Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm

That has never been said by LE. A retired Fish and Game official (can't remember his name nor rank, will go and look) threw this phrase in with other possible lines of inquiry. He has no insider knowledge of the case, he is not LE, he is not active in this case, he was merely sharing his thoughts, based in his past experience.

Please correct me if I'm wrong by providing a link to your statement.

I was mistaken, remembered wrongly...but how do you know that he has no insider information? Why couldn't he know someone who is working on this case? Even if it's not written, I think it's still a possibiltity.

For a missing person case, and a child at that, this has all the symptoms of a media blackout!

I'll check in on this thread daily in the hope that little DeOrr is found (preferably found miraculously safe) but there's not much point in remaining involved as I'll only earn myself a time-out :tos:

Hats off to those who manage to stay posting on this thread - maybe I'll watch and learn how you do it :grouphug:
You can do it by lots of hand sitting, tongue biting, and making such strange noises while reading thread that your dog comes over to inspect you to make sure your ok.

Punching pizza dough, and beating my cutlets with a tenderizer also does wonders [emoji6]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

For a missing person case, and a child at that, this has all the symptoms of a media blackout!

I'll check in on this thread daily in the hope that little DeOrr is found (preferably found miraculously safe) but there's not much point in remaining involved as I'll only earn myself a time-out :tos:

Hats off to those who manage to stay posting on this thread - maybe I'll watch and learn how you do it :grouphug:

What makes you think there's a media blackout? It seems to be covered regularly in the local news. If LE thinks that Deorr died accidentally in the campground (drowning, exposure, etc), it makes sense that they wouldn't be all over the media.

I don't think all kids would freak out, some kids are more out going than others.

They could have told lil Deorr that they were taking him to daddy, they could have gave him candy to keep him busy, it could have been someone little Deorr was familiar with.

We know that mom and dad were not on the camp site when Deorr went missing, we know GGP was on the site, but we don't know where the friend of GGP was.

Do you have to register at this camp ground?

I've never read anywhere that the gates in and out of the campground were closed and any vehicle in or out was searched,

Heck no there was no guards or anything. After all that lady came in and deposited her husband's cremains while 300 were searching for DeOrr.

That's just it. We don't know anything. I wondered the same thing. I also wondered if they had ever camped at that location before. Were they familiar with the area? We just don't have those details, as far as I know. There had to be a certain amount of planning to have GGP and friend along though.

One of the newspaper articles said this camping place was GGP's favorite spot so I am thinking it must be well known to everybody in the family and friends. Note; It was grandma's interview. She told it.

With that said anybody could have followed them up there to spend the evening, night or weekend. I am sure it was no secret they were taking great grandpa camping and anybody may have joined them for a family get together.

I don't have the newspaper link so I will say rumor or MOO and please remove it if that's the process. TIA

I was mistaken, remembered wrongly...but how do you know that he has no insider information? Why couldn't he know someone who is working on this case? Even if it's not written, I think it's still a possibiltity.

You're right, this is an assumption of mine. Yes it is possible he has insider information, but if he does he didn't share it. What he said in that interview is all phrased as his opinion, so unfortunately nothing for us to lean on.

I think LE is investigating ALL possibilities at this point (imo) and as the sheriff stated before, they are not ruling out ANY possible scenario including abduction, animal attack and foul play.

You bite your tongue, sit on your hands, twist your words so badly no one knows whether they're reading something interesting or eating a pretzel.:moo:

Well said, Purplepixii. I agree with you on the media black-out.

Bottom line is, LE doesn't have to tell us anything if they choose not to. Everything else is just speculation, right? So I guess there's not much we can talk about here. :/

In the interview, at the end, mom pleads for whoever may have taken him, to drop him off at a store or somewhere he can be found.

Has this ever happened? Where a child has been abducted and dropped off later, at a store or somewhere similar, to be found?

What makes you think there's a media blackout? It seems to be covered regularly in the local news. If LE thinks that Deorr died accidentally in the campground (drowning, exposure, etc), it makes sense that they wouldn't be all over the media.

Why does that make sense? Accidental deaths seem to be fairly regularly discussed in the media, especially in cases that have been publicized like this one.

This is not a media "black out", IMO. This happens in hundreds and hundreds of cases. Some missing person's get ZERO media coverage aside from a little blurb on day 1 or 2.

Unfortunately, the media want something juicy that sells papers/clicks. That's their business and they know what is big news and what isn't.

