ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i remember following deorr's case at the same time as lonzie barton in florida. both were cute little toddler boys. lonzie was found finally, murdered. i can't really say deorr jr. will ever be found in those mountains. he was obviously out of the zone of searching so he could be anywhere! i thought grandpa would make a death bed confession but he didn't. this story will fade but i'll never forget little deorr kunz jr.
Oh DeOrr, and little Lonzie, at least Lonzie was found. Terrible cases :(

Klein Investigations and Consulting announced on their Facebook page that they have an agreement in place to rejoin the missing person case of DeOrr Kunz.

According to Klein Investigations, Klein has met with the new client and has arranged for the fundraiser which to date has raised just over $9,000 dollars and is moving fast to reach the goal of $20,000 dollars.

The money is being used for travel and lodging for the investigative team.

Klein says they will be handling the case in a different manner and that the base investigation is already complete.

The team is currently going over the past statements and mapping up to and including a trash dump mapping that was begun, but not finished when they left the case.

Klein says from this point further, there will be no other updates until the goal of finding the child is complete.
*If my aching back would let me, I’d do cartwheels in the garden.
I❤️U little Deorr

I am from SE Idaho and was living there when this case broke. I was doing a haircolor on Jessica's best friend and we got chatting about this case. I honestly don't know what happened to DeOrr, but the friend was 100% convinced Jessica would never hurt the baby.

That said, Jessica had trouble keeping her other kids, is rumored to have struggled with drugs, etc. I keep thinking the baby fell into a crevice. That area is high desert and there are rock outcroppings and cliffs EVERWHERE. My thought is they all got high and the baby wandered off. I think he fell into a rock outcropping and everyone tried to cover it up. Wonder if we'll find a resolution for baby D.

I am from SE Idaho and was living there when this case broke. I was doing a haircolor on Jessica's best friend and we got chatting about this case. I honestly don't know what happened to DeOrr, but the friend was 100% convinced Jessica would never hurt the baby.

That said, Jessica had trouble keeping her other kids, is rumored to have struggled with drugs, etc. I keep thinking the baby fell into a crevice. That area is high desert and there are rock outcroppings and cliffs EVERWHERE. My thought is they all got high and the baby wandered off. I think he fell into a rock outcropping and everyone tried to cover it up. Wonder if we'll find a resolution for baby D.
I agree they might have all got high and the baby wandered off---somewhere. But if so, they found him. And then dumped him somewhere to cover it up. I think there is a zero to none chance he fell into a crevice and was never found. I've never heard of that happening.

I agree Jessica was a poor excuse for a mother. And Vernal Deorr Dee was a poor excuse for a father.

I think that Isaac and Grandpa both saw/heard what happened. Grandpa was "shocked" but because of his health condition and Vernal telling them a BS story, he forgot all about it. Isaac didn't forget but he wouldn't say anything because of his friendship with Walton. He asked LE if they had talked to Walton not knowing that Walton had no memory of it anymore. Isaac feels if Walton wouldn't talk neither would he. Now that Walton is dead, I don't think Isaac will talk until the case is somehow solved.

Last edited:
They definitely would have been arrested in the UK as we need only “reasonable suspicion” to nick someone, interrogate them and instantly search their homes and property.

Unfortunately you usually need more firm evidence than that in the US (“probable cause”)… and with no body, no blood, no cause, and no evidence of wrong-doing other than suspicion, the police are a bit stuck.

ETA: that’s not to say they could/would have been charged with anything in the UK, but at least proper searches of homes and vehicles could have been done before the family had chance to leave the campsite and hide any evidence.
I think I like the laws better in the UK: Here in the United States parents and others can get away with a lot more because our laws of getting a search warrant are stricter and more difficult- I so agree with you that proper searches could have been done immediately of homes and vehicles before the family left the campsite.

I just went to this thread because the program about this case is showing on HLN and I googled, wondering if there was any resolution to this case.
Sadly it remains unsolved. Unless somebody tells the truth, it will not come out.

I think I like the laws better in the UK: Here in the United States parents and others can get away with a lot more because our laws of getting a search warrant are stricter and more difficult- I so agree with you that proper searches could have been done immediately of homes and vehicles before the family left the campsite.

I just went to this thread because the program about this case is showing on HLN and I googled, wondering if there was any resolution to this case.
Sadly it remains unsolved. Unless somebody tells the truth, it will not come out.
Klein Investigations is getting involved in this again.

Klein Investigations agrees to reinvestigate if $25,000 is raised to cover travel and lodging costs.

Deorr Kunz | Justice for baby Deorr

I also heard Klein say on the channel mentioned in the link above that a cooler was missing from the campsite that I never heard about before. It appears that things could finally heat up again soon.
If a cooler was missing that will say loads about what might've happened to the baby, but I'm not sure it will narrow the pool of suspicious characters at all. Still...a step in the right direction and I hope it will be followed by many more. A trail of steps can lead to answers, and if someone intentionally hurt Deorr he deserves to have the world know it.

IR’s recap of the day never changed throughout numerous interviews according to investigators. Never. The responses from the other three that were present changed numerous times, especially from mom and dad. IMO, IR is an innocent man.
Not to mention, IR is clearly not the brightest bulb in the box.

I don’t know how good he is at memorization; but LE has never been able to shake him.

What are your reasons for saying this?
They did nothing to further the case along. All he did is create a toxic environment by releasing supposed information that was contradicted by the actual people working the case. Best thing to ever happen was for them to not be involved. Philip Klein likes the sound of his own voice and he likes to be the center of attention. He does not care about actually finding Deorr.

They did nothing to further the case along. All he did is create a toxic environment by releasing supposed information that was contradicted by the actual people working the case. Best thing to ever happen was for them to not be involved. Philip Klein likes the sound of his own voice and he likes to be the center of attention. He does not care about actually finding Deorr.
Agreed. The Michael Chambers case as well. Big talk. No produce.

Not to mention, IR is clearly not the brightest bulb in the box.

I don’t know how good he is at memorization; but LE has never been able to shake him.

I think he looked quite shaken during the news interviews I saw. He said things that seemed designed to throw the interviewer off the game like "I don't have any questions"; he couldn't sit still & spent one entire interview fidgeting with something that looked like a small pipe (for smoking); and for some reason I'll never understand the camera angles are switched more than once at really crucial moments when I would've given up a tooth to see his facial expressions.

<modsnip: no link to an approved source>

Last edited by a moderator:
This case is on ID right now- I googled and read that the child's jacket that "he supposedly wore" the date he disappeared was found in Jessica's storage area.

Looks like another case where parents murdered their child but will get away with it because they did a great job of getting rid of a tiny body, which apparently is not that difficult to do. There are just too many cases like this.

This case is on ID right now- I googled and read that the child's jacket that "he supposedly wore" the date he disappeared was found in Jessica's storage area.

Looks like another case where parents murdered their child but will get away with it because they did a great job of getting rid of a tiny body, which apparently is not that difficult to do. There are just too many cases like this.
I think I posted a few months ago that it's possible the child had two of the same jacket, but I agree it's stinky suspicious. :(
Whatever happened, I hope the little guy is found. It's a heartbreaking situation no matter how it played out -or what the final outcome is.

I think he looked quite shaken during the news interviews I saw. He said things that seemed designed to throw the interviewer off the game like "I don't have any questions"; he couldn't sit still & spent one entire interview fidgeting with something that looked like a small pipe (for smoking); and for some reason I'll never understand the camera angles are switched more than once at really crucial moments when I would've given up a tooth to see his facial expressions.

<modsnip: no link to an approved source>
I should have said, they seem unable to shake his recitation of facts, as his story is the only person's who has been consistent.

Again, this is horribly sad. There are obviously tonnes of posts indicating the belief that the parents had something to do with it, along with all of the inconsistencies.

IF that is the case, my feeling is he won't be in the campground area at all.

For example if it was an accidental death - they slept all three in the truck and something very sad accidentally happened in the night and they woke up to that and panicked, then you would look at the area in Leadore, near roads, that they got lost (how?) after or before visiting the store.

He wasn't being watched properly and there were bodies of water around. If he had left grandpa and tried to get back to the parents maybe something awful happened, either way, to me the weird trip to Leadore really sticks out, as does the going half a mile down the road to get signal, the getting lost really sticks out, they had only gone to go to the shop, is that right? So to get lost is odd. There are a limited number of roads around there and a limited number of roads that are not within sight of things and he would be near to the road. Well, that's how I'd look if I believed that was what happened. It would be heart-wrenchingly sad if he did wander off and got lost somewhere at the campsite.

I don't like this story because of reading that the parents left the campsite the next day, if that is accurate I just can't imagine any reasonable scenario where your child goes missing and you know the exact spot and you have camping equipment and you don't stay there for days? I mean I would keep looking for weeks personally. It's your child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee
Back