ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see getting lost in Sisters, Oregon. At least it's pretty there.

Getting lost in Leadore though... weren't they lost for about an hour? And VDK is a truck driver? Leadore is tiny.

I just went for another wander round the town, it's ridiculous, there are so few buildings that it would be hard to get landmarks confused. One church, one school, one shop. All low level. Not many trees.

Leadore: Google Maps

I just went for another wander round the town, it's ridiculous, there are so few buildings that it would be hard to get landmarks confused. One church, one school, one shop. All low level. Not many trees.

Leadore: Google Maps

Yeah, it's as easy to get lost in Leadore as it is to get lost in, like, your own bathroom.

I reckon my bathroom is just a little bit bigger than Leadore...

So, I think we've ascertained getting lost there is BS. Anyone got the original quote?

I think it might have been in this video report Chelsea Brentzel did but I'm not sure. I'd have to watch it again. It's a good recap, if anything.

Last edited:
It was Klein who reportedly found some items. Who knows if they really were the same items DeOrr reportedly had when he vanished:

"The firm says investigators searched leftover furniture and clothing at the apartment complex on the 900 block of Ada in Idaho Falls after the couple was evicted for not paying rent. The landlord, the firm says, gave investigators the OK to search the abandoned property.

Found in the search were four matchbox cars that were previously described by the parents as "missing and they did not know where they were," as well as a camo jacket, that the boy's parents say he was wearing on the day he went missing, according to the report."

Investigators find 'missing' jacket, toys at DeOrr Kunz's old apartment

BBM because someone was wondering what part of town the old apartment was...

Since we all are having problems to remember things correctly (lol)
I am asking now: wasn't there some talk about evidence found in or about the car VK was driving at that time? Think it has something to do with PI Klein, but I am not sure....:oops:

Last edited:
Well - I'm too far away, so it will have to be someone closer... :rolleyes:

My theory - he never made it to the camp ground. His clothes that Jessica said he was wearing were found in their apt. & I believe a toy she said he had with him too.

If that is the case - and I am very open to his never making it to the campground - has LE ever checked out the property where the Kunz family lived? Both outside, crawl spaces, anywhere for his remains?

Because I am inclined to believe DeOrr is dead.

If that is the case - and I am very open to his never making it to the campground - has LE ever checked out the property where the Kunz family lived? Both outside, crawl spaces, anywhere for his remains?

Chiming in with no proof like always, I think something happened on the way to the campground. He was run over by accident, the driver was drunk or on other drugs. Additonally Jessica was afraid to lose her other children completely. That is also why they arrived so late at the campsite. Had to find a"safe" place of disposal. JMO

Chiming in with no proof like always, I think something happened on the way to the campground. He was run over by accident, the driver was drunk or on other drugs. Additonally Jessica was afraid to lose her other children completely. That is also why they arrived so late at the campsite. Had to find a"safe" place of disposal. JMO

I would be interested to find out what contact Jessica has had with her other children since DeOrr disappeared.
In fact I'd be very interested to know how much contact she had with them before DeOrr disappeared.
Don't know her, never met her, but she has never struck me as the maternal type.

I would be interested to find out what contact Jessica has had with her other children since DeOrr disappeared.
In fact I'd be very interested to know how much contact she had with them before DeOrr disappeared.
Don't know her, never met her, but she has never struck me as the maternal type.

You mean like she maybe didn't care about them that much anyway? Okay, but alot of people care about how OTHER people think about them, and IMO that could play a role in this.

Does anyone remember if the sheriff ever dragged, used sonar, or some other method to eliminate the reservoir? Remember how one of the dogs hit on it?

Dive crews using grid system, food coloring in search for Deorr
Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman said searchers are using a grid system above and below water to make sure every inch of the reservoir is covered. Bowerman said food coloring is being used in the water to mark areas already searched.
Dive crews using grid system, food coloring in search for Deorr | East Idaho News

How could a 2-year-old vanish without a trace?
One location of interest to investigators was Stone Reservoir, a body of water located next to Timber Creek Campground. Authorities feared DeOrr might have accidentally fallen in and drowned.

Divers searched the reservoir on four different occasions, including during the first day of the search. Investigators also flew over a helicopter to search the clear water and used sonar technology to scan the reservoir.
How could a 2-year-old vanish without a trace?

