ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be that we have the whole timeline wrong? If that's the case, I think little Deorr could be anywhere.

Except according to little Deorr's grandmother, "My dad was standing there watching him and he turned his head and then (Deorr) was gone.” So if ggf was watching Deorr at the campfire, the baby could not have been in the truck.
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07...just-vanished/

DeOrr's grandmother wasn't at the campsite so she doesn't really know what transpired that day. I don't have much faith in what she said happened.

Could it be that we have the whole timeline wrong? If that's the case, I think little Deorr could be anywhere.

Why would "we" have the timeline wrong? We are going by statements by the parents, LE and the 911 call. Am I missing something?

Yes. 911 call states that he has been missing for an hour. In the interview, they stated that after 20 minutes they called 911.
I'm sure LE has the correct timeline. That's what is most important.

Yes. The statistics on this issue are staggering. Studies show the fathers who contest and win (win meaning are awarded primary physical custody) have been involved in some level of domestic violence against the mother. Custody is a means to maintain power and control over their ex-partner. I attached a link below, but there is allot of information elsewhere on this topic.

http://www.leadershipcouncil.org/1/pas/dv.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "statistics" listed on the linked site are extremely ambiguous (to say the least). Are there actually people who believe that men get full custody of their children more often than women? Either way, I am having a hard time reconciling how in the world this has ANYTHING to do with this precious missing boy.

LE says that they are investigating the possibility that Deorr was never at the campground. Wouldn't they be able to find something (like used diapers) that would confirm if he had been there?

Since this is my first time here, can someone explain to me the relationship between Law Enforcement and the Newsreporters....How/when do updates get to the reporters, which in turn get to us? What is the process?

Since this is my first time here, can someone explain to me the relationship between Law Enforcement and the Newsreporters....How/when do updates get to the reporters, which in turn get to us? What is the process?

I know that in high-profile cases, news outlets/shows/newspapers/etc will sign up to be on a list and will be notified anytime there is a development/update/press conference in the case. From what I've seen, the media is pretty reliant on LE in giving them things to report; they don't spend too much effort (at least past the first week or two) gathering information themselves.

LE says that they are investigating the possibility that Deorr was never at the campground. Wouldn't they be able to find something (like used diapers) that would confirm if he had been there?

LE in this case has never said this. That was said by a retired LE guy that is not involved in this case. It's his opinion only.

At this time there is no known custody issue we are aware of in this case yet the rumor/speculation was starting to grow legs as if true. Many posts discussing custody have had to be removed and speculation that involves siblings and their custody or living arrangements and their parent is off-limits.

Thanks for your cooperation.

:tyou:

At that temperature could a child perish if he were left to nap in the truck with the windows left up and the doors locked?

Here's a good thread on the science of hot car deaths you might want to peruse. WARNING some of the material is very graphic and disturbing.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Science-amp-Statistics-Behind-Hot-Car-Deaths

I believe the campsite was another 1000ft higher in elevation so it would be a few degrees cooler. The main thing with hot car deaths and how fast the vehicle interior will heat up is based on whether the vehicle is parked in direct sun or not.

bbm

That has never been said by LE. A retired Fish and Game official (can't remember his name nor rank, will go and look) threw this phrase in with other possible lines of inquiry. He has no insider knowledge of the case, he is not LE, he is not active in this case, he was merely sharing his thoughts, based on his past experience.

Please correct me if I'm wrong by providing a link to your statement.

ETA: here it is

EastIdahoNews.com spoke with retired Idaho Fish and Game investigator Tony Latham. Over his 22-year career he investigated several missing person cases and he believes the boy will be found.

snip

Latham said some theories investigators may be considering include Deorr walking away on his own, the possibility of him being abducted, the idea that he was never at the campsite in the first place or that a wild animal was involved in his disappearance.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/0...on-deorr-kunz-this-will-come-to-a-resolution/

bbm

Note the words "may be considering". There is no indication anywhere that LE is in fact "investigating the possibility" as you claimed.

Again, if I'm wrong, I'm sorry. But please back up your claim with a link. TIA

So...about 119 feet....VERY close.

Want to repost this article with video of where he went missing. He also shows where the parents walked

A closer look: the campground where Deorr Kunz disappeared Updated at 5:56 pm, July 15th, 2015 By: Nate Eaton

If you look at this version of the map, it shows a truck and camper that is parked where I believe they were camping. The creek is next to it in the treeline to the right of the camper. https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Ti...m2!3m1!1s0x5357b2face15292b:0x50f57ef867884c6

Based on the video from East Idaho News, I think they walked towards the reservoir. Here is an image of the map I posted yesterday. The blue line roughly shows the creek flowing in and out of the reservoir. The red mark is where I think they camped.

Timber Creek Campground and Stone Reservoir.PNG

For a missing person case, and a child at that, this has all the symptoms of a media blackout!

I'll check in on this thread daily in the hope that little DeOrr is found (preferably found miraculously safe) but there's not much point in remaining involved as I'll only earn myself a time-out :tos:

Hats off to those who manage to stay posting on this thread - maybe I'll watch and learn how you do it :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member