ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody famous once wrote, "the truth shall set you free", why can't we get the truth and details cleaned up by the people at the campsite?

If they parents have nothing to hide, why aren't they doing something? Anything? News, social media, Anything. I live in Idaho, and they are either not doing anything, or they are doing a lousy job.

If they don't want to be judged by the media, then tell us the correct timeline, the details, everything. If their is no trial, then keeping everything a secret does no good.

I wonder if IR (due to his criminal history) has a driver's license?

I don't see anything on his record that would result in a loss of license. He has no DUI's. He has two infractions from 2011 for driving with an expired license and not having insurance. Neither of those would result in a suspended license for a one-time offense. It's possible he is still driving on an expired license, however, if he never went in and renewed it, which would not surprise me.... Regardless, I wouldn't want to ride in a car with him...

In this video at 2:02 you can see a bicycle in front of IR's house. So it wouldn't surprise me in the least if that was his means of transportation. Even if he has a license he may not have been able to afford the insurance after having those infractions.

[video=youtube;01DB2lqpWcs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01DB2lqpWcs[/video]
Okay am I just dense? Why would he lose his license for his record? I thought he had non driving offenses? I didn't realize they could take your license for non driving offenses except child support???

Sent from my LG-D321 using Tapatalk

Has the bike been named an O.O.I. ? (Object of Interest)

No sleuthing of inanimate objects unless they have been named as a suspect by LE.

View attachment 79036
Dude you are CRACKING ME UP this morning! We do need some comic relief sometimes. Thank you.

I would like to see the results of the polygraph. And when Deorr was last seen at
his residence.

Okay am I just dense? Why would he lose his license for his record? I thought he had non driving offenses? I didn't realize they could take your license for non driving offenses except child support???

See post #625 on this thread.

Why is having a license important? Are we trying to figure out if he drove to the campground himself? I'm sure he could have done so whether or not he had a driver's license.

I'm still trying to figure out why he was nowhere in the interview account. Could it be the parents didn't even know IR was there at the time... and for days afterwards?

Somebody famous once wrote, "the truth shall set you free", why can't we get the truth and details cleaned up by the people at the campsite?

If they parents have nothing to hide, why aren't they doing something? Anything? News, social media, Anything. I live in Idaho, and they are either not doing anything, or they are doing a lousy job.

If they don't want to be judged by the media, then tell us the correct timeline, the details, everything. If their is no trial, then keeping everything a secret does no good.
Who said there wasn't going to be a trial? They don't just deem an active case "not ever going to trial" and shrug, hand the files over to the media, and walk off."

This isn't about our curiosity it's about a little boy.

You are not dense. :) I asked because I am not familiar with US law, in a previous post I mentioned 3 infractions (one a misdemeanor but apparently it was reduced): Driving with an expired licence, driving without insurance and driving without registration. I do not know if it is possible for someone to have their driver's licence suspended and for how long after this?

You are not dense. :) I asked because I am not familiar with US law, in a previous post I mentioned 3 infractions (one a misdemeanor but apparently it was reduced): Driving with an expired licence, driving without insurance and driving without registration. I do not know if it is possible for someone to have their driver's licence suspended and for how long after this?
Gotcha. I'll see what I can find law-wise later but I don't think his convictions qualify for a license loss. IMO for now.

The only thing about the trip to the store that is bugging me is the time. 40 minutes to drive 8-10 miles(varying reports) I have grown up in the woods and camped since I was a toddler. I looked at the google earth maps and I just don't see how in the world it takes that long, in a truck especially. That's having the truck driving slightly faster than 10 miles per hour which is very close to idling along. The road looks bumpy by all means but not to that extent, I would think 40-45 minutes round-trip (20-25 each way) seems much more probable. Any locals in the area that have driven it?:moo:
I also wondered why it would take so long to drive an 8 mile long road, even if it was bumpy. I looked up on Mapquest to see how long they say it takes to drive this road. The route they measured actually is short about a mile. I couldn't get it to go all the way to the reservoir, but this does say that it takes about 42 minutes. MapQuest:
Via Swan Basin Rd 7.61 miles42 mins / 42 mins based on current traffic

I also wondered why it would take so long to drive an 8 mile long road, even if it was bumpy. I looked up on Mapquest to see how long they say it takes to drive this road. The route they measured actually is short about a mile. I couldn't get it to go all the way to the reservoir, but this does say that it takes about 42 minutes. MapQuest:

I thought the question was about the trip to the local store, not to the reservoir. ??