Sonar robot being used in search for missing East Idaho toddler
This new dive team has the capabilities of side sonar
, according to Bonneville County. Divers typically use a sonar robot to assist them in muddy or foggy waters
Sonar robot being used in search for missing East Idaho toddler

Searches of reservoir, wolf den yield no clues in hunt for Idaho toddler
For the past 10 days, Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman and his deputies have scoured the rugged terrain surrounding a remote Idaho campsite for a missing 2 year-old boy -- using sonar imaging equipment to probe a nearby reservoir and searching a wolf den for any trace of the child.

Cadaver dogs led law enforcement directly to the reservoir but Bowerman said unrelated cremated remains dumped into the water during the search likely prompted the canines' interest. A search of the reservoir using advanced sonar equipment yielded nothing, he said.
Searches of reservoir, wolf den yield no clues in hunt for Idaho toddler

Adding this:
From 7-20-15 Bowerman Press Release:
Numerous resources, including helicopters with FLIR, diver’s, side scan sonar, scent dogs, cadaver dogs, horses, atv’s, and over 300 people, were used to grid and search the reservoir, the creek, and the hillsides, with absolutely no sign of the victim.
Search For Missing 2 Year Old "Scaled Back"

Last edited:
Does anyone remember if the sheriff ever dragged, used sonar, or some other method to eliminate the reservoir? Remember how one of the dogs hit on it?

FWIW...

BBM

Nate Eaton:
So they called 911. You guys arrive and begin searching.

Sheriff Bowerman:
“Correct.”

Nate Eaton:
“And, um, at this point were their vehicles searched, the tents, I guess everything out there was probably searched?”

Sheriff Bowerman:
“We did a…I think a very thorough investigation. We uh took two initial track dogs in. Uh, one of them being mine and one being Salmon Police Department. They’re trained to search for people who are lost. Um, they were given a scent. They went from the campground up to the reservoir and then back to the campground and we…we searched everywhere a small child could easily hide or climb into or fall into.”

Nate Eaton:
“But nothing…”

Sheriff Bowerman:
“And we found absolutely nothing.”

IIRC Jessica and Vernal claimed to investigators and in an interview that they had never met Isaac, didn’t know him at all. Yet, Jessica took care of GGP and Isaac was his good friend, so I do have some doubt she had never met him. But I suppose it’s possible, and she set this up with someone and Isaac had no involvement. Yet they also went to considerable lengths to find him that day considering they didn’t even know him, seems they wanted to be sure he was on that camping trip. Speculating...

BBM
Does anyone know when (approximately - e.g. month/year, etc.) Jessica first started working as a caregiver for her grandfather? I never knew for sure when and for how long she had been doing that or what period of time that was. Anyone?

And IIRC they were inside a plastic bag hidden inside a sofa, am I remembering correctly ?

BBM
FWIW
Apologies, but I couldn't find Niner's initial post that facilitated your above response, but wanted to add this. Someone recently posted the link below in a previous post and I wanted to point out or add that within that linked article is a video with a more specific statement on the "plastic bag hidden inside a sofa."

1:05
Morgan Wagner: In the home where Deorr’s parents used to live, Klein said his team found the toy cars and camo jacket that were reported missing with the toddler.

01:14
Klein: Where the toy cars were found -- were in a bag, shoved in another little bag, that was shoved in a couch. Um, you know why are we hiding toy cars?

I've only been keeping one eye on this case off and on because I find it so upsetting. Such a precious, precious little boy.

From the last few posts, it certainly sounds like this case will be coming to a conclusion, and that renditions of what happened that day are unraveling rapidly.

Praying that resolution comes quickly now. God Bless this beautiful boy.

BBM
FWIW
Apologies, but I couldn't find Niner's initial post that facilitated your above response, but wanted to add this. Someone recently posted the link below in a previous post and I wanted to point out or add that within that linked article is a video with a more specific statement on the "plastic bag hidden inside a sofa."

1:05
Morgan Wagner: In the home where Deorr’s parents used to live, Klein said his team found the toy cars and camo jacket that were reported missing with the toddler.

01:14
Klein: Where the toy cars were found -- were in a bag, shoved in another little bag, that was shoved in a couch. Um, you know why are we hiding toy cars?

Thank you for providing the link, TxJan. ! Very much appreciated!

From Klien’s report:
“Area 1 : The Clegg Residence in Idaho Falls, ID, was searched with permission. The house, trailers, camping equipment and other equipment (other than a shovel) was cleared. It is important to note that Trina Clegg has not been named a suspect and investigators have no evidence to suggest such. We are unclear if she has any information – however – she testifies she has no information. Her 2nd polygraph is pending with the USDOJ FBI.”

Link: Private investigator issues lengthy report on DeOrr Kunz case | East Idaho News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem