ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought LE had cleared them? That's what's been claimed for the past week or two. Now apparently, there's absolutely no way they can clear them?

Well, this is very interesting. I just fell off the fence with a great big thud.

I'll probably be climbing back up there again and again. Bowerman should make up his mind and stop trying to CYA in this case.

EastIdahoNews.com spoke with Reinwand briefly Monday morning on his doorstep. He confirmed Deorr was with him and the great-grandfather before he went missing, but Reinwand declined to answer further questions.
[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]“He just disappeared,” Reinwand said.[/FONT]

So now there are two people who didn't see DeOrr wander off? Or two people who were unaware that they were responsible for him? Or two people who both took their eyes off of him for 4-10 minutes?

I have a technical question for mods so I'll flag this post.

From http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/sheriff-family-friend-not-a-suspect-in-deorr-kunz-case/

Bowerman said Reinwand, similar to Mitchell and Kunz, are “persons of interest” in this case because they were at the scene. However, at this time, neither Reinwand, Mitchell or Kunz are suspects in the missing persons case.

Question: What's the difference between POI & Suspect when it comes to sleuthing?

In my own opinion, it means they have not been able to rule anybody out that were at the scene.

Well, this is very interesting. I just fell off the fence with a great big thud.

I'll probably be climbing back up there again and again. Bowerman should make up his mind and stop trying to CYA in this case.

He drives me crazy. POI but not suspects. Reinwald has criminal record, but record is incorrect and not sure why. How common is it that someone has a criminal record on file, but it is incorrect? Seriously asking.

It seems to me that anyone that was at the scene of the event would be a person of interest, similar to a witness. It doesn't make them suspect but certainly someone to interview and question as has been done on this situation.

I think LE needed to go ahead and release the friend's name since obviously it was out there anyway and not releasing just fueled more speculation and rumor. Probably releasing it immediately would have been better for that same reason, hindsight and all of that.

Does the term "person of interest" imply that this is now officially a criminal investigation? Or has it been all along?

In my own opinion, it means they have not been able to rule anybody out that were at the scene.

Of course they can't. They don't know what happened yet. However, they ruled out GGP due to health/mental health issues.

Anyone here that knows me, knows that I am PRO LE all the way. This sheriff is really starting to tick me off with all the double talk and confusing statements.

I understand LE speak. I know what they're doing, but it is frustrating to see him talking out of both sides of his mouth for several days now.

I know that they don't know what happened to DeOrr yet, so he's protecting the investigation (and himself), but I'd much rather him say nothing than do what he's doing wrt this case.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I dont think LE ever said they were NOT persons of interest, they just never said they were suspects. I think it was just assumed.

For those down playing the term "person of interest", the reason everyone is getting so excited is because typically at WS that means we are free to sleuth POI's.

Waiting for mods to confirm.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

He drives me crazy. POI but not suspects. Reinwald has criminal record, but record is incorrect and not sure why. How common is it that someone has a criminal record on file, but it is incorrect? Seriously asking.

I can answer this as soon as a mod chimes in to see what we can or cannot talk about as far as the "friend" goes. I'll report my post. :)

Great-grandpa has "declining physical and mental health." Why did they leave him in charge of a 2 year old?

It seems the parents status is constantly changing. They have gone from:
*solid with Bowerman
*not a suspect at this time
*persons of interest

It appears from this list that it is a downward turn. According to this latest update, I would assume the polygraphs did not turn out favorably for them, since the results have not been announced. JMO.

Now that they are POI, are we free, at last, to discuss them?

It is concerning that GreatGrandfather is ruled out due to both physical and mental health issues but was thought to be able to be responsible for the toddler. Never in the parent's interview was the friend even mentioned as someone keeping an eye on the baby.

It just seems that if LE made it a point to say GG is in such poor health that he is "ruled out", he must be very limited. I guess that statement sort of baffles me. How limited must a person be to be ruled out?

Of course they can't. They don't know what happened yet. However, they ruled out GGP due to health/mental health issues.

Anyone here that knows me, knows that I am PRO LE all the way. This sheriff is really starting to tick me off with all the double talk and confusing statements.

I understand LE speak. I know what they're doing, but it is frustrating to see him talking out of both sides of his mouth for several days now.

I know that they don't know what happened to DeOrr yet, so he's protecting the investigation (and himself), but I'd much rather him say nothing than do what he's doing wrt this case.
I completely understand your frustration, but I also believe LE knows what they are doing. They have lots of experts helping them.

so, they are persons of interest... Just because they were there is the reason given for being a POI? Sounds like double talk... jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larney