ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet lil DeOrr, where could he be?

In looking at the area, being so remote, why would the parents even think that lil DeOrr was abducted. Abduction would be the last thing that I suspected.

Something else that I find odd is JM's ex doing a short interview, to me it's strange

If that's the interview I saw, I think they interviewed him as "just a civilian searcher". What are the chances that of all the people out there, the one they interviewed is JM's ex-husband? Maybe ithey chose him because he's good-looking. I was also surprised to see that. He has been very supportive of the family in his SM postings.

Davis was not at the news conference Monday evening because he was meeting with the Thomas family. Noah's parents, Paul Thomas and Ashley White, have been cooperating with authorities, Davis said.

Earlier Monday, Davis said that they did not suspect foul play in regards to Thomas’ disappearance.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/dev...s-office-searching-for-missing-child/31952240

The county even paid for a room for the parents while they searched for him which goes back to the "good buddies" scenario:

A source close to the investigation interviewed for this report confirmed that during the initial stages of the investigation, the county paid for White and Thomas to stay in the hotel room.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/n...cle_2eb0c3cf-4196-5d23-8e16-e73b21f42e61.html

I know the circumstances of both cases and they are not all that different: Parents claim their child wandered off (one from the house and other from campsite). Parents are said to be cooperating fully with LE. Check. Parents are not POIs in Noah's case and yet Parents are openly called POIs in this case. (So that is different because you would expect it to be the other way around) LE stated they did not suspect foul play. Check. LE stated parents were distraught or otherwise & acted sympathetic. Check. LE provided a place for Noah's parents to stay giving parents a sense of trust and sympathy. This case has LE throwing around language to do the same. Check. Adult was said to be present when Noah disappeared. Adult was said to be present when DeOrr disappeared. Check.

Frankly, I see many similarities. Granted, they found Noah on the 5th day and this has stretched into 3 weeks. However, we can't use that as a sticking point. Until DeOrr is actually found, we won't know exactly where he disappeared from. It could be logical to conclude it was the campsite at that time, but maybe not.

I stand corrected Seriously. You're right. In Noah's case they did also state they did not suspect foul play.

Nevertheless, the cases differ to me in many aspects. I always suspect parents first because statistically that's the reality. But when you start adding features like multiple accomplices and an elaborate cover up, it becomes illogical and not tenable. To me.

Sweet lil DeOrr, where could he be?

In looking at the area, being so remote, why would the parents even think that lil DeOrr was abducted. Abduction would be the last thing that I suspected.

Something else that I find odd is JM's ex doing a short interview, to me it's strange

Because if he was abducted that's the only way he could possibly remain alive.

I am still leaning toward the baby having wandered off and either succumbed to water or the elements. As far as animals, I am not sold on him being snatched up by them, but if he were out in the elements and either asleep, injured or expired, then I can imagine a scenario in which animals saw him as prey. :(

I am wondering if the friend was off fishing when the parents went exploring and if the baby could have followed him instead of the parents? He might have just followed the closest familiar adult and either fallen or gotten lost or whatever other theory may be considered in that case.

Surely LE has looked closely at where any fishing by this individual might have been doing, whether at the creek or at the reservoir.

Just off the top of my head and before my morning coffee, it's been done by William Tyrell's family while it was still a SAR mission. They had to release the statement through detectives though because laws prevented foster family's names from being used.

Abigail Hernandez ' s mother released a few statements and did interviews thanking SAR and LEO before (and after) her captor released her.

