ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strangely enough, I think IR is going to be the one to shed all the light on this case. He was there, he does not have the mental decline that GGP is said to have and he knows more than we have been told that he knows. One thing he said that made an impression with me was something like 'I don't trust people anymore'. This tells me he knows that what is being said by the parents and what really happened are different. I could be wrong.

I thought he was referring to social media. He also said something about how people can change in an instant, and I assumed he meant the way people were accusing him or murder one moment, and then accusing the parents or ggp the next.

I wonder what the parents are doing now. Their PI has made his findings. What next. I notice they're not out there proclaiming their innocence, or begging for the return of their son.

That was my post up-thread. I live in Idaho and know more than a little about child custody laws in Idaho. Generally speaking all custody is joint custody. For a parent to lose any type of custody or visitation there has to have been something significant happening, proven abuse or neglect. I know from looking at JM's record on the Idaho repository there is no indication of a CPS case. While the details of such a case are always sealed, if one knows what to look for an indication can be found.

There is, however, an indication she has some custody of her other two children, from the repository and pictures on her Facebook page. I believe the info "floating" out there for the last seven months is a rumor based on an assumption because her other two children live with their father.

Link?

I thought he was referring to social media. He also said something about how people can change in an instant, and I assumed he meant the way people were accusing him or murder one moment, and then accusing the parents or ggp the next.

I wonder what the parents are doing now. Their PI has made his findings. What next. I notice they're not out there proclaiming their innocence, or begging for the return of their son.

I thought IR was referring to the parents, and maybe GGP too.

That was my post up-thread. I live in Idaho and know more than a little about child custody laws in Idaho. Generally speaking all custody is joint custody. For a parent to lose any type of custody or visitation there has to have been something significant happening, proven abuse or neglect. I know from looking at JM's record on the Idaho repository there is no indication of a CPS case. While the details of such a case are always sealed, if one knows what to look for an indication can be found.

There is, however, an indication she has some custody of her other two children, from the repository and pictures on her Facebook page. I believe the info "floating" out there for the last seven months is a rumor based on an assumption because her other two children live with their father.

The information was from an involved party, so there is no doubt that person would know exactly the arrangement. But it is not in the form of an MSM link so can't officially be shared here. So it's a moot point! But, beyond that, a custodial parent can use their discretion about how often/how long/under what circumstances the noncustodial parent can see their children. Pictures could be taken at those visits. So pics together wouldn't automatically mean to me that there is shared custody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The information was from an involved party, so there is no doubt that person would know exactly the arrangement. But it is not in the form of an MSM link so can't officially be shared here. So it's a moot point! But, beyond that, a custodial parent can use their discretion about how often/how long/under what circumstances the noncustodial parent can see their children. Pictures could be taken at those visits. So pics together wouldn't automatically mean to me that there is shared custody.

Sometimes visitation can only occur when supervised by another family member... for example, maybe a grandmother, at the grandmother's home.

i wonder how the parents marriage was? you sometimes here of those cases where dad might hurt the boy if the mom threatens to leave, or the mom might hurt the boy if she feels competition with the dad. (which may have resulted in a heat of the moment fight and little deorr was right in the middle and lost his life).

i wonder how the parents marriage was? you sometimes here of those cases where dad might hurt the boy if the mom threatens to leave, or the mom might hurt the boy if she feels competition with the dad. (which may have resulted in a heat of the moment fight and little deorr was right in the middle and lost his life).

They aren't married.

We can make a lot of assumptions about what the custody was/is but Idaho is a joint custody state with one parent having physical custody most often, although I have seen cases where physical custody is shared. The children actually live about 50/50 with each parent. An involved party could be mistaken or uninformed of the legal status.

What we don't know is the arrangement between JM and her ex. I'm saying it does not appear there is any indication of JM being PROVEN to be abusive or neglectful of the two older children and therefore it's highly unlikely a judge in Idaho would deny her some shared/joint custody.

If DeOrr was being abused and if he died as a result of an accident, hiding his body would have been done in order to hide prior abuse. No one would believe it was an accident.

I don't have a link regarding JM's driving convictions. IIRC she has been court driving with no insurance at least once. I believe this shows reckless behavior and/or being above the law that rules were made for other people. Can anyone refresh our memories? TIA

