ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found that interview interesting - especially how the reporter specifically mentions that LE is saying nothing about the family friend - They're not saying he is a suspect but they're also not saying he is not suspected of any involvement (like they are doing with the great grandfather and the parents). They have also become more tight lipped about the whole investigation. I think that's important to note.
You know, the problem that I have heard is that the reporter is saying that this is what detectives said. We are not actually hearing it from the detectives. Having been misquoted myself many times, I don't trust it to be true unless it comes straight from the proverbial horse.

AFAIK there is no other video than the one you saw. But I remember in a recent article one investigator said the creek moves very fast. Sorry I have no link, can't remember where it was said.

ETA: I googled but can't find an investigator saying this. Just reporters describing the creek as fast-moving.

BBM
Here you go:

SHERIFF REPORTS TO COMMISSIONERS 7-13-15 LMS

Commissioner Chairman Rick Snyder described the area where the family was camped as being at the lake’s outlet which is very steep with very fast moving water flowing through brush and trees and limbs, all of which were pulled apart by searchers. Bowerman said people in wet suits were in the creek searching every hole.
http://lemhiweb.com/content/search-recap

JMO
This case is so sad because so much time has gone by already that almost all the getting lost or predator options wont end well now.

I keep trying to keep my hopes up on an option where he could still be alive. The only last option that I can think of where the boy can still be alive is very sadly some sort of abduction scenerio.

Of the different types of abduction scenerios there is one particular type where it would be a much better situation than another type.

The type where someone abducts the boy thinking they are going to give him a better life or something along those lines. As tragic as any form of abduction is that would be my hope because at least it would mean an alive boy and he would be with someone trying to take care of him.

Its pretty sad that I have to resign myself to hoping an abduction took place. Ugggggg :(

Just checking around for anything new and I found this interview. Probably been posted earlier but it's worth a second look.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/0...on-deorr-kunz-this-will-come-to-a-resolution/

This is the first time I've seen this video. Very interesting.

Please note to all - there is one new category this investigator has added -

-"He was never at campsite"

and since it's been two weeks, he thinks the wild animal abduction can be dropped because something would have been found. (Paraphrasing this comment).

Hmmm, on this new category, we had only mentioned it lightly.

good point. I forgot about the high altitude.

The retired investigator quoted in the interview in the recent link estimated at the reservoir's current temp, a body would take about 3 weeks to surface, IIRC.

This is the first time I've seen this video. Very interesting.

Please note to all - there is one new category this investigator has added -

-"He was never at campsite"

and since it's been two weeks, he thinks the wild animal abduction can be dropped because something would have been found. (Paraphrasing this comment).

Hmmm, on this new category, we had only mentioned it lightly.
It is important to note that this is a retired investigator for fish and game speaking, not anyone on the case.

It is important to note that this is a retired investigator for fish and game speaking, not anyone on the case.

True, but he has investigated several missing persons cases before, which makes him somewhat of an expert on this issue, IMO.

I finally remembered what has been bugging me...why do the parents say DJ has "bushy" hair. In every pic I've ever seen, I haven't seen one where I would think, "Hey, that kid has really bushy hair."

I finally remembered what has been bugging me...why do the parents say DJ has "bushy" hair. In every pic I've ever seen, I haven't seen one where I would think, "Hey, that kid has really bushy hair."

I wonder if they emphasize it because it is something that doesn't translate well into photos?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still astonished that ggf's friend has not been identified by a leak! People in the home town must know who he is. Why is it all hush hush?

Parents are solid, grandfather has never been a suspect, but not one mention of this friend by LE other than acknowledgement that he was on trip. Most well kept secret we've seen in a case in a long time. JMO.

In one of the articles (can't remember which now)... it said that the SAR dogs circled the camp and kept returning back to the camp instead of venturing out into the wilderness. I find this interesting because the latest article the Idaho Fish and Game Investigator Tony Latham made the remark, "Latham said some theories investigators may be considering include 1.) Deorr walking away on his own, 2.) the possibility of him being abducted, 3.) the idea that he was never at the campsite in the first place or 4.) that a wild animal was involved in his disappearance." In my opinion: 1.) If he walked away the dogs would have caught the trail. 2.) If he were abducted there would not be a trail. 3.) If he were never there to begin with the dogs would return to the camp due to the belongings and scent from the parents car. 4.) If there was a wild animal attack there would be some blood or something and the dogs would have caught the trail. What is your opinion?

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/0...on-deorr-kunz-this-will-come-to-a-resolution/

My opinion...... is someone there, that was camping there is involved... I believe the baby was there... but not for long.. I believe its all been set up, and played out. I believe that's why certain people that were involved in that trip nothing much is being said about them... so many asking about that person but nothing being released.... think about it.... this is only my opinion, my gut feelings from thing i have already heard. Im not sure if i am aloud to put what i think about it on here, but i do know the other 2 involved need polygraphed too.....

I wonder if they emphasize it because it is something that doesn't translate well into photos?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The pics I've seen in media are pretty clear...they even changed his hair color to red on moms FB and that seems smooth as silk also. Don't they have a recent pic of this "bushy" hair? How long is it? Is it super thick and sticking out or curly or what?

BBM
Here you go:

SHERIFF REPORTS TO COMMISSIONERS 7-13-15 LMS

Commissioner Chairman Rick Snyder described the area where the family was camped as being at the lake’s outlet which is very steep with very fast moving water flowing through brush and trees and limbs, all of which were pulled apart by searchers. Bowerman said people in wet suits were in the creek searching every hole.
http://lemhiweb.com/content/search-recap

THANK YOU!

I knew I had seen this from an official source. Just couldn't find it again just now.

Still astonished that ggf's friend has not been identified by a leak! People in the home town must know who he is. Why is it all hush hush?

Parents are solid, grandfather has never been a suspect, but not one mention of this friend by LE other than acknowledgement that he was on trip. Most well kept secret we've seen in a case in a long time. JMO.

If I knew how to BBM on my phone/Tapatalk your last sentence (besides the JMO), I would! Agreed. I am surprised also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Yes, he is retired, however, that doesn't mean he is old with dementia, and has no thoughts on this case.

With his experience and life work, he may offer a new set of eyes into what happened. At this point, I feel sure the main people working this case would welcome new insights that may help find Deorr.

The pics I've seen in media are pretty clear...they even changed his hair color to red on moms FB and that seems smooth as silk also. Don't they have a recent pic of this "bushy" hair? How long is it? Is it super thick and sticking out or curly or what?

All good questions I don't know the answers to. I was just thinking about what reasons could explain the possible emphasis.

Yes, he is retired, however, that doesn't mean he is old with dementia, and has no thoughts on this case.

With his experience and life work, he may offer a new set of eyes into what happened. At this point, I feel sure the main people working this case would welcome new insights that may help find Deorr.
Sorry, I think I worded it in a way that people are misreading. I simply wanted to make sure people knew that he is not on the case and does not therefore have inside information to lead to anything he is saying.

Not a local quirk IME.
I'm wondering if she mirrored the wording of the question?

Eta: or what La louve said.

That's actually what grabbed my attention - she didn't mirror the question. The 911 operator asked "What is he wearing" and the mom responded "He was wearing..." I'm sure it's nothing, but I'm from the east coast, so I wondered if it was particular to the area where they live.

That's actually what grabbed my attention - she didn't mirror the question. The 911 operator asked "What is he wearing" and the mom responded "He was wearing..." I'm sure it's nothing, but I'm from the east coast, so I wondered if it was particular to the area where they live.
This is very common. The answer is almost always answered that way. In fact I can't recall any intake/interview I have done off the top of my head where that wasn't the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics