ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite irrelevant probably, but c/p-ing that bit (below) put me back in their 'alleged' situation again, and I noticed how odd what VK said.

He was already in his truck hauling down the road when J got through to 911 ? He 'hauled down' 'cos he didn't think he'd get reception ? WHY didn't he even try to get through to 911 himself ?? Desperate situation toddler missing/disappeared - surely without thinking you'd do 911 immediately, then discover your signal wasn't strong enough and begin walking/running to "where I knew I could get a little service"? IDK, again none of this makes sense but thought I'd mention it anyway.

July 13, 2015
Direct Quote from VDK

VDK:
It was 2:36 when she called and I was in the truck hauling down to the road trying to get service because I didn't think one bar would get it. So she got very very lucky. I was blessed that she was able to get service because I didn't think…I didn't want to try and risk getting half way through my…talking to 911 and have it cut off. So I went down to where I knew I could get a little service, about a half mile down the road.

It doesn't make a sense but it shows to us and LE how "important" it was to call 911 "immediately" and how to NOT waste one single second. Now please :applause: for him, the great loving dad!

The absolutely first statement of how long the child had been missing when 911 was called, is actually right there in the released 911 call audio recording.
Operator: "how long has he been missing?"
J: "about an hour"
Operator: "an hour?"
J: "yes"

I wish the recording of V's 911 call would be released, it would be so useful to hear the actual words, and little things like for example whether or not there is a diesel engine in the background.
I agree with Katie Liz, there is a good reason it has not been released.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Does anyone find it interesting the parents rarely ever called Deorr, Deorr but always said the child, little man, him, he, etc. I just always found that odd not sure if was addressed or not just rereading all the links and stuff a lot of it is very impersonal. Maybe that is just me...IDK.

Does anyone find it interesting the parents rarely ever called Deorr, Deorr but always said the child, little man, him, he, etc. I just always found that odd not sure if was addressed or not just rereading all the links and stuff a lot of it is very impersonal. Maybe that is just me...IDK.

Yes you're right on track. We have discussed here many times how unsettling that is. Sure, people have nicknames for their children.... but not EVERY time they mention them. It's always "Lil Man" or "our son" or "that boy". Never just Deorr. It's unsettling to me and I have seen many other express the same sentiments here. So, good observation. It is very interesting.

Yes you're right on track. We have discussed here many times how unsettling that is. Sure, people have nicknames for their children.... but not EVERY time they mention them. It's always "Lil Man" or "our son" or "that boy". Never just Deorr. It's unsettling to me and I have seen many other express the same sentiments here. So, good observation. It is very interesting.

To me it always felt like they were trying to turn him into a character.

Sorry for the rehash. But yeah that has always stood out to me. I think TBC in one place said "the child" gave me the chills. As a mom of three boys we always have nicknames for them but when we describe them to others or are talking about them I do not say their nicknames. My Dad will still call me by his nickname for me but when he talks to others he says a shortened version of my name or my full first name husband as well.

In fact Maggie Mayz is and was my moms nickname for me.

We had nicknames for our kids but our son's nickname of Hawk actually stuck and he goes by that name to this day instead of his legal name which is also his father's name. Our daughters nicknames were more "cutesy" and used primarily when they were small and those nicknames didn't follow them into adulthood except for our private use when we look at them and see our precious baby girls instead of our now 30+ year old grown women. If any of our girls had disappeared at Deorr's age their legal names would have been used but our son's nickname would be front and center as that would be the name he knew as "his" name. But to me the use of "lil man", "that child", "that boy" is generic, depersonalizing and distancing and strips Deorr of his personal identity and wiping out his existence as an individual. IMOO.

Well, normally, in my part of the world, it's either their name, as in "Deorr", or the alternative would be "honey" or "baby" or "my son" or "our boy" at that age. I personally think the whole "little man" thing is a disgrace, at that age. Why? Because HE'S NOT A MAN !!! He's a 2 1/2 y/o toddler. A "baby" , IMO. That type of stereotype linguistics by an adult is denying that a child is a child. It's called "role reversal". Just google it. Believe me, I know , I was a victim of that myself. I was treated like I was supposed to parent my parents. And NO child should be considered a little man or a little woman when they are NOT. They are children! . It's disgusting, and perverted. JMO I probably need to sign off because this is a real sore point with me.

ETA: Not taking it out on you , Katie.

I don't happen to like it, but apparently the "Little Man" nickname is pretty common and considered acceptable and cute by many parents. I just went googling and found a message board discussing this very subject, started by someone who doesn't like it. She was outnumbered by those who think "Little Man" is just fine. Who knew?! So although most of us find it off-putting, I don't think it was necessarily meant to be distancing, but rather just using a common nickname. Perhaps they thought using a term of endearment showed the public and LE how lovingly they felt about him? Ugh!

