ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the father said he thought Deorr would be fine with his ggp by the campfire. I assumed that meant little Deorr was not in the truck by the campfire, but I may have interpreted his comments too narrowly. I don't understand why his blanket was in the car if they had set up camp next to the fire. Wouldn't they bring out all the things they needed, at least for Deorr's impending nap? (blanket, cup, monkey...)

We don't even know they set up a camp, do we?

This has happened quite often in stolen car cases, when carjackers or car thieves realize there is a child in the stolen car. But not sure this has been the case too often with intentionally abducted children.

Weren't the two little Amish girls dropped off?

I know most think a wild animal attack is the unlikely cause for the disappearance especially since nothing was seen, we know if no blood, torn clothes or tracks, but I'm still considering that Deorr wandered off a bit, got lost, was attacked and carried a distance by a predator. In that vein I am going to post some videos that show predators at or near campsites, some attacking. Some just hanging out.

Here's one:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gN7btiL2CLs

How did they know the wolf they shot is the one that attacked the teenager?

With all due respect to honeybun1807, I wouldn't want a poly to determine what I said to be correct or incorrect.

Is it sleuthing ggp to ask about his health conditions? I haven't heard about them. He is a pretty young ggp.

The only references I've seen to his health conditions are rumours on Facebook. IMO they aren't worth searching for.

I believe the father said he thought Deorr would be fine with his ggp by the campfire. I assumed that meant little Deorr was not in the truck by the campfire, but I may have interpreted his comments too narrowly. I don't understand why his blanket was in the car if they had set up camp next to the fire. Wouldn't they bring out all the things they needed, at least for Deorr's impending nap? (blanket, cup, monkey...)

Not necessarily, IMO, if he was busy playing.

Isn't the little boys dad a big rig driver?? Weird but if you look on Google maps at the campsite there is a big rig or some kind of big truck that was actually nearby at the time the picture was taken for Google. I have no idea when this would have been though. Anybody else notice this?

Not necessarily, IMO, if he was busy playing.

In their interview, they emphasized that they left him with his ggp because it was almost his nap time and they thought he would be fine. But then later, his dad saw some minnows and rushed back to get him, so I guess nap time wasn't set in stone. Some kids konk out like clockwork, but being on a camping trip would throw most kids off their schedule IMO.

I will come back to check on this little guy, but I must agree with what others here have said, if I can't speculate, what's the point.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

There are plenty of places where you can speculate to your heart's content. Predictably, they are also total rubbish.

I don't know.

I have no stats to back this up, just observations from several years on WS. I've found many of the cases here that we kept "close to the vest" go cold, sometimes for years, sometimes forever. On the other hand, I've seen cases where they let it all hang out that were solved rather quickly. Others may disagree and that's okay because this is only my observation, experience, and opinion.

Its true. But it makes sense. Because when a case is very obvious, prosecutable, and solve able, it's not a risk to reveal info.

Where I live, coyotes just run a swoop their prey up and keep running. I don't like to think this, but I can't help going back to this thinking. If he had boots on that were too big for him, it gives me hope that this didn't happen because it seems the boots would've fallen off and been found. Any thoughts on this?

The wilderness is vast, predators can move fast and his darn boots were small and camouflage. To me it would be a miracle if they found those boots.

In the interview, at the end, mom pleads for whoever may have taken him, to drop him off at a store or somewhere he can be found.

Has this ever happened? Where a child has been abducted and dropped off later, at a store or somewhere similar, to be found?

Diana Robertson's killer dropped her daughter Crystal off at a KMart. Different scenario, though.

Parents of kidnapped children often make this plea.

http://unsolved.com/archives/diana-robertson

Isn't the little boys dad a big rig driver?? Weird but if you look on Google maps at the campsite there is a big rig or some kind of big truck that was actually nearby at the time the picture was taken for Google. I have no idea when this would have been though. Anybody else notice this?

It's a campground. That is a white pickup truck with a long camper attached. There is also some kind of tent next to it.

ETA: This image is the satellite view of the campground from Google Maps. It is not an image of what was at the campground at the time of DeOrr's disappearance.
Timber Creek Camper.PNG

Taken from this map view of the area. https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Ti...m2!3m1!1s0x5357b2face15292b:0x50f57ef867884c6

Quote Originally Posted by rkf View Post

The wolf had a deformed jaw. Maybe they compared it to the bite mark.

With regard to the creek ... I know that LE had their people get in with cold water gear and search, looking under and around the brush, fallen tree material and rock, including checking out holes, and DeOrr was not found. Possibly he could still be in the creek albeit farther down than they searched. If so, I'd like to know if the odor of decomp would be reduced (to the human nose) by the cold water?

Maybe someone like sarx would know ....

I don't think the media would care. If the story will bring in viewers/ratings, they are going to report on it. Think about how many celebrities would like to say "no reporting" on certain stories. In this particular case, if the parents are saying they think their son was abducted, and then asking the media to not report on it, that would just make the media more interested. They would get so many clicks on a headline that says "Kunz ask media to stop reporting on son's disappearance".

If parents don't want the media to report on their child's case, they just need to stop talking to the media, and they will go away.

BBM. It's almost as if this is playing out before our eyes.

Does the media need permission to name someone who was at the campsite?

Like the g-grandpa's friend?

I can't imagine nobody in their home town or close to the family knows this person's name.

Not saying he had anything to do with Deorr's disappearance but it looks unusual to me not to name him. All the adults present have been named except this person.

What could be the reason (if it's not permission that wasn't granted)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic