ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the media need permission to name someone who was at the campsite?

Like the g-grandpa's friend?

I can't imagine nobody in their home town or close to the family knows this person's name.

Not saying he had anything to do with Deorr's disappearance but it looks unusual to me not to name him. All the adults present have been named expect this person.

What could be the reason (if it's not permission that wasn't granted)?

Maybe the friend asked them not to.

Did they ever release the name of the store clerk?

Here's a good thread on the science of hot car deaths you might want to peruse. WARNING some of the material is very graphic and disturbing.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Science-amp-Statistics-Behind-Hot-Car-Deaths

I believe the campsite was another 1000ft higher in elevation so it would be a few degrees cooler. The main thing with hot car deaths and how fast the vehicle interior will heat up is based on whether the vehicle is parked in direct sun or not.

This just happened yesterday in Hot Springs Arkansas.
http://www.thv11.com/story/news/local/2015/07/24/hot-springs-infant-found-dead-in-car/30647585/

I can't imagine nobody in their home town or close to the family knows this person's name.

Not saying he had anything to do with Deorr's disappearance but it looks unusual to me not to name him. All the adults present have been named except this person.

Perhaps to minimize speculation if the person had a nefarious past?

Perhaps to minimize speculation if the person had a nefarious past?

If that is their intent it's clearly not working. IMO the friend's name isn't being released because the person has asked for privacy and since it hasn't been released all the posts on FB providing the person's name are simply more rumours.

No and I was told she did not want to give any interviews.

Thanks. I think maybe it seems odd now because we are so used to everyone coming forward to be interviewed and share their stories, and like even in this case a family member who wasn't there was interviewed. I wonder if we expect to be introduced to all the players as if its our right? Or we don't understand why they wouldn't want to have the public's attention? As for me, I wouldn't want to be named or on camera unless I absolutely had to.

If that is their intent it's clearly not working. IMO the friend's name isn't being released because the person has asked for privacy and since it hasn't been released all the posts on FB providing the person's name are simply more rumours.

Anyone that has dealt much with the press can tell you that if they want to run something they legally can and often will. The exception to this is often if they have a good relationship with LE and are respecting a request out of good faith, and to maintain a good relationship. It's mutually beneficial to have a positive working relationship for both sides. I'm not saying this is happening here but it's a possibility.

On another note, I'm seeing a lot of posts referencing "Camo boots" but I don't recall any info that states definitively what the color of the boots were. Did I just miss it?

(I'm on my phone so please excuse any typos)

Isn't the little boys dad a big rig driver?? Weird but if you look on Google maps at the campsite there is a big rig or some kind of big truck that was actually nearby at the time the picture was taken for Google. I have no idea when this would have been though. Anybody else notice this?

If you are referring to the white vehicle where it is speculated the campsite is located, that is a goose neck horse trailer and pickup truck. Those are very common in Idaho.

Lizzard, The first news article on the first page of this thread.
Camo cowboy boots in his clothing description.

Thanks. I think maybe it seems odd now because we are so used to everyone coming forward to be interviewed and share their stories, and like even in this case a family member who wasn't there was interviewed. I wonder if we expect to be introduced to all the players as if its our right? Or we don't understand why they wouldn't want to have the public's attention? As for me, I wouldn't want to be named or on camera unless I absolutely had to.

I feel the same way and as I mentioned in one of the previous threads: No one wants their name attached to a missing child's case because the Media will scrutinize every single piece of information they have about you. I know because I am a former journalist. If any person involved in this case: Parents, family members at the campsite, friend, witnesses, etc have any prior convictions or a criminal record of any kind, I could see why they wouldn't want their name to be made public. We need to keep in mind also that just because someone might have a criminal history of any kind does not mean they are involved in this disappearance, it could well be a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time (IF we are talking about criminal case which LE insist does not seem to be the case). <modsnip>

Not saying he had anything to do with Deorr's disappearance but it looks unusual to me not to name him. All the adults present have been named except this person.

That it's not important to the story? That could be the reason.

IMO There is some reason that LE does not want this person named. The media is not only not reporting it, they are going to lengths to hide it and deleting the name if it appears in their comments etc.

The media are not at the beck and call of the police. Often they report what LE does not want them to. I have seen no deleting of the name I keep seeing posted in comments (and spelled various different ways).

That it's not important to the story? That could be the reason.

The media are not at the beck and call of the police. Often they report what LE does not want them to. I have seen no deleting of the name I keep seeing posted in comments (and spelled various different ways).

The friend and his name might not be important to the case/story, but I would think that media is mostly concerned about viewership, and at this point an article with information about or even a photo of this person would certainly draw people's interest and ensure page visits.

I was reading comments under the most recent news article on the case on KTVB's FB page. 90% were negative against the parents. People did not care what LE said. The parents are going to be seen as child murderers unless Deorr is found by a lot of people who follow the case, while the friend doesn't even have to worry about a google search bringing up the fact that he was there that day.

Also, why would the media/LE care so much about protecting someone who has a criminal past? The parents are going to be accused until Deorr is found (which could be never) yet because the friend might have spent time in jail, it will be like he was never at the campground at all for him?

Mountain lion staring at man only 20 yards away at a campsite in the Black Hills, SD: [video=youtube;gupjP5ml2GA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gupjP5ml2GA[/video]

Mountain lion sneaked up and attacked a 6 year old, grabbing him by the face, at Big bend National park - the second attack that day:
[video=youtube;wuXAAuyCKO8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuXAAuyCKO8[/video]

The dad scared the lion off after stabbing the lion in the chest with a knife.

Mountain lion right in campsite in South East Idaho: [video=youtube;9E_CKLQHgdg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E_CKLQHgdg[/video]

The friend and his name might not be important to the case/story, but I would think that media is mostly concerned about viewership, and at this point an article with information about or even a photo of this person would certainly draw people's interest and ensure page visits.

At this point, the Media knows the identity of the friend...but because the story did not pick the interest of the yellow press, we are not seeing it.

Me either! I've been misquoted before. I don't like people in my business. My son was hurt by his biological father and eventually died as a result of the injuries. I'm so glad the Internet was just a baby, because I barely survived as it was, but I don't think I could have handled a bunch of strangers talking about me online.

Does that make me a hypocrite just by being here? Perhaps, but I keep my private horrors in mind and try to be kind and thoughtful of the families who are in their own private hell.

Really interesting stuff! Could be SAR team headquarters looking for the child.

<modsnip>Copied below is what was included in the original post.

ETA: This image is the satellite view of the campground from Google Maps. It is not an image of what was at the campground at the time of DeOrr's disappearance.

At this point, the Media knows the identity of the friend...but because the story did not pick the interest of the yellow press, we are not seeing it.

Why would the media be more interested in publishing an article about a FB post by some troll? I am not asking for them to do an entire investigative piece on the friend; I just don't see why they can't say: "The people at the campground that day were A, B, C..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noizewarr