What also seems a little odd to me is why IR would be grandpa's friend and not JM's or DK's. I'm just thinking about the age difference and how they would know one another. Also, if I had a 2-year-old that could walk I would not leave them behind while I went "exploring" without him. Maybe I'm just a worry-wart, but I personally wouldn't leave them behind with an unstable grandfather and a strange man that I didn't even know.

Well, I'm going to sum up this case right now: TOO MANY QUESTIONS AND NOT ENOUGH ANSWERS! This case is driving me bonkers!

I agree. I got 39 minutes for 9.9 miles, from Leadore Stage Stop to Stone Reservoir. I doubt there is much traffic there...

I know we've covered this before, but as someone who worked the late shift in a small town, there is absolutely no way I could be 5 hours off on what time I saw someone come in. Maybe an hour or so, but I was staring at the clock all day trying to find out when I could close up the store for the night. As far as seeing a little blonde boy with a man in a black truck. Sure there's tons of little blonde boys and tons of black trucks, but how many could there possibly be in a town of ~100 people? If it was someone local, I think it's likely she would know them or had seen them before. I also find it odd LE was quick to discredit the sighting at Walmart, but haven't done this same with this sighting.

I've watched the interview with the parents about 8 or 10 times already. They seem steadfast that he was abducted from the campsite. The person in the background that keeps bringing up the EMT bag is largely forgotten about by the end of the interview. The topic is never discussed. I assume the parents must think it doesn't have any relevance, or not much anyway, although dad does state early on "We'll get to that in a minute". If the EMT bag had some sort of major significance, I would think they would've addressed right from the start.

As far as the abduction theory, it sounds way out there to me, but if it turns out to be factual, I would say the store clerks sighting at 6 p.m. that evening was the actual abductor himself with Deorr in tow.
Him driving a black truck was a sheer coincidence. That may be part of the investigation that they are looking further into. For instance, LE may be pulling all the surveillance camera footage they can find within 40-50 miles of that store in order to see if they can capture a black truck on camera driving through the area around the 6 p.m. sighting time.

As remote as the area is, I highly doubt there are a whole bunch of cameras set up between Leadore and the campsite, but they might get lucky. The more different roads and routes there are, the longer it will take them to round up all of the videos, if there are any. It's going to take time, obviously.

LE has been very quiet lately, but if that is the direction the case is going, you would think they would broadcast publicly that they are seeking out any video footage or game camera footage that might be available from that day, supplied by local residents and businesses along the different routes to the camping area.

Of course my initial reaction to this case was that Deorr wandered off and got lost. I'm still leaning that way, but I'll admit I'm perplexed by all the searching that has turned up nothing. I would normally roll my eyes and smirk a little bit when law enforcement claims to have conducted an "exhaustive search", because of all of the prior cases that were discussed in earlier threads in regards to that. This time however, I think they probably HAVE done an exhaustive search, and still came up empty.

How someone could manage to infiltrate a fairly flat campground in broad daylight, snatch up a child while two grown adults are standing a few feet away, without being seen coming or going , is beyond me.
Also, they stated they neither heard or saw any vehicles during this time frame. A moving vehicle creates a lot of dust on a dirt road, not to mention a lot of noise.

BBM remember too this is just a story. No back up and nobody around to verify what happened. This is what they said happened.

I keep thinking about the elderly couple that were reinterviewed and camping nearby. I wonder if they saw or heard anything and also how close they were to each other.

This story has a hundred holes. I have believed from the beginning there was something more important drawing them away than going up to explore. MOO of course.

I don't understand the terminology of the Sheriff saying they were at the scene? Scene of what? Everyone claims they were not near DeOrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654