ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think mom and dad snuck off to explore for a bit assuming little Deorr would be fine. I don't think there were words exchanged about who was to watch him. But where is he and why haven't they found him??

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Legal Question: The term "person of interest" (in the US) is a term used for ANY case or only in criminal investigations?

I thought LE had cleared them? That's what's been claimed for the past week or two. Now apparently, there's absolutely no way they can clear them?
I don't think they ever said "cleared". They said they were not "suspects". Two different meanings.

I don't think they ever said "cleared". They said they were not "suspects". Two different meanings.

This is from July 15th:

Parents not suspected in disappearance of Idaho toddler

LEADORE, Idaho — As search and rescue crews resumed their search for a missing Idaho Falls toddler Wednesday, investigators said they have no reason to consider the boy's parents suspects in his disappearance.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=35519816

Legal Question: The term "person of interest" (in the US) is a term used for ANY case or only in criminal investigations?

"person of interest" has no legal definition, but generally refers to someone law enforcement authorities would like to speak with or investigate further in connection with a crime. It may be used, rather than calling the person a suspect, when they don't want their prime suspect to know they're watching him closely. Critics complain that the term has become a method for law enforcement officers to draw attention to individuals without formally accusing them.

There is concern among critics that innocent people will be tainted by being labelled a person of interest.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/p/person-of-interest/

If it's the information I'm thinking of then it's public record isn't it?

*desperately waiting to hear whether we can sleuth or not*

You mean his personal criminal history? No. More about the great-grandpa's health and the dogs.

My post was sort of sarcasm. LE said the parents were "solid" and not considered suspects, and this led to a lot of defending of the parents, posts claiming that LE had investigated and cleared them. So now with LE say they are POI, all I could think is: I guess whatever cleared them wasn't good enough.

I contacted Deorr's mom about it, she said they were supposed to change it.

That was nice of you. It seems that if they were notified by Jessica of the error that it would be changed very quickly as it is somewhat important info in the case he was abducted.

I find this whole case so bizarre and the circumstances of the disappearances and people extremely odd and sorry including Sheriff. He gives such confusing statements that creates more questions than answers and it worries me deeply.

If it wasn't nap time and the parents wanted to share the great outdoors with him, why leave him to go exploring shortly after arriving? He obviously wasn't playing with Ggp, so that's one of the reasons I wanted to know exactly what Deorr was doing when last seen - playing with his hot rod on the ground, climbing inside the tent...?

We've heard it was close to nap time. They just came off a very long bumpy drive. Anyone who has a child knows that can be a cranky time to try to drag a kid around.

I posted this on a SM page being used by the family and the response was the parents will not give any interviews because of the reverse speech analysis that was done. If my child were missing and I believed them to be abducted, I think I would be looking beyond what people think of me and I would be getting the word out to anyone who would listen to me! That's just me thinking out loud...but a family member (aunt/uncle) or close friend could be speaking for the parents to get the word out to the masses that this boy is missing, especially if the family believes he was abducted. Posters on the internet is not enough.

"Typically in a case where abduction may be speculated at all, aren't the parents and LE usually all over media giving details to help identify a child? I'm just thinking out loud. I have only seen posters here on FB but have seen nothing further in the mainstream media regarding an abduction since the initial interview. No press conferences broadcast. I'm just concerned details/description of the child aren't reaching the masses beyond FB. I might be out in left field here I'm not sure."
IMO, possible scenario - LE is on to something and keeping it quiet for many reasons.

Strategy #1: Act like you don't suspect the parents so they don't lawyer up, hope they slip up during questioning
Stratgy #2: Put pressure on the parents through the media

Sometimes I wonder if, when parents of a missing child are cooperating but there are suspicions by LE, that LE doesn't want to jump in and say they are suspects so the parents don't clam up and lawyer up. Provide somewhat of a false sense of security to the parents so they keep talking and paranoia is kept at a minimum (in the case the parents are guilty of something). Not saying that is the case here, I have no clue.

My post was sort of sarcasm. LE said the parents were "solid" and not considered suspects, and this led to a lot of defending of the parents, posts claiming that LE had investigated and cleared them. So now with LE say they are POI, all I could think is: I guess whatever cleared them wasn't good enough.

My guess is it's just the language used. They were always there so they've been POI the whole time even though they weren't referred to as such earlier.

Right. Totally cleared would only happen when they close an investigation I think. Or are certain of what happened. But obviously LE has investigated and found nothing to suspect them.

I find this whole case so bizarre and the circumstances of the disappearances and people extremely odd and sorry including Sheriff. He gives such confusing statements that creates more questions than answers and it worries me deeply.

It worries me too, because he's (imo) so careless with the media I wonder what else he's been careless about.

Good grief, I'm wearing out my Thanks button. Consider yourself officially thanked by me from now on. Everyone!

I find a lot of things odd, too. I think it is a reason there is so much speculation. I do give the benefit of the doubt to LE, though. They have many experts helping them.

When LE talks like this to the media it usually means they have a lot of information that they are not willing to share to the media (delicate, important information) but they share pieces here and there after being probably nagged over and over by reporters. Something is coming. I get the feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double