Whatever their reason, it hits me wrong and I still think that it was very strange to NEVER use DeOrr's given name when speaking of him to the news media or on SM and ONLY refer to him as "Little Man, "that boy" and "our son." I mean, if he had grown up what would they have called him?
JMO

Sorry for the rehash. But yeah that has always stood out to me. I think TBC in one place said "the child" gave me the chills. As a mom of three boys we always have nicknames for them but when we describe them to others or are talking about them I do not say their nicknames. My Dad will still call me by his nickname for me but when he talks to others he says a shortened version of my name or my full first name husband as well.

In this case I find it's always good to rehash things. The stories are very convoluted from the parents, and we are on thread 29, so it definitly doesn't hurt to bring these things up ;)

And yes I've notices TBC rarely refers to him by name as well. I don't much like it.

Well, normally, in my part of the world, it's either their name, as in "Deorr", or the alternative would be "honey" or "baby" or "my son" or "our boy" at that age. I personally think the whole "little man" thing is a disgrace, at that age. Why? Because HE'S NOT A MAN !!! He's a 2 1/2 y/o toddler. A "baby" , IMO. That type of stereotype linguistics by an adult is denying that a child is a child. It's called "role reversal". Just google it. Believe me, I know , I was a victim of that myself. I was treated like I was supposed to parent my parents. And NO child should be considered a little man or a little woman when they are NOT. They are children! . It's disgusting, and perverted. JMO I probably need to sign off because this is a real sore point with me.

ETA: Not taking it out on you , Katie.
Oh gosh Neesaki, I am so sorry did not know my query or observation would hit a nerve. I apologize. Eek. But what you said is a pov i can agree with and see.

I don't happen to like it, but apparently the "Little Man" nickname is pretty common and considered acceptable and cute by many parents. I just went googling and found a message board discussing this very subject, started by someone who doesn't like it. She was outnumbered by those who think "Little Man" is just fine. Who knew?! So although most of us find it off-putting, I don't think it was necessarily meant to be distancing, but rather just using a common nickname. Perhaps they thought using a term of endearment showed the public and LE how lovingly they felt about him? Ugh!

Whatever their reason, it hits me wrong and I still think that it was very strange to NEVER use DeOrr's given name when speaking of him to the news media or on SM and ONLY refer to him as "Little Man, "that boy" and "our son." I mean, if he had grown up what would they have called him?
JMO
Wow feel bad for whomever got jumped on thats awful.

Wow feel bad for whomever got jumped on thats awful.

Actually, it was a surprisingly civilized discussion, like it is here, but she was definitely outnumbered. I think a couple of people agreed with her. I was so surprised at how common the nickname "Little Man" is. I had never heard it before this case. But I certainly didn't get the impression that these parents used nicknames to the exclusion of their child's given name like we've seen here. One parent said that their son actually kept his nickname "Hawk" as an adult, in place of his real name. I thought that was neat. But most nicknames don't make the transition that well. And certainly not "Little Man."

Actually, it was a surprisingly civilized discussion, like it is here, but she was definitely outnumbered. I think a couple of people agreed with her. I was so surprised at how common the nickname "Little Man" is. I had never heard it before this case. But I certainly didn't get the impression that these parents used nicknames to the exclusion of their child's given name like we've seen here. One parent said that their son actually kept his nickname "Hawk" as an adult, in place of his real name. I thought that was neat. But most nicknames don't make the transition that well. And certainly not "Little Man."

My niece's in-laws call her daughter ' Lil Mama.' She is not a lil mama, she is only 2 yrs old. And it does kind of bother me to hear them ALWAYS referring to her as a little mama. Like that is what she has to be as she grows up? A mother...? It seems rather limiting and dismissive, but I know they do not intend to mean it in that way.
But ti kind of has a sexual component to it, like sexualizing her way too early.

I always got the impression they were all usually called DeOrr (grandfather, father & son) and so it would make sense to call him something else. Vernal is certainly known as DeOrr by the family, he is only Vernal to us and in a more official capacity. It is strange that they never use his name, but maybe in reality they never really called him it to avoid confusion. Maybe.

I don't know how to do it, but out of curiosity can someone look up how many DeOrrs there are in the US? I've only ever heard it in relation to this family.

EDIT - 5 Deorrs in the US apparently, 4 in Utah and 1 in Cali. And I bet they're all in this family.
http://names.whitepages.com/first/Deorr

I would like to see a list of things of what criminal "event" may have happened which caused the necessity for disappearing/murdering of little Deorr. Because the last infos were that Deorr wasn't at the campground at all this "event" must have happened at another area (at home perhaps, at a home of some other, at another campground, etc.).

What do you think maybe possible to have happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717