ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone asked if there were searches by private citizens. Based upon posts on the Reverse Speech FB site, he (the reverse speech guy) is coordinating searches based on "evidence" he has gathered. I won't post a link to the FB site or specific posts because much of his opinion would violate WS TOS. It's easy to find and hopefully I'm staying well within the rules. I'm only mentioning the site to answer the question about whether private searches are being organized.

Slightly OT but as I was camping in the mountains of Idaho this weekend with my own little family (NOT in Salmon-Challis, as my husband suggested and I quickly shot down because I just can't be sure that there isn't a boogey man out there), I watched a young family with a little guy about DeOrr's age near us. As the mom and dad took turns chasing down their camo-clad (no kidding) toddler, my heart just hurt thinking about little DeOrr and his family. They were doing exactly what so many of us do around here. I just hope for some peace for them, whatever the outcome.

Bowerman said Reinwand, similar to Mitchell and Kunz, are “persons of interest” in this case because they were at the scene. However, at this time, neither Reinwand, Mitchell or Kunz are suspects in the missing persons case.

The great-grandfather, who authorities have not identified, also has not been labeled as a suspect. Authorities said his declining physical and mental health ruled him out at the beginning of the case.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Bowerman said Reinwand, similar to Mitchell and Kunz, are “persons of interest” in this case because they were at the scene. However, at this time, neither Reinwand, Mitchell or Kunz are suspects in the missing persons case.

The great-grandfather, who authorities have not identified, also has not been labeled as a suspect. Authorities said his declining physical and mental health ruled him out at the beginning of the case.

So I guess the parents nor the friend have been ruled out?

He's not a suspect, but is a POI. From the link:

"Bowerman said Reinwand, similar to Mitchell and Kunz, are “persons of interest” in this case because they were at the scene. However, at this time, neither Reinwand, Mitchell or Kunz are suspects in the missing persons case."

And, further,

"The Idaho State Repository shows Reinwand was charged with felony rape in 2006, but that charge was amended down to misdemeanor domestic battery."

Thank you for this new info about the friend.

I have observed in other cases that LE does not name anyone as suspects until they have all their ducks in a row (hard evidence). Any retired LE out there to comment?

im not saying this is necessarily the case here, though.

It does sound like they have not been able to RULE OUT anyone at the campsite.

LE says earlier, the parent are "solid" and this apparently meant they were cleared, had nothing to do with it, etc. So now LE says they are POI in the case. Is this new statement going to be as believed as their earlier one?

It does sound like they have not been able to RULE OUT anyone at the campsite.

From the article:

"The great-grandfather, who authorities have not identified, also has not been labeled as a suspect. Authorities said his declining physical and mental health ruled him out at the beginning of the case."

Over the past week or so, we had posters here claiming that LE had cleared the parents. They had investigated them, found they had nothing to do with their son's disappearance. Now they are declared POI. Is it now going to be insisted that LE cannot clear the parents unless they find Deorr, only great-grandpa can be due to his health?

LE says earlier, the parent are "solid" and this apparently meant they were cleared, had nothing to do with it, etc. So now LE says they are POI in the case. Is this new statement going to be as believed as their earlier one?

You know, JMHO, but this reads to me more like an attempt to manage the social media monster than any actual new information of substance.

I have read that the blanket was left in the truck, but I am not exactly sure where that came from. It was not from an article, but from comments. Did the parents say that? Is there a source for that? I don't remember them saying it in the video interview. Did they also say the monkey and cup were still inside the truck when Deorr went missing?
"The blanket was in the truck, so Jessica now has got that blanket and she will not let go of it. She holds it, smells it, loves it," Kunz says. "It's the only attachment she has to that boy right now."

http://www.people.com/people/mobile/article/0,,20938555,00.html

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

That would make sense if he was exploring with them or ggp was entertaining him. But if they're sneaking away for a little alone time and want to avoid the separation drama, I'd think having his favorite things nearby might buy them a few extra minutes. Being in a new place can also have the opposite affect - making kids more clingy and needing their security objects. I'm just following what the parents said in their interview. They emphasized that he would never go anywhere without one of these items, no matter how inconvenient it was to him or anyone else, so the fact that he left without them makes them think he was abducted. However, he had no choice but to leave without them, even if it was just on an exploring trip of his own, because his favorite things were locked in the car where I'm assuming he couldn't get them by himself.

BBM Please provide a link from MSM stating that the vehicle was locked.

so now that everyone except ggrandpa is a POI, can we sleuth or not? It's about time that LE released this info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double