https://www.legislature.idaho.gov/idstat/Title32/T32CH7SECT32-717.htm

TITLE 32
DOMESTIC RELATIONS
CHAPTER 7
DIVORCE ACTIONS
32-717. CUSTODY OF CHILDREN -- BEST INTEREST. (1) In an action for divorce the court may, before and after judgment, give such direction for the custody, care and education of the children of the marriage as may seem necessary or proper in the best interests of the children. The court shall consider all relevant factors which may include:
(a) The wishes of the child's parent or parents as to his or her custody;
(b) The wishes of the child as to his or her custodian;
(c) The interaction and interrelationship of the child with his or her parent or parents, and his or her siblings;
(d) The child's adjustment to his or her home, school, and community;
(e) The character and circumstances of all individuals involved;
(f) The need to promote continuity and stability in the life of the child; and
(g) Domestic violence as defined in section 39-6303, Idaho Code, whether or not in the presence of the child.
(2) If the parent has a disability as defined in this section, the parent shall have the right to provide evidence and information regarding the manner in which the use of adaptive equipment or supportive services will enable the parent to carry out the responsibilities of parenting the child. The court shall advise the parent of such right. Evaluations of parental fitness shall take into account the use of adaptive equipment and supportive services for parents with disabilities and shall be conducted by, or with the assistance of, a person who has expertise concerning such equipment and services. Nothing in this section shall be construed to create any new or additional obligations on state or local governments to purchase or provide adaptive equipment or supportive services for parents with disabilities.
(3) In any case where the child is actually residing with a grandparent in a stable relationship, the court may recognize the grandparent as having the same standing as a parent for evaluating what custody arrangements are in the best interests of the child.
(4) As used in this chapter:
(a) "Adaptive equipment" means any piece of equipment or any item that is used to increase, maintain or improve the parenting capabilities of a parent with a disability.
(b) "Disability" means, with respect to an individual, any mental or physical impairment which substantially limits one (1) or more major life activities of the individual including, but not limited to, self-care, manual tasks, walking, seeing, hearing, speaking, learning or working, or a record of such an impairment, or being regarded as having such an impairment. Disability shall not include transvestism, transsexualism, pedophilia, exhibitionism, voyeurism, other sexual behavior disorders, substance use disorders, compulsive gambling, kleptomania or pyromania. Sexual preference or orientation is not considered an impairment or disability. Whether an impairment substantially limits a major life activity shall be determined without consideration of the effect of corrective or mitigating measures used to reduce the effects of the impairment.
(c) "Supportive services" means services which assist a parent with a disability to compensate for those aspects of their disability which affect their ability to care for their child and which will enable them to discharge their parental responsibilities. The term includes specialized or adapted training, evaluations, or assistance with effective use of adaptive equipment, and accommodations which allow a parent with a disability to benefit from other services, such as braille texts or sign language interpreters.
(5) Nothing in this chapter shall be construed to allow discrimination on the basis of disability. In any case where the disability of a parent is found by the court to be relevant to an award of custody of a child, the court shall make specific findings concerning the disability and what effect, if any, the court finds the disability has on the best interests of the child.
(6) With reference to this section, when an active member of the Idaho national guard has been ordered or called to duty as defined in section 46-409, Idaho Code, or when a member of the military reserve is ordered to active federal service under title 10, United States Code, such military service thereunder shall not be a substantial or material and permanent change in circumstance to modify by reducing the member's previously decreed child custody and visitation privileges.

History:
[(32-717) 1874, p. 639, sec. 7; R.S., sec. 2473; reen. R.C. & C.L., sec. 2663; C.S., sec. 4643; I.C.A., sec. 31-705; am. and redesignated 1980, ch. 378, sec. 3, p. 962; am. 1992, ch. 228, sec. 1, p. 678; am. 1995, ch. 128, sec. 1, p. 561; am. 2002, ch. 232, sec. 1, p. 664; am. 2003, ch. 250, sec. 1, p. 648; am. 2007, ch. 108, sec. 1, p. 313.]

I don't have a link regarding JM's driving convictions. IIRC she has been court driving with no insurance at least once. I believe this shows reckless behavior and/or being above the law that rules were made for other people. Can anyone refresh our memories? TIA

With all due respect it's just not that big of a deal. IMHO I think it's a huge leap from driving without insurance to abuse/murder of a child. I'm not defending JM. If she is responsible for harming DeOrr she must be held accountable but I don't see the correlation between the two.

With all due respect it's just not that big of a deal. IMHO I think it's a huge leap from driving without insurance to abuse/murder of a child. I'm not defending JM. If she is responsible for harming DeOrr she must be held accountable but I don't see the correlation between the two.
I have to agree with this. Obviously it's illegal, and irresponsible but I really don't think it's that serious.

Each individual item or fact can be disputed or given an excuse. it's the totality that can paint a picture. I certainly didn't say Deorr was murdered. If she thinks laws don't apply to her it could be why she is not being forth coming to LE.

My best guess is that since they were at one point living with VDK dad there might not have been room in the house for the 4 (JM, DK, VDK & DKsr) in the home with the other two kids. Since child support is automatically deducted by health and welfare from the paying parents paycheck and deposited into the receiving parents account they may have amended the physical custody agreement to give up custody. Especially if it were to be a long term situation.

https://mychildsupport.idaho.gov/cswebsite/content.action?pageType=changeOrder

That is a pretty reasonable explanation as to why the kids weren't living with her. I am not saying that is what happened, just a possibility based on various experiences I've heard of.
Since we don't have access to the actual records we are just chasing our tails on this.

What's Jessica's middle name? Is she living in Meridian? Sleuthing on PACER. Want to make sure it's the right JM. PM me if you think it's too :scared:. TIA!

(NAWP. WRONG MIDDLE NAME!!! )

Get in an accident with someone without insurance. It's pretty serious.

Yeah, so, she's young, okay . . . just starting out . . okay . . but yeah, when do you grow up? When does the "fiance", dad of your 2+ yo baby, become a husband? When do you start making prudent decisions? How about when you have a kid. Things (should) change.

kammie, I noticed on the Idaho Repository notes of the divorce proceedings for Jessica Lyn Birch (her married name) that all the court's mail to her from April 2012 through August 2012 was Returned Unable to Deliver. I can't imagine any scenario where she wouldn't want to keep the courts informed of her current address. It is, after all, in the best interests of her children for the courts to proceed as seamlessly as possible.

Curious what she was doing those five months April-August 2012.

What's Jessica's middle name? Is she living in Meridian? Sleuthing on PACER. Want to make sure it's the right JM. PM me if you think it's too :scared:. TIA!

Lyn (one N). She could have lived in Meridian at one time, but I'm pretty sure she lives in Idaho Falls right now. We can sleuth suspects, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teqtoshi