ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure Mr. flourish would be appreciative of my taking one for the team. Not sure my acting skills are up to par, either, nor am I particularly seductive now that I'm middle-aged. You guys are silly :)
I don't know that I've seen any addresses for where the family was living prior to this event? Like, does anyone know the address for the home mentioned above where items were found after the family moved? Just curious which part of town they lived, etc. They don't live there anymore, so obviously I'm not asking for any nefarious reason, literally just curiosity since I'm local now and I like to be able to visualize things better.

Well - I'm too far away, so it will have to be someone closer... :rolleyes:

My theory - he never made it to the camp ground. His clothes that Jessica said he was wearing were found in their apt. & I believe a toy she said he had with him too.

I'm marginally closer but the commute would still be a ballache. Flourish, it's gotta be you!!

I'm totally torn about where DeOrr died (and yes, I'm assuming he has, sadly). It was Grandpa and Isaac who planned the camping trip and Trina who allegedly asked Jessica to go to keep an eye on him at the last minute. If DeOrr was never at that campsite then all 4/5 have lied through their teeth, and I'm not sure any of them are bright enough to have maintained that lie. I do think something might have happened on the journey or on arrival, rather than at home before they set off.

I can't reacll all the details now but I think the journey was only a couple of hours, with multiple stops for phone chargers (unexplained), fuel (unexplained), and some farce or other involving swapping a trailer over or something. Can anyone remember the timescales?

Didn't the LE say they believed Isaac? And not the rest of them? Wonder "what" Isaac's statements were. Anyone know - has that been released? Just curious.

edited to add: can't help CoverMeCagney on remembering stuff! :confused: too old! LOL!

Didn't the LE say they believed Isaac? And not the rest of them? Wonder "what" Isaac's statements were. Anyone know - has that been released? Just curious.

edited to add: can't help CoverMeCagney on remembering stuff! :confused: too old! LOL!

Yes, from what I remember the police and both private detectives seemed to suggest Isaac was telling the truth and really that's all that makes me think DeOrr WAS at the campsite. I think Isaac must have met him and perhaps something happened on the journey, on arrival, overnight or early next morning, rather than the afternoon like they said. I reckon the couple of trips out to the shops were covering tracks.

Arrived, unpacking, someone moved a vehicle and ran him over?
All of them drunk? Grandpa and Isaac shouldn't have been drinking, yet brought Whisky?
Or drugged him to sleep and he never woke up?

I dunno. I hope we find out one day!!

I'm marginally closer but the commute would still be a ballache. Flourish, it's gotta be you!!

I'm totally torn about where DeOrr died (and yes, I'm assuming he has, sadly). It was Grandpa and Isaac who planned the camping trip and Trina who allegedly asked Jessica to go to keep an eye on him at the last minute. If DeOrr was never at that campsite then all 4/5 have lied through their teeth, and I'm not sure any of them are bright enough to have maintained that lie. I do think something might have happened on the journey or on arrival, rather than at home before they set off.

I can't reacll all the details now but I think the journey was only a couple of hours, with multiple stops for phone chargers (unexplained), fuel (unexplained), and some farce or other involving swapping a trailer over or something. Can anyone remember the timescales?

Depending on the route taken, google maps tells me it's between 2 hours 10 minutes and 2 hours 47 minutes from Idaho Falls to the Timber Creek Campground near Leadore. Add in multiple stops and that's a decently long drive.

Yea, sounds reasonable to me! Maybe an "accident" on running him over - but "why" hide it? But yes, I sure hope we do find out one day....
I have to wonder if there were illegal substances used or legal substances used in an illegal manner, and that's what they were trying to hide and/or he had visible marks which would indicate prior abuse and/or perhaps they'd had previous contact with child protection and were scared they wouldn't be believed.
I hope this case isn't one we're all still wondering about in a decade :(

Depending on the route taken, google maps tells me it's between 2 hours 10 minutes and 2 hours 47 minutes from Idaho Falls to the Timber Creek Campground near Leadore. Add in multiple stops and that's a decently long drive.

OK, but didn't they set off in the afternoon and arrive late at night (too late to get food) making their journey probably 4 or 5 hours?

It's entirely possible I'm making this up :confused:

OK, but didn't they set off in the afternoon and arrive late at night (too late to get food) making their journey probably 4 or 5 hours?

It's entirely possible I'm making this up :confused:

No, I think I remember that, too. I would not want to be driving out there at night, let alone trying to set up a campsite!!! In the pitch black?!?! There aren't street lights out there! So much hinky.

Well - I'm too far away, so it will have to be someone closer... :rolleyes:

My theory - he never made it to the camp ground. His clothes that Jessica said he was wearing were found in their apt. & I believe a toy she said he had with him too.

And IIRC they were inside a plastic bag hidden inside a sofa, am I remembering correctly ?

No, I think I remember that, too. I would not want to be driving out there at night, let alone trying to set up a campsite!!! In the pitch black?!?! There aren't street lights out there! So much hinky.

Nobody wants to set up camp in the dark, considering they got lost in that tiny town the next day I don't think they'd have fancied finding the remote road to the campsite at night. The more I think about it the more I think something happened en route up there.

Yes, from what I remember the police and both private detectives seemed to suggest Isaac was telling the truth and really that's all that makes me think DeOrr WAS at the campsite. I think Isaac must have met him and perhaps something happened on the journey, on arrival, overnight or early next morning, rather than the afternoon like they said. I reckon the couple of trips out to the shops were covering tracks.

Arrived, unpacking, someone moved a vehicle and ran him over?
All of them drunk? Grandpa and Isaac shouldn't have been drinking, yet brought Whisky?
Or drugged him to sleep and he never woke up?

I dunno. I hope we find out one day!!

That's right, I had forgotten about GGP and Isaac drinking whisky, and they weren't supposed to be drinking, or was it only GGP who wasn't supposed to drink. Would that have been due to health reasons, neither were on probation or anything, right ? It seems my memories are rustier than I thought. So, if they were all three sheets to the wind on whisky and who knows what else... then something could have happened and they're all in on the cover up.

Or, Jessica and Vernal used GGP's and Isaac's inebriation to cover up something only one or both of them did.

This is making me tired.

That's right, I had forgotten about GGP and Isaac drinking whisky, and they weren't supposed to be drinking, or was it only GGP who wasn't supposed to drink. Would that have been due to health reasons, neither were on probation or anything, right ? It seems my memories are rustier than I thought. So, if they three sheets to the wind on whisky and who knows what else... then something could have happened while and they're all in on the cover up.

They had met at AA. And when Isaac was interviewed he mentioned the whisky but quickly backtracked saying they'd not drunk any. Something like that. Sad that so much time has passed that we are forgetting what we once knew in minute detail....

Nobody wants to set up camp in the dark, considering they got lost in that tiny town the next day I don't think they'd have fancied finding the remote road to the campsite at night. The more I think about it the more I think something happened en route up there.

Okay I laugh and laugh at the getting lost thing. I've been to Leadore. I have no sense of direction and once got lost in little town Sisters, Oregon, which is pretty bad, but at least it's bigger than Leadore! Sisters has a population closer to 1000, while Leadore's is closer to 100. I have to hope and assume they didn't get lost IN town, but around the outskirts like taking the wrong mountain road or something. Because I think it would take effort to get lost in Leadore proper. There's only one main road.

Okay I laugh and laugh at the getting lost thing. I've been to Leadore. I have no sense of direction and once got lost in little town Sisters, Oregon, which is pretty bad, but at least it's bigger than Leadore! Sisters has a population closer to 1000, while Leadore's is closer to 100. I have to hope and assume they didn't get lost IN town, but around the outskirts like taking the wrong mountain road or something. Because I think it would take effort to get lost in Leadore proper. There's only one main road.

Well that's what I mean. I looked at on Google earth / street view in detail way back when, couldn't believe how small it was. Makes me think the getting lost bit was a fib.

I could see getting lost in Sisters, Oregon. At least it's pretty there.

Getting lost in Leadore though... weren't they lost for about an hour? And VDK is a truck driver? Leadore is tiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove