ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again I want to post this video as we have people that weren't here for thread 1; the parents were 50 yards away and within sight of the camp.
A closer look: the campground where Deorr Kunz disappeared Updated at 5:56 pm, July 15th, 2015 By: Nate Eaton

As far as the interview with the family friend; Nate Eaton has been trying to interview him since DeOrr went missing. I'm surprise he popped his head out to say as much as he did because he knows people will have a field day with anything he says.
Family Friend at Campsite: Deorr Kunz "Just Disappeared"

Also want to say that sarx has said that SAR dogs are as good as their handlers. We do not know the find track record of the dogs brought out

On mountain lions:

Cats are nocturnal. They hunt from dusk to dawn and nap or rest during the day. Their food is plentiful this time of the year and they rarely attack humans. I discount the mountain lion theory.

I agree with you. Another point that makes me think that a mountain lion attack is unlikely in this particular scenario is that there was a 15 member wolf pack spotted by searchers. It is my understanding that, if possible, these large predators keep their respective hunting turfs separate. Given the millions of acres of suitable hunting ground, I don't imagine a mountain lion is going to be in close proximity to this wolf pack.

Mountain lions scare me...

Since they have so many people working on this case, I want to believe they might have forensic experts as well? No blood? No hair? No trace? Nothing?

About the reservoir...

After they found out about the cremains, did they abandon the idea and assumed the dogs were confused or was the reservoir completely checked several times?

Here are some articles I found on the reservoir searches.

Sonar imaging used to search reservoir: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/2...den-yield-no-clues-in-hunt-for-idaho-toddler/

Searchers search reservoir "shoulder to shoulder" using probes: http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local/idaho/2015/07/16/search-deorr-lemhi-no-trace/30262877/

Grid search of reservoir: http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/dive-crews-using-grid-system-food-coloring-in-search-for-deorr/

Once again I want to post this video as we have people that weren't here for thread 1; the parents were 50 yards away and within sight of the camp.
A closer look: the campground where Deorr Kunz disappeared Updated at 5:56 pm, July 15th, 2015 By: Nate Eaton

As far as the interview with the family friend; Nate Eaton has been trying to interview him since DeOrr went missing. I'm surprise he popped his head out to say as much as he did because he knows people will have a field day with anything he says.
Family Friend at Campsite: Deorr Kunz "Just Disappeared"

Personally, I think people are going to have MORE of a field day with someone who places themselves as one of the last people to see DeOrr (an eyewitness to whatever happened in that crucial time frame) and then uses statements like "as far as I know." If he just outright told us what had happened, from whatever vantage point he had, it would have been far less suspicious.

Lovely pics of DeOrr and his family arranged in a slideshow - heartbreaking.

[video=youtube;BL0Gv9PiaLY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL0Gv9PiaLY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL0Gv9PiaLY[/video]

I wonder if, consciously or not, mom took that to indicate that they would take the situation more seriously if he was gone more than an hour...like if she thought the operator asking that was because it would impact reaction time. I can see myself sort of agreeing with someone during a stressful conversation like that. Idk.

When I listened to the 911 call from the mother I believe the operator said the father was calling too.. something like she had the father on the line or something.. anyway.. is there a transcript of the father's call to 911?

When I listened to the 911 call from the mother I believe the operator said the father was calling too.. something like she had the father on the line or something.. anyway.. is there a transcript of the father's call to 911?

I really wish they would release the dad's 911 call.

I agree, it doesn't seem to indicate an understanding of the level of self help skills of a child who is not even 2 years old! They can't just be expected to toddle off and find their parents in an unfamiliar place, nor is that safe for the child!

I don't disagree, although Deorr is nearly three.

Here are some articles I found on the reservoir searches.

Sonar imaging used to search reservoir: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/2...den-yield-no-clues-in-hunt-for-idaho-toddler/

Thanks. I checked this article again and I know we have been discussing they talk about vehicles.

What information do we have on the following?:

How many vehicles they had and who was driving each? Did the parents and little Deorr came separately or everyone reached at the campsite at the same time? Do they have a tent or a camper?

On mountain lions:

Cats are nocturnal. They hunt from dusk to dawn and nap or rest during the day. Their food is plentiful this time of the year and they rarely attack humans. I discount the mountain lion theory.

Many sources state lions often hunt during the day in wilderness areas and most children have indeed been attacked during the day. Mountain lion attacks have increased significantly as have documented sightings. There are plenty cats in the Salmon-Challis National Forest where hunting of them as big game is allowed.

Also want to say that sarx has said that SAR dogs are as good as their handlers. We do not know the find track record of the dogs brought out

Well, according to sheriff:

"He said given the proven expertise of the dogs the boy should have been found the first day".

Well, according to sheriff:

"He said given the proven expertise of the dogs the boy should have been found the first day".

Do you have a link? Below is what I'm seeing after googling what you wrote. My gut has always felt he fell down that hill, then was washed away in the creek and was farther then where they started looking.

SHERIFF REPORTS TO COMMISSIONERS 7-13-15 LMS

Sheriff Lynn Bowerman told the Lemhi County Commissioners Monday, July 13, that based on the intense and extensive search conducted near Leadore for two year old Deorr Kunz Jr., it doesn’t make sense that the boy was not found.

Bowerman said the trained search dogs found nothing and kept coming back to the camp.

Personally, I think people are going to have MORE of a field day with someone who places themselves as one of the last people to see DeOrr (an eyewitness to whatever happened in that crucial time frame) and then uses statements like "as far as I know." If he just outright told us what had happened, from whatever vantage point he had, it would have been far less suspicious.

Sorry, I'm not fully awake. I agree 100% that his words were a poor choice

I find it very odd that GGrandfather is deemed by LE to be too incapacitated both mentally and physically to be considered a POI, yet we are relying on statements he made as to what he thought happened such as timing, thinking he was with his parents, didn't know he was supposed to be watching him, etc. Either he is a reliable source of information or he isn't..but LE leads us to believe he isn't.

If friend (who was supposedly unknown by the parents until this camping trip) was also considered to be watching the child, then it would only seem natural that his presence would have been noted early on as another person weighing in on what happened, yet he was never mentioned in parent interview or even by LE in the initial descriptions of people's reports of what happened.

That leads me to think that either he was inside the tent (if there was one) or asleep or somehow otherwise not involved in watching the child. His answer in the interview was so non-committal in regards to DeOrr that it was not clear if he was present or aware of the child, although LE has now said he was at least physically present.

I am not sleuthing him, I am just puzzled that given the description of GG-grandfather's limited ability to provide reliable info, that this friend was not the main person that the parents and LE would have quoted as a source of information right away.

I have seen different posters with eye color listed as blue, brown and hazel.

The blue is a mistake that Missing and Exploited Children's web did not correct yet.

Deorr's mom said his eyes are brown but sometimes they look hazel.

I watched the slideshow of little Deorr. This looked like something that is done for a memorial service to celebrate the life and mourn the death of someone. I do not know the origin of this but the "speaker" in the text indicates these are the mother's thoughts. This seemed to be a professionally done presentation. Photos, music, copy etc. Is there in fact a service planned? A pancake breakfast? A spaghetti dinner? Some kind of fundraiser? I am not understanding......I find it premature, or out of context or something. Where did it originate? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966