The boys missing off the coast of Florida families have thanked the Coast Guard for their SAR efforts.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share these. I will read up on them as soon as I'm in front of my computer. Watching the JM and DK interview, it wasn't just that DK thanked LE and SAR. (I would expect parents to say something nice about the people hunting for their kids, even if deep down they are frustrated at the lack of success.) It was the inordinate amount of time and attention to detail given to describing the search efforts that I found disconcerting. Also, when asked to tell about what happened that day, DK started with the 911 call, rather than what was going on that morning and afternoon leading up to DeOrr's disappearance. That is not the way I have been led to believe most parents will tell the story of their child's disappearance. In my mind, the main event is the child's disappearance, not the 911 call or the SAR helicopter. (modsnip)

MODS - if I'm not allowed to refer to a book, please snip. I'm assuming I can't link to his website since it's not MSM.

skinny cat:

In looking at the area, being so remote, why would the parents even think that lil DeOrr was abducted. Abduction would be the last thing that I suspected

I guess because it has happened before to other parents in campgrounds.

I'm trying to recall the one case in the United States a few decades or so ago, does anyone recall the name? Not this one: On Sept. 1, 1975, Kurt Ronald Newton of Manchester vanished from Natanis Point Campground in Chain of Ponds in western Maine near the Quebec border. He was 4 at the time.

Closed for review and clean up of FB garbage.

ADMIN NOTE:
I turned my head to allow discussion of a few FB statements by the grandmother. Now you guys have crossed the line and shown complete disregard for TOS, and disrespect toward the staff.

So going forward, TO's will be issued for any hint of a discussion about a FB post. You can still say "see post by XX". Anything more will earn you a vacation. Don't look for a warning, because you won't be receiving another one.

The thread is open for posting.

I'd consider those things concrete actions -- you choose a lawyer, you refuse to talk to the press, etc. That's different (again, jmo and only my opinion) than judging -- for lack of a better word -- someone's behavior based solely on their emotion or apparent lack thereof during interviews. When I'm in a bad situation, I am usually quite calm. I have no idea why because I'm not a naturally calm person. I am more likely to be highly emotional in my day-to-day life, but when something traumatic happens, I'm like a whole other person -- as though my body goes on auto-pilot. It is horrifying to think that my body's natural reaction could lead everyone to think I'd done something awful. (Meanwhile, my husband, who is a highly trained professional with first responder training and NIMS training can completely keep his head in other people's emergencies but totally loses his mind in personal emergencies -- which might make him look guilty in a completely different way).

** And personally, if I were in a situation like this, I'd almost certainly get a lawyer not because I was guilty but because, well, we have one in the family and I'd be stupid not to talk to him but also because I'd want help navigating this scary world in which I found myself. I'd know that every detail of my life would be combed through and every past mistake dug up (and I've never even committed a crime! But people can put whatever slant on anything they want, as I've seen time and again), and I'd want a buffer, if you will, between myself and the now-scary world.

All of this is just my opinion and personal experience and should be taken for what it's worth.

My concern is what was said and not said, not how it was said. We all behave and react differently and have different demeanors. But the focus in a missing person case is usually on the missing person first and everything else second. This video was posted in another thread I follow here on WS. It's a talk by a defense attorney and a police detective explaining why no one, even innocent people, should talk to LE without hiring a lawyer first. https://youtu.be/6wXkI4t7nuc

I stand corrected Seriously. You're right. In Noah's case they did also state they did not suspect foul play.

Nevertheless, the cases differ to me in many aspects. I always suspect parents first because statistically that's the reality. But when you start adding features like multiple accomplices and an elaborate cover up, it becomes illogical and not tenable. To me.
So sad but true. That's why parents and, in cases involving adults, spouses and SO's are POI's by default; and why I don't place much significance on that term. (It's LE's actions that are telling.)

But while my first inclination might be to suspect a parent, before I make a public statement, I consider the harm my words will do to an already tortured human being if I'm wrong. So with the exception of the most obvious cases, I always give the benefit of the doubt to the parents.

I've also been around long enough to understand that appearances really can be deceiving, and I don't always know what I think I know. When I accept that, I see more clearly. A dash of humility is good for one's inner vision.

:seeya: NEW THREAD ALERT...

I'll be back in a few minutes with the link, and will move over some posts from this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earworm