ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is of course based upon your ability to suspend reality and blindly believe "selected" bits and pieces from the parents rambling, tortured, changing, account of events. If we are going to cherry pick things to believe as truth in no particular order I go with "bottle of whiskey, took nap until noon, what's done is done, and when is the funeral?".

It is actually kind of fun, we could do a Mad Libs type game where everyone plugs in their own random thing from any of the 4 adults statements. We will be no closer to the truth of course...

probably wont be any further from the truth either.....

Little man is a common moniker for parents to call their young male children. I disagree wholeheartedly that that nickname being used alone indicates some sort of sexualization of children. I find that patently absurd and a great example of the reaching done by many regarding this case. I taught preschool for o over 14 years and heard that phrase countless times. It was never one that raised concerns among me or my fellow teachers. No, children aren't adults. I don't think calling a child little man is in any way indicating they're expected to be or are viewed as such.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

Just as a point of clarification, I believe the "sexualization" comment was in reference to an example of someone who called their daughter "little mama," not calling DeOrr "lil man."

I think calling him "lil man" is kind of strange, but really just because I associate it with my estranged sister-in-law. That's what she almost exclusively calls her now 11 month old. But like others have said, it's the fact that they don't say his name, especially when they were pushing the abduction theory, that really throws me.

In the released 911 call, J estimates that Deorr had, at the time of the 911 call, been missing for about one hour.
In the first TV interview V states the decision to call 911 was made after about 20 minutes of looking for Deorr.
To be fair, they are both just rough estimates which were not timed with stopwatches, however if one treats those estimates as approximately accurate....
that would mean the period from when he was last seen, until he was noticed missing and looking for him began, would be about 40 minutes hypothetically.

In the released 911 call, J estimates that Deorr had, at the time of the 911 call, been missing for about one hour.
In the first TV interview V states the decision to call 911 was made after about 20 minutes of looking for Deorr.
To be fair, they are both just rough estimates which were not timed with stopwatches, however if one treats those estimates as approximately accurate....
that would mean the period from when he was last seen, until he was noticed missing and looking for him began, would be about 40 minutes hypothetically.

If that's the case then it's yet another lie told by V and J... hypothetically

If that's the case then it's yet another lie told by V and J... hypothetically
As you correctly pointed out, there may be good reasons why only one 911 recording has been released.
Listening to the operator in the one released call, as soon as the operator establishes that the nature of the emergency is a missing child, one of the first and necessary questions the operator asks is how long has the child been missing.
If ever the other 2 recordings were to get released that would be the first thing I would look for, whether the "how long" question was asked, and if so, what the answers were, whether they say an hour.

<modsnip>

Yep, we're all just hicks and hayseeds around here! Why, we just barely started using those newfangled phones that dial without an operator! And my radio is powered by potatoes!
I am sorry if I offended you and others by making up a tongue in cheek town name. I should have thought better before putting that live on the board. It wasn't meant as a personal insult to the residence or the area, I was trying (and failing) to be funny when I described the call center in a most likely small town. Nothing else I said in my post was offensive as far as I can tell, I don't think it is a stretch to imagine the emergency services call center for that area is small compared to some other areas. I certainly didn't denigrate the equipment used or imply it isn't modern phone technology. I was giving my semi informed guess as to how the call happened and why you hear audio that isn't directed towards the caller (Jessica). For what it's worth I grew up in a town we used to call Mayberry because it resembled the sleepy town from the Andy Griffith show.

Just as a point of clarification, I believe the "sexualization" comment was in reference to an example of someone who called their daughter "little mama," not calling DeOrr "lil man."

I think calling him "lil man" is kind of strange, but really just because I associate it with my estranged sister-in-law. That's what she almost exclusively calls her now 11 month old. But like others have said, it's the fact that they don't say his name, especially when they were pushing the abduction theory, that really throws me.
Just to weigh in on the nickname thing, as some others have stated I don't think in it's own right it's a big thing. In Spanish it is super common for parents to call their daughters mamita and their sons papito, now those are actual words in Spanish but they basically mean little mom and dad. So calling Deorr little man on it's own seems like an acceptable nickname as far as those go. I personally don't see sexual connotations to those style nickname but opinions vary obviously. They could call him sugar booger in private for all it matters but reporting him missing and giving interviews without anyone saying his name is where my problem with the situation starts. It totally seems like distancing language and is just one more strike against the parents and certain family members.

