And so have several of my friends and family, some of whom have made modifications and/or remodeling. You can't tell what is in a camper from the outside, so even if we have a picture, it won't tell us anything about the interior or whether modifications have been made to it. Hidden compartments CAN be incorporated into them. There have been times when we found small areas that we didn't realize existed when we bought a camper. We've talked about making hidden compartments in our own camper (because it would be kinda cool) and how it wouldn't be difficult to do so.

The underneath of some campers are enclosed to help insulate against very cold weather. This is something that could also be modified especially if a person makes changes or repairs to the holding tanks for water and/or sewage. Which is why I asked about the camper. The older it is, the more likely modifications or remodeling has been done.

Personally, I also seriously doubt the camper was used for such an awful purpose, but then again I've read threads here about people who do terrible, awful things like hiding their deceased children in walls, garages, freezers, etc. So it isn't out of the realm of possibility to consider this angle in regards to the camper. It was there, there's the potential ability to hide a child or evidence of a crime until the perpetrator could conveniently dispose of it.

I agree that it's within the realm of possibility. Just about everything is. I'm just not entertaining the thought. No, never owned one (we tent-camped) but have been in quite a few that various friends owned through the years, some with and some without water and sewage hook-ups.

I would love peoples' thoughts about:

IF the parents do, in fact KNOW where DeOrr is, why WOULDN'T they tell LE (especially after all this time)? I wonder if they've shared things with family they haven't shared with LE?

IF the parents do, in fact KNOW where DeOrr is, why WOULDN'T they tell LE (especially after all this time)? I wonder if they've shared things with family they haven't shared with LE?

Because they don't want to be imprisoned for murder. Jmo.

In short, because his death was the result of something they had a part in either intentionally or accidentally. If intentional, it's a no-brainer why they aren't talking. If it was accidental, fear that they'd still be prosecuted because of negligence of some sort. Just my short opinion.

Regarding the 911 calls, I don't remember Kline saying that GGP's call was first.

First he gave the times: 14:22, 14:26, and 14:28.
At another time he said, First was Vernal, second Jessica, Third, GGP.

If his times are correct, then I don't believe that GGP's call could have been last.

We know JM. call was @ 2:28. You can hear Vernal on another line in the background.
So if his times are correct, then Vernal must have called at 2:26, and was still on the line when Jessica called.
Leaving GGP's call being made at 2:22.

Otherwise, perhaps he made a mistake in the times.

I'm glad you asked as I've been thinking about this for some time but haven't really found the right opportunity on WebSleuths to share my thoughts (until now, that is!).

Early on in the case I watched social media sites and read comments from Jessica's and Vernal's family and friends and they were downright RABID in nature. Now, don't get me wrong, a lot of the public comments were out of line, but even simple innuendo such as "I dunno, sounds fishy to me" would receive a barrage of hateful comments from the family and friends. Subtle threats like, "it's a good thing you don't live in my state, otherwise..." This gave me the impression that if, let's say, Jessica and/or Vernal "confessed" anything to family, this family would keep this knowledge to themselves and deal with it in their own manner. The family (Jessica included) has had several run ins with the law and have many money judgements against them (it's all public record), so I don't imagine that they have high regard for law enforcement. My feeling is if the family has knowledge of a crime, hell would freeze over before they would give Jessica and Vernal (two of their very own) over to the authorities. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwen