ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that struck me as odd at the time, was that I would think that most people would TRY to call 911 first, THEN leave to find better reception if they weren't successful. Please correct me if I'm wrong in remembering that no attempt to call 911 was actually made initially...it was just assumed that a call wouldn't go through?

Not by the dad, but the mom called from camp.

I think Dad maybe yelled to Mom to call 911 from camp while he took off to get reception in case she didn't get through. He never knew she got through successfully until he spoke with the operator. <--speculation.

Our phones were this way at our previous house (same phones, same were AT&T, but one got good reception and one didn't), and if an emergency had happened we would have spit up to ensure someone got through to 911.

He was sleeping and that's why he took so long to answer. I do not think he was instructed not to talk to the media. It is interesting that at the end he says: "I do not have....I do not want to answer any more questions".
I have to disagree. I do believe he was at least advised to not discuss certain things by LE to the media or others.

Sorry, to be clear, I did explicitly say that having taken a sleeping aid was a possible explanation. When I say that he's clearly under the influence... he could definitely be under the influence of a legal drug, which might tell us absolutely nothing about him or what happened to DK. I also don't endorse the media making the friend's life a living hell. BUT I think it's impossible not to watch that video, hear about GGP's "poor mental health" and look at this case the same way that at least I was in the beginning when I heard about a family camping trip that GGP's friend -- who wasn't named as being present when DK vanished -- was also on.

Yes, you did. Which is why I offered my example.

10 minutes? Hmmm...that is if you believe the timeline of the parents...yes? The same ones who told dispatch he went missing an hour prior to calling? Those parents?

So if the parents are now officially POI does that mean they are no longer victims?

I certianly wouldn't want to go camping with him or leave my kid in his care. But not all parents are diligent.

But lets be reasonable. In 10 minutes, this guy grabbed the baby, killed him and somehow disposed if his body in a way that made it impossible for anyone to ever find him? Not logical. Not rational.

I don't think this guy using the outside doorknob to hold up his arm while he is standing inside the house to be any match against LE. I agree, it makes no sense this man could pull off a crime against the boy and hide it. And, I don't think the parents would hesitate pointing a finger at this guy if they had doubts about him.

So where does that leave us?

The water seems like a top choice, imo.

My lingering questions are
- WHY bring this guy camping with you? Seriously. WHY?
- was the boy truly at the campsite?
- why are the drones being used for a potential court case? Are they investigating something else or the disappearance?

JMO

Thank you. I'm glad someone else said it first.

I'm just gonna say it. This guy sets my hinky meter off the charts, TBH.
I (along with many others) have known his name, family background, record, etc...for many many days now. I've had a lot of time to think about it.

I can't find any scenario where he did something to DeOrr without someone else knowing. The only way I can reconcile any of the 4 doing anything to this baby is that all four of them have to know/be involved.

There are other things I could speculate on, but I'm still waiting for mod approval. I saw both tlyca and Tricia in here a while ago, but nobody has responded yet.

That doesn't make sense to me, with what we know so far.

He sets my hinky meter off in an "I wouldn't hire this guy as a babysitter way" but not necessarily in an "I wouldn't go camping with this guy" way. My hinky meter is often fickle like that.

I am sooo sick of this sheriff and his mind games. I am beginning to wonder if they are truly mind games or he is just in way over his head. Ridiculous. Saying parents are "good with me" BEFORE they even took a poly? Now, POI's? Now releasing the friend's name because of social media? IMO the reason they didn't release the friends name was because as the sheriff said...he was arrested for RAPE and it got pleaded down and now he doesn't have to register. Right, we left our kid with a mentally unstable old man and a rapist and they were the last people with him. Really? You know what parents do when their kids go missing? LOOK AT MARK KLAAS...that's what they do. That guy RAN to the police station to be poly'd so the police would officially eliminate him. I am so tired of all this politics, and pi***** contests between different LE's when there is a 2 year old missing and one of the last people to see him was senile and the other a rapist. And I don't buy into the...well, he wasn't convicted of rape, he was convicted of this. Just the fact that he was charged and indicted by a grand jury (meaning there was ample evidence that the GJ said take it to trial) means he's a rapist in my book. Good Lord...if the sheriff crumbled because of "social media" maybe everyone should keep up the social media posts..maybe then this boy will be found.

LE doesn't owe us anything... they do this in many cases; their ultimate goal is to say what they need to say to find Deorr, not inform the public

I just saw the video...WOW... I couldn't make out a lot of what he said. He was very interested to know if they talked to g'gf though.

WOW is right. After seeing that video I know I would never have left my little one with him and GGP.

My opinion only

The GGF lives with Deorr and family and supposedly Jessica and Deorr Sr. had never met Isaac before the trip, so he couldn't have been a health assistant to him in any capacity. In fact, my understanding is that Jessica is a CNA and was hired by her mother to take care of the GGF.

Really? Thanks for the info. I don't understand how a GGF so physically and mentally incapacitated that he couldn't possibly be a POI could be good enough friends w/ this guy for the guy to join his family on a camping trip if the people he lives with have never met him.

ETA: Turns out starfire's information was wrong insofar as GGF DOES NOT live with J, D & D.

I thought POI was used informally, but only in criminal investigations. Kidnapping is criminal, but so are a lot of other things.

Can someone with experience tell me if LE would find it odd that everyone involved is claiming "he just disappeared"? I know there are inconsistencies with timeline and such, but this seems to be the only statement that everyone who was at camp and some that were not are consistently stating.

I have other questions related to this but I think they are off limits as of right now.

WOW is right. After seeing that video I know I would never have left my little one with him and GGP.

My opinion only

After watching that video, imo there were three people there that needed to be watched over.

The rumor about the sighting at the store at 6 pm - of a young blonde boy matching the description of Deorr, who was filthy and bawling with a "gentleman" and a black truck --

Dad said in the interview that they went down to the store as a family. Dad said this was him at the store but it was earlier in the day (before 1 pm). No mention of seeing Mom there. So was this supposed sighting really this family earlier in the day? Or was it a gentleman with a black truck and some other kid that looked like Deorr? Or was it a gentleman and Deorr?

This entire case is so frustrating! I wish the media would interview the store clerk. If there were two store clerks one working an earlier shift one working a later, then there wasn't confusion about seeing them before 1 or at 6. One saw the family. One saw a boy and gentleman. If the same clerk worked all day then how do you mix up the times by that much?

The GGF lives with Deorr and family and supposedly Jessica and Deorr Sr. had never met Isaac before the trip, so he couldn't have been a health assistant to him in any capacity. In fact, my understanding is that Jessica is a CNA and was hired by her mother to take care of the GGF.

Links? Sources?

Thank you. I'm glad someone else said it first.

I'm just gonna say it. This guy sets my hinky meter off the charts, TBH.
I (along with many others) have known his name, family background, record, etc...for many many days now. I've had a lot of time to think about it.

I can't find any scenario where he did something to DeOrr without someone else knowing. The only way I can reconcile any of the 4 doing anything to this baby is that all four of them have to know/be involved.

That doesn't make sense to me, with what we know so far.

There are other things I could speculate on, but I'm still waiting for mod approval. I saw both tlyca and Tricia in here a while ago, but nobody has responded yet.

I agree that he didn't have time or even any motive, but it does make me think that he and ggp would be oblivious to anything with little DeOrr. Neither one probably would know if the baby wandered down to the creek, hurt himself, got locked in the truck, whatever etc. Jmo

Okay...so I am new here. I saw this story on the news when the disappearance first happened. I haven't followed it closely at all. But I have a toddler at home and not much time to read/skim a 75 page thread. Can someone direct me to a good place for a summary/run-down of this case? Or at the very least, just the most recent developments since I know the basic stuff? (If this is too much to ask, I understand.) I noticed the thread has picked up some steam so I am just wondering if something new developed. I skimmed the last few pages but feel very lost.

AmyPond, the mysterious friend's name was finally revealed in addition to the parents being referred to in print as persons of interest. We're waiting to hear if they can be sleuthed. Not that I'm much of a sleuther. I just follow along.

I agree. That is a STRANGE interview. The resting of his arm on the doorknob is bizarre.

I have the impression that he might have some sort of cognitive impairment. If we are allowed to sleuth him, I think this is a very important element to find out from the start. It is only fair. A lot of people who have disabilities tend to take longer to reply, they are socially awkward, their body language may be odd, etc and it certainly does not mean they are criminals but people might find them "weird" and "suspicious".

10 minutes? Hmmm...that is if you believe the timeline of the parents...yes? The same ones who told dispatch he went missing an hour prior to calling? Those parents?

They never stated they waited one hour prior to calling. They stated they searched for 20 minutes and then called. http://www.news10.net/story/news/nation-now/2015/07/14/toddler-goes-missing-while-camping/30128543/

Yes. Those parents. Here's what I said to someone else when talking about the implication that they are involved:

It would be quite far fetched for both parents, the great grandpa and family friend all to be involved in an elaborate cover-up. Also,the family has been super cooperative, took polys, did not lawyer up and seems suitably distraught. It is possible that any of the four have personal issues and pasts or health issues, or whatever. But other than not being diligent about watching Deorr closely, nothing suggests they harmed the child, pretended to bring him up there, burned him in the campfire, are all lying or whatever.

If he was never there, that means four adults are lying through their teeth. It makes no sense. Nothing about these people remotely points to the level of diabolical evil necessary for them to all conspire tightly to pretend he was and fake a disappearance in the wilderness. If he was there but someone did something at camp, where did they stash him? Same issue as we have now. No trace of him. And how could one person have the time or privacy to kill him and hide him and why?

There is no evidence, nothing remotely that points to these poor people being involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966