I am sorry if I offended you and others by making up a tongue in cheek town name. I should have thought better before putting that live on the board. It wasn't meant as a personal insult to the residence or the area, I was trying (and failing) to be funny when I described the call center in a most likely small town. Nothing else I said in my post was offensive as far as I can tell, I don't think it is a stretch to imagine the emergency services call center for that area is small compared to some other areas. I certainly didn't denigrate the equipment used or imply it isn't modern phone technology. I was giving my semi informed guess as to how the call happened and why you hear audio that isn't directed towards the caller (Jessica). For what it's worth I grew up in a town we used to call Mayberry because it resembled the sleepy town from the Andy Griffith show.
The 911 dispatch center which dealt with the calls is in Salmon. The center would be small because county population is only about 8000. However its telecomms equipment was updated to modern state-of-the-art in 2013.

Apparition in your call-center did you ever hear faint electronic crosstalk between two phone lines?

I have a nickname for my son that we started calling him very early on and that he still gets called now at age 6. It's "bean". I absolutely would and do say "bean come eat" or "I love you beanie." Bean/Beanie is so ingrained in his mind as part of his identity.

However, outside our immediate and extended family, I *mostly* do not refer to him as bean/beanie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 6 year old has been "Bug" since he was an infant cuz I used to call him my little bed bug cuz he would only ever sleep in my bed. Somewhere around 2 or 3, "Little Dude" was added by my hubby. Although we do call him these names regularly, if he was missing, everyone in the nation would know his legal first, middle, and last names!!!!

I have a friend who once called her little son who was 3 yrs old - "little man". It was because he had a tiny tux on as he was the ring bearer
for a wedding and he did look like a "little man" . She never called him that since because he is not in the habit of wearing tuxedos around the house.

http://www.911dispatcheredu.org/idaho/

How to Become a 911 Dispatcher in Idaho

911 Certification and Education
911 operator training in Idaho is an important part of a solid foundation for a successful career. Appropriate education before a job interview can give candidates a competitive advantage, and will otherwise be provided if they are selected for hire. All fully trained emergency operators must be certified by the state in a process that is handled by each individual emergency communications agency, and includes 911 dispatcher training such as:

Emergency Medical Dispatching including CPR and childbirth
School Violence Incidents
Legal liability and ethics
Incident Command System (ICS)
National Incident Management System (NIMS)
Child Abductions
Basic Dispatch Academy
Emergency Management
Computer Aided Dispatch
GPS Mapping
State and National Teletype Computer System

Learning more about how to become a 911 dispatcher in Idaho may prompt candidates to pursue an associate or bachelor degree.

It may be a tiny town but it had a technologically advanced 911 Dispatch Center.
The entire call-handing system at the 911 Dispatch Center in Salmon had been replaced with modern state-of-the-art equipment in 2013.
http://psc.apcointl.org/2013/04/23/lemhi-idaho-gets-new-dispatch-system/
Great I'm so glad to hear that they can handle their emergency calls efficiently and "modernly'. How we got to this point, who knows? I guess since the call center is so modern and bad hiney they don't want to release Vernal's (probably epic) stutter filled call or, GGP's send the meat wagon call. I will sleep better tonight knowing that these calls are being held in reserve for the eventual court date.

To Deorrs "parents", but only in a biological sense.. There's a $60,000 reward for missing ten year old Kayla Gomez, missing since Tuesday night. Why didn't you want a reward for your missing baby Deorr, J and V?! Oh nevermind, you can in no way truthfully answer that.

To Deorrs "parents", but only in a biological sense.. There's a $60,000 reward for missing ten year old Kayla Gomez, missing since Tuesday night. Why didn't you want a reward for your missing baby Deorr, J and V?! Oh nevermind, you can in no way truthfully answer that.
[emoji736] [emoji817]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

They did just find little Kayla's remains though. And have heard they have the sorry *advertiser censored* perp in custody. Can't stop crying. :tears:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member