Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
*snipped by me*
GGP, as far as I have read, has never made any public statement at all. GGP's daughter (who would be little Deorr's maternal grandma) made that statement and she was not at the campsite when Deorr went missing. She didn't even say "he said he turned his head..." Here is what she said, "“My dad was standing their watching him and he turned his head and then (Deorr) was gone,” Clegg said. “It appears like he just vanished.”
Again, the grandma who made this statement was not at the campsite when little Deorr went missing. She did not go on the caming trip. I would actually love to hear a direct quote from GGP.

http://pix11.com/2015/07/13/grandmother-of-missing-2-year-old-he-just-vanished/

Yeah, you are RIGHT! Said by somebody not even there.....I am SO SO worried about this little guy.

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/loca...earch-hits-two-weeks-still-no-trace/30624055/

Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman says the department has not ruled out foul play.

Sheriff Bowerman also says during their search they found a woman scattering the ashes of a relative in the reservoir which he says that may have thrown off the search dogs.

This week, Twin Falls County brought a drone up to take pictures of the area. Sheriff Bowerman says that's to cover all of their bases in case this does turn into a criminal investigation, even though right now that is not the case.

In one of the articles (can't remember which now)... it said that the SAR dogs circled the camp and kept returning back to the camp instead of venturing out into the wilderness. I find this interesting because the latest article the Idaho Fish and Game Investigator Tony Latham made the remark, "Latham said some theories investigators may be considering include 1.) Deorr walking away on his own, 2.) the possibility of him being abducted, 3.) the idea that he was never at the campsite in the first place or 4.) that a wild animal was involved in his disappearance." In my opinion: 1.) If he walked away the dogs would have caught the trail. 2.) If he were abducted there would not be a trail. 3.) If he were never there to begin with the dogs would return to the camp due to the belongings and scent from the parents car. 4.) If there was a wild animal attack there would be some blood or something and the dogs would have caught the trail. What is your opinion?

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/0...on-deorr-kunz-this-will-come-to-a-resolution/

IMO, if he was abducted, there would be a trail.Tracking dogs can follow the scent of a missing person who is in a car, down the road.

IMO, if he was abducted, there would be a trail.Tracking dogs can follow the scent of a missing person who is in a car, down the road.

Hi Gitana :) Can you please answer this? Thanks in advance.

From a legal standpoint and perhaps one of the lawyers here can answer: Can LE take the cadaver dogs and let them check the black truck? Or they need a special permission?

just trying to catch up and i didn't see this article. granted i'm an entire thread behind...

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/0...on-deorr-kunz-this-will-come-to-a-resolution/

“Lemhi County has done close to 300 searches. If it had been a wild animal attack they would have at least found a boot,” Latham said. “I think, by now, the theory should be discounted.”

Detectives tell EastIdahoNews.com Deorr’s parents have been cooperative and Deorr’s great-grandfather, who was at the campsite, has never been a suspect.

Investigators aren’t saying anything about the family friend who was also camping.

<modsnip>

There are no reports of any criminal history for either parent.

Idaho has an excellent free online repository. You can find traffic violations as well as criminal histories or, in this case, lack thereof.

<modsnip>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In terms of dogs and car trails, that is something you have to train on in my opinion. Sure you might get lucky, but if they haven't trained on it they may not pick it up because the scent is coming off in a very different manner and much less of it.

There are no reports of any criminal history for either parent.

Idaho has an excellent free online repository. You can find traffic violations as well as criminal histories or, in this case, lack thereof.

<modsnip>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But, to be fair, someone could be a drug abuser, even a drug addict, or have been at some time in the past, and not have a criminal history, simply because they were never caught or charged. Many people fit this description. So a lack of criminal history only means so much.

Regarding no scent, every dog is different, they may carry out and keep coming back. I have known dogs who shook off when they had nothing, some that barked, some that just kept doing circles. It is the handler's job to know his dog and be able to read what the dog is saying through its body language. Unless you actually find the subject everything fails on the handler being able to read the dog. Hence why they should only be a tool, not an end all.

But, to be fair, someone could be a drug abuser, even a drug addict, or have been at some time in the past, and not have a criminal history, simply because they were never caught or charged. Many people fit this description. So a lack of criminal history only means so much.

I get that. This was my nice way of saying I'm feeling frustrated by the ongoing allusions to the parents.

Yes we're allowed to speculate, but we've been asked by the mods and law enforcement to back off this family, and I'd like to respect that.

There are a lot of "possible" situations, but until we have some actual information, I'll give these poor people the benefit of the doubt.

I hope this precious boy is found soon. I can't imagine what he has endured and it brings me to tears. :(

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hi Gitana :) Can you please answer this? Thanks in advance.

They need permission from the owner. They would probably also get search warrant as well, even if they got permission. Since the parents have reportedly cooperated fully, I'm sure they had the permission they needed.

I think I was given a time out for referring to a hypothetical parent involvement. It is hard to not speculate as frustration with lack of information rises. I will no longer speculate in my posts. Please continue to update. I am heartbroken for this baby.

I find myself at a juncture here. Deciding as to which scenario for Deorr that brings him the least suffering and me the most peace. My least favorite thought is:
Abduction. Some selfish prick
person hurting this baby for some sick gratification.
Animal predation. Horrible beyond words, though hopefully mercifully quick to lose consciousness
Fall in creek headfirst, maybe knocked out. Pretty fast, not too much suffering.
Lost in woods. Scary, panic, fear, loneliness. Darkness. Cold
Horrible. Accidental death while playing, quick, surrounded by parent's then cover up. This last scenerio is best I can hope for. If I lived near I would volunteer my time for this baby. He's there, all alone.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Are there any more pics of video of the creek? The one video I saw of it around the time of the search, it didn't look particularly large or fast moving. There was also a lot of boulders and downed trees. Would love to see some more footage though.

Just checking around for anything new and I found this interview. Probably been posted earlier but it's worth a second look.

I found that interview interesting - especially how the reporter specifically mentions that LE is saying nothing about the family friend - They're not saying he is a suspect but they're also not saying he is not suspected of any involvement (like they are doing with the great grandfather and the parents). They have also become more tight lipped about the whole investigation. I think that's important to note.

Everyone seems to be chasing their tail with this one. A lot of social media following this case, with no answers. I have gone back and forth with this being a drowning of his own accord or an accidental death - maybe he got into drugs or something. Hope they find him soon.

Are there any more pics of video of the creek? The one video I saw of it around the time of the search, it didn't look particularly large or fast moving. There was also a lot of boulders and downed trees. Would love to see some more footage though.

AFAIK there is no other video than the one you saw. But I remember in a recent article one investigator said the creek moves very fast. Sorry I have no link, can't remember where it was said.

ETA: I googled but can't find an investigator saying this. Just reporters describing the creek as fast-moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
in2itive