I could name a ton of cases, here on WS, where the media coverage stopped pretty early on because there really wasn't anything new or "juicy" for them to report.

The 'uglier' the case players are, the more drama involved, the more the media cares. Sad, but oh so true.

In the interview, at the end, mom pleads for whoever may have taken him, to drop him off at a store or somewhere he can be found.

Has this ever happened? Where a child has been abducted and dropped off later, at a store or somewhere similar, to be found?

This has happened quite often in stolen car cases, when carjackers or car thieves realize there is a child in the stolen car. But not sure this has been the case too often with intentionally abducted children.

Where does everyone go from here ? Parents , loved ones etc ? Is DeOrr assumed deceased at this point ? I hate writing that but logically he wouldn't survive under any of the circumstances we are considering . What happens next ?

Why does that make sense? Accidental deaths seem to be fairly regularly discussed in the media, especially in cases that have been publicized like this one.

If LE believes Deorr died accidentally, they do not need the public's help. IMO, LE is only giving updates here and there to the media b/c they are interested in the case. This is not a case like Hannah Graham where LE is having press conferences seeking the public's assistance.

I know most think a wild animal attack is the unlikely cause for the disappearance especially since nothing was seen, we know if no blood, torn clothes or tracks, but I'm still considering that Deorr wandered off a bit, got lost, was attacked and carried a distance by a predator. In that vein I am going to post some videos that show predators at or near campsites, some attacking. Some just hanging out.

Here's one:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gN7btiL2CLs

I don't think all kids would freak out, some kids are more out going than others.

They could have told lil Deorr that they were taking him to daddy, they could have gave him candy to keep him busy, it could have been someone little Deorr was familiar with.

We know that mom and dad were not on the camp site when Deorr went missing, we know GGP was on the site, but we don't know where the friend of GGP was.

Do you have to register at this camp ground?

I've never read anywhere that the gates in and out of the campground were closed and any vehicle in or out was searched,

Hi All....

Apologies if this has already been answered, but does anyone know roughly how many feet from the campsite (like the firepit) to the closest creek edge??

Like if our little guy walked himself....what was the distance?

Thanks....

Two-year-old Deorr Kunz's family camped 36.5 metres from a fast-moving creek at Idaho Falls.

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...nz-jr-on-july-10/story-fnh81jut-1227452566998

I had to google this one. Conversion Table (meter to feet)
1 meter = 3 feet 10 meter = 33 feet
2 meter = 7 feet 11 meter = 36 feet
3 meter = 10 feet 12 meter = 40 feet
4 meter = 13 feet 13 meter = 43 feet
5 meter = 16 feet 14 meter = 46 feet
6 meter = 20 feet 15 meter = 50 feet
7 meter = 23 feet 16 meter = 53 feet
8 meter = 26 feet 17 meter = 56 feet
9 meter = 30 feet 18 meter = 59 feet

Their campsite was VERY close to the drop off into the creek! Remember too from the campsite to the incline and down to the water. I am sure the incline was included in the measurement so I am guessing it was about 75 FT from where they camped to the top of the incline. Remember too DeOrr Sr said the creek was loud so that makes me think very close.

I will come back to check on this little guy, but I must agree with what others here have said, if I can't speculate, what's the point.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bottom line is, LE doesn't have to tell us anything if they choose not to. Everything else is just speculation, right? So I guess there's not much we can talk about here. :/

I have no stats to back this up, just observations from several years on WS. I've found many of the cases here that we kept "close to the vest" go cold, sometimes for years, sometimes forever. On the other hand, I've seen cases where they let it all hang out that were solved rather quickly. Others may disagree and that's okay because this is only my observation, experience, and opinion.

This is not a media "black out", IMO. This happens in hundreds and hundreds of cases. Some missing person's get ZERO media coverage aside from a little blurb on day 1 or 2.

Unfortunately, the media want something juicy that sells papers/clicks. That's their business and they know what is big news and what isn't.

I could name a ton of cases, here on WS, where the media coverage stopped pretty early on because there really wasn't anything new or "juicy" for them to report.

The 'uglier' the case players are, the more drama involved, the more the media cares. Sad, but oh so true.

I agree. I am not sure how much more coverage the media can give the story. Are they suppose to start investigating/accusing the parents, the great-grandpa and/or his friend? Are they suppose to act like this is definitely a stranger abduction case? If LE is not giving them new information, what can they say? How can there be a media blackout when the local news is still covering the case on a regular basis, and the national media has covered it a few times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc