ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From July 14 California news story "They assured me there is 100 percent no chance that he is in that water, around that water," said Kunz Sr.

http://www.news10.net/story/news/nation-now/2015/07/14/toddler-goes-missing-while-camping/30128543/

So, not in water, not abducted and not taken by wild animals. Many years ago there was a little girl abducted . I knew one of the detectives on the case. They brought in a psychic. He led them right to the body! The first thing they did was give the psychic a polygraph! Now i realize there are a lot of crazies out there who think they have powers or may even have some extra "sense" but there are some little grandmas and grandpas who do "see" things. They dont see them in every case and how do you vet the truly tuned in from the hysterical one..BUT.. i am going to bet that every police department has someone they use... AT THIS STAGE, if the FBI comes up empty, i really see no harm in bringing in the psychics. We may never know they did that but i am going to hope and bet that they will. I also think that random people who do not think of themselves as psychics get "feelings" and see things in their head and are drawn to a case and call in tips. I hope, since LE appears to be stumped, they listen to civilian psychic impressions as another tool. JMO

Sweet lil DeOrr, where could he be?

In looking at the area, being so remote, why would the parents even think that lil DeOrr was abducted. Abduction would be the last thing that I suspected.

Something else that I find odd is JM's ex doing a short interview, to me it's strange

From July 14 California news story "They assured me there is 100 percent no chance that he is in that water, around that water," said Kunz Sr.

http://www.news10.net/story/news/nation-now/2015/07/14/toddler-goes-missing-while-camping/30128543/

So, not in water, not abducted and not taken by wild animals. Many years ago there was a little girl abducted . I knew one of the detectives on the case. They brought in a psychic. He led them right to the body! The first thing they did was give the psychic a polygraph! Now i realize there are a lot of crazies out there who think they have powers or may even have some extra "sense" but there are some little grandmas and grandpas who do "see" things. They dont see them in every case and how do you vet the truly tuned in from the hysterical one..BUT.. i am going to bet that every police department has someone they use... AT THIS STAGE, if the FBI comes up empty, i really see no harm in bringing in the psychics. We may never know they did that but i am going to hope and bet that they will. I also think that random people who do not think of themselves as psychics get "feelings" and see things in their head and are drawn to a case and call in tips. I hope, since LE appears to be stumped, they listen to civilian psychic impressions as another tool. JMO

No, LE did not say "not taken by wild animals". What they did say was, there is no evidence of that having happened. Thing is, there appears to be NO evidence of anything having happened.

My money is still on the cat, second only to a bit of hanky panky on a more intimate level, and that seems a bit far fetched to me.

My opinion only

I still feel he is in the water somewhere...

sbm

This was a difference in what each of these poster's have seen or experienced. One person says it's unusual for parents to praise SAR when their child is still missing. Another person says they've seen many cases where parents have praised searchers when their child is still missing.

Perhaps instead of asking for 'links', it would have been better wording to ask for some examples of cases where the parents did that. I too would be curious to know of some examples where the parents highly praised SAR when the child was still missing - and better yet would like to know the outcomes of such cases.

A better response than to say 'nope - you either believe me or you don't', would have been to provide a few examples or say you can't think of any of the top off your head or don't have time right now, etc.

Just my two cents (since this keeps coming up). BTW, no offense to anyone but I usually don't believe anyone unless they convince me. 😜

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Just off the top of my head and before my morning coffee, it's been done by William Tyrell's family while it was still a SAR mission. They had to release the statement through detectives though because laws prevented foster family's names from being used.

Abigail Hernandez ' s mother released a few statements and did interviews thanking SAR and LEO before (and after) her captor released her.

The boys missing off the coast of Florida families have thanked the Coast Guard for their SAR efforts.

Sweet lil DeOrr, where could he be?

In looking at the area, being so remote, why would the parents even think that lil DeOrr was abducted. Abduction would be the last thing that I suspected.

Something else that I find odd is JM's ex doing a short interview, to me it's strange

Abduction = a chance he's till alive

Virtually no other scenario offers that hope.

I also don't know that it's that unusual for her ex -- the father of DeOrr's two half siblings -- to do an interview. He may act as a stepfather or consider himself a stepfather. His kids are having a hard time, too, and maybe this gives him a feeling of helping/doing something.

<modsnip>

Danielle Van Damm's parents were asked if they were happy with LE before their daughter's body was found:
http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0202/06/lkl.00.html

Another, Susan Powell's parents praised police's search efforts. Their daughter has never been found: http://www.ksl.com/?sid=12373803

Here's another- Apryl Foster's parents praising LE's search efforts. http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...lance-images-of-missing-brandon-woman/2218335

I'm just going to say ...

I often thank my kids (or someone else) while they are actively helping out rather than waiting until we've finished a task. I don't find it odd that parents would thank people who are desperately searching for their kids whether or not there've been results. (Even though obviously that's on an incredibly different level of experience). It's just how some of us were raised. That's not to say not thanking people until a task is done is wrong -- it's just not how everyone does it.

Long time follower, first time posting. One thing I truely can not get out of my mind was the kidnapper, Penton. He was brasin, ordinary looking, and not always a planner. Is it crazy to develop a theory that, while at the convince store, Deorr caught the eye of a someone? I'm a Chatty Cathy, I would probably explain to the attendant, "My son is upset from being in the car for a long time. We are going camping." Wouldn't that provide just enough information? Knowledge of the area, an experience woodsman, and an experienced abductor would be able to grab the boy without being seen. One would not have to drive up to the site. If the parents did search for an hour, then someone could have parked down the road, walked to the location, waited for his oppurtunity, and easily enticed a toddler away enough to grab and go.

When you take a polygraph - do they tell you that you passed or failed? I know this has been asked in other cases and I think that they don't really come out and say congratulations you passed!

IIRC in the Elaina Steinfurth case both the so called mother and boyfriend were told they passed polys however this was LE giving them a false sense of security. Both had failed. This case reminds me a lot of Baby Elaina.

In other cases I've seen LE report results as inconclusive or no comment. It always seems to me when results are not reported it means they have something significant JMO

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I agree. I also believe if you are in the service industry, I am an RN, you know how much a thank you can be motivating. Showing apprication only shows that the parents understand the hardship involved in the search. Searchers leaving their own families, getting emotionally involved, and providing support to the parents. I think it is more concerning when a thank you is not said often and frequently.

hi everyone, I really like reading all the input and opinions on here. I decided to join last night since I haven't read any comments on here about the People article referring to the part where Deorr's grandpa{who he lived with} said something at end of the second paragraph. I read it was discussed about the 4 minutes but don't remember anyone commenting what he said in 2nd paragragh. He says "her baby is gone". I hope im reading that the wrong way, but wouldn't he just say her baby is missing? tia I keep praying they find Deorr soon.

Just off the top of my head and before my morning coffee, it's been done by William Tyrell's family while it was still a SAR mission. They had to release the statement through detectives though because laws prevented foster family's names from being used.

Abigail Hernandez ' s mother released a few statements and did interviews thanking SAR and LEO before (and after) her captor released her.

The boys missing off the coast of Florida families have thanked the Coast Guard for their SAR efforts.

I think it was DKs entire demeanor...the excessive praise at a very early point in the investigation, the near manic speed of speech, the controling tendency to speak over JM, and the general minutia and irrelevant material brought up that might set off alarms. Having said that, I once called the police when my puppy went missing and hysterically begged for their help so I imagine I might behave illogically or even insane given the same set of circumstances.

I think it was DKs entire demeanor...the excessive praise at a very early point in the investigation, the near manic speed of speech, the controling tendency to speak over JM, and the general minutia and irrelevant material brought up that might set off alarms. Having said that, I once called the police when my puppy went missing and hysterically begged for their help so I imagine I might behave illogically or even insane given the same set of circumstances.

Yeah, I can't too much importance on how someone acts or what words they use in a situation like this. People sometimes shut down during emergencies. Sometimes they become hysterical, sometimes they become preternaturally logical and sometimes they don't seem any different than usual. I think it's really hard to say how any of us would react unless we'd actually been in that situation, and even then, we are all different. My husband reacts to emergencies much differently than I do, for example. I would hope that no one would judge us simply because of our demeanors.

There may be reasons for LE to look at or not look at the parents (parents of missing kids in general), but this is definitely not one of them.

(modsnip)

Long time follower, first time posting. One thing I truely can not get out of my mind was the kidnapper, Penton. He was brasin, ordinary looking, and not always a planner. Is it crazy to develop a theory that, while at the convince store, Deorr caught the eye of a someone? I'm a Chatty Cathy, I would probably explain to the attendant, "My son is upset from being in the car for a long time. We are going camping." Wouldn't that provide just enough information? Knowledge of the area, an experience woodsman, and an experienced abductor would be able to grab the boy without being seen. One would not have to drive up to the site. If the parents did search for an hour, then someone could have parked down the road, walked to the location, waited for his oppurtunity, and easily enticed a toddler away enough to grab and go.

hi everyone, I really like reading all the input and opinions on here. I decided to join last night since I haven't read any comments on here about the People article referring to the part where Deorr's grandpa{who he lived with} said something at end of the second paragraph. I read it was discussed about the 4 minutes but don't remember anyone commenting what he said in 2nd paragragh. He says "her baby is gone". I hope im reading that the wrong way, but wouldn't he just say her baby is missing? tia I keep praying they find Deorr soon.
Welcome to WS!!

Yeah, I can't too much importance on how someone acts or what words they use in a situation like this. People sometimes shut down during emergencies. Sometimes they become hysterical, sometimes they become preternaturally logical and sometimes they don't seem any different than usual. I think it's really hard to say how any of us would react unless we'd actually been in that situation, and even then, we are all different. My husband reacts to emergencies much differently than I do, for example. I would hope that no one would judge us simply because of our demeanors.

There may be reasons for LE to look at or not look at the parents (parents of missing kids in general), but this is definitely not one of them.
I am going to disagree.. there is a TOTAL picture to be viewed. Demeanor, speech (not reverse speech) control, actions etc all play into how principals are viewed by LE and the public at large. Perfect example is when people say "oh they lawyered up" DAMN RIGHT! Never talk to the cops without a lawyer.. that is self-preservation 101. I wouldnt bat an eye if these people did get lawyers.. they are foolish not to. No, none of us would know how we would react but there are certain commonalities and certain things that would send up a red flag. Trying to control the media. trying to control others opinions, others speculations, lack of information, not appearing on the news and talk shows and whatever you need to do to get his photo out there ESPECIALLY if you believe he was abducted, is counter productive to the goal of returning the baby. Missing and exploited children encourage media exposure.

People are going to talk no matter what you do.. WHO CARES?????????? JMO

I am going to disagree.. there is a TOTAL picture to be viewed. Demeanor, speech (not reverse speech) control, actions etc all play into how principals are viewed by LE and the public at large. Perfect example is when people say "oh they lawyered up" DAMN RIGHT! Never talk to the cops without a lawyer.. that is self-preservation 101. I wouldnt bat an eye if these people did get lawyers.. they are foolish not to. No, none of us would know how we would react but there are certain commonalities and certain things that would send up a red flag. Trying to control the media. trying to control others opinions, others speculations, lack of information, not appearing on the news and talk shows and whatever you need to do to get his photo out there ESPECIALLY if you believe he was abducted, is counter productive to the goal of returning the baby. Missing and exploited children encourage media exposure.

People are going to talk no matter what you do.. WHO CARES?????????? JMO

I'd consider those things concrete actions -- you choose a lawyer, you refuse to talk to the press, etc. That's different (again, jmo and only my opinion) than judging -- for lack of a better word -- someone's behavior based solely on their emotion or apparent lack thereof during interviews. When I'm in a bad situation, I am usually quite calm. I have no idea why because I'm not a naturally calm person. I am more likely to be highly emotional in my day-to-day life, but when something traumatic happens, I'm like a whole other person -- as though my body goes on auto-pilot. It is horrifying to think that my body's natural reaction could lead everyone to think I'd done something awful. (Meanwhile, my husband, who is a highly trained professional with first responder training and NIMS training can completely keep his head in other people's emergencies but totally loses his mind in personal emergencies -- which might make him look guilty in a completely different way).

** And personally, if I were in a situation like this, I'd almost certainly get a lawyer not because I was guilty but because, well, we have one in the family and I'd be stupid not to talk to him but also because I'd want help navigating this scary world in which I found myself. I'd know that every detail of my life would be combed through and every past mistake dug up (and I've never even committed a crime! But people can put whatever slant on anything they want, as I've seen time and again), and I'd want a buffer, if you will, between myself and the now-scary world.

All of this is just my opinion and personal experience and should be taken for what it's worth.

Hey Tezi!! :wave: Long time no "see"!!

I still feel he is in the water somewhere...

Yes, me too. I believe he's "hidden" in the creek and the searchers just missed him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webrowser