ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think the FBI will let the public know how things are going or will they just wait until there is proof of what happened? this is so sad

They will wait. I've never known the FBI to talk about anything. Just suddenly, they give an answer.

I have a question about finding somebody in the water...How do you know for sure, the person stumbled in and drowned and it was not the cause of another person putting them in there? It's all so sad to even contemplate.

Good question.

Here's another case - California again: Travis Zweig, age 6, disappeared in 1991 while at a friend's cabin where his dad was chopping wood. But, while no one heard anything, and there was no trace of him - no blood, no clothes, hair, etc., they did find huge paw prints and drag marks nearby.

The boy was never found: http://articles.latimes.com/1991-03-13/news/mn-244_1_lost-boy

My knowledge is based entirely on TV shows, but I thought people who drowned had water in their lungs. If they're already dead, their lungs don't fill with water as they do if you die by drowning.

This is exactly what I learned from M.E. Rodgers on Law & Order.

I think the stolen EMT bag, if true, is interesting for a couple of reasons. My son used to be an EMT and he still carries a bag in his truck. He is very careful to hide it from view because he says the 'drugs' inside of it are very tempting to thieves.

So it makes me wonder if some druggie/thieves were out and about in the immediate area, looking for things to steal. It makes it seem more likely that lil DeOrr might have been abducted. JMO

Since your son is no longer an EMT, how does he get the drugs? If he had them left from before, wouldn't they be expired? Also, I never knew EMTs carried and administered drugs that would interest druggies/thieves. Interesting.

I am not sure how they do it, but my son gave us one for Christmas and it had some prescription drugs in it. It was legal to buy though, so I don't know how it is marketed. Maybe because he has his EMT license he can do it?

they are not sold with drugs.
They need a prescription for the drugs.

If the bag was stolen from a hypothetical vehicle in the vicinity of the family's campsite wouldn't that mean the owners would have been near the campsite? Possibly near the time Deorr went missing? Maybe hikers? I would hope the vehicle would be checked for prints if this theory was correct.

Guys, you are WEBSLEUTHS, why is it taking 4 pages of thread to suss out what's in an EMT bag? a simple Google search is all that is required.
First result that comes up when I punch in "what is in an EMT bag?"

https://www.google.ca/search?q=what...l5.3023j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

ALS/prescription drugs: This area is a no-go zone for many teams for a variety of reasons. If the medic is authorized by a physician Medical Director, they may be authorized to be an ALS provider. Our team has an AED and first-line ACLS drugs. In addition we carry aspirin, nitroglycerin, albuterol (Proventil), ondansetron (Zofran) and ketorolac tromethamine (Toradol), a non-narcotic NSAID analgesic drug.

So WHO is an EMT?

Hi Eileen! I assumed it was one of the first responders' bag. They had over 300 searchers from several different search and rescue departments.

Katydid, I'd perhaps edit your post about your son giving you an EMT bag with drugs included. Or maybe I misread your post.

Why all the talk about a stolen EMT bag? I figured it was found in the Kunz's truck as in they had it with them in case of an emergency medical issue.

Guys, you are WEBSLEUTHS, why is it taking 4 pages of thread to suss out what's in an EMT bag? a simple Google search is all that is required.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=what...l5.3023j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

ALS/prescription drugs: This area is a no-go zone for many teams for a variety of reasons. If the medic is authorized by a physician Medical Director, they may be authorized to be an ALS provider. Our team has an AED and first-line ACLS drugs. In addition we carry aspirin, nitroglycerin, albuterol (Proventil), ondansetron (Zofran) and ketorolac tromethamine (Toradol), a non-narcotic NSAID analgesic drug.

All true. But in theory, a thief seizing on opportunity would probably not Google to see what was in such a bag if they saw one through a car window..they might just assume it had some in it, especially if they were a user or thought there might be some value in them.

Here's another case - California again: Travis Zweig, age 6, disappeared in 1991 while at a friend's cabin where his dad was chopping wood. But, while no one heard anything, and there was no trace of him - no blood, no clothes, hair, etc., they did find huge paw prints and drag marks nearby.

The boy was never found: http://articles.latimes.com/1991-03-13/news/mn-244_1_lost-boy

gitana1, I TOO keep finding case, after case, after case of mostly (not all) children who have "disappeared" while camping, scouting, hiking, etc in forest, national forests, state parks, campgrounds, etc. Just adjust the search criteria and new cases keep jumping up. Now if one simply searches mountain lion/cougar attack they will only find "documented" cases. We have been "told" that lion attacks happen infrequently when that really is the furthest from the truth. The numbers are quite astonishing. Just simple reading tells us these cats can and do live anywhere that deer live and where there is cover. Any climate - any elevation! Thanks for your research.

EMT bags come with a variety of contents and some even come empty. Check out eBay.

All true. But in theory, a thief seizing on opportunity would probably not Google to see what was in such a bag if they saw one through a car window..they might just assume it had some in it, especially if they were a user or thought there might be some value in them.

Touché.

I dont think it has anything to do with anything!

What I find STRANGE is going camping with the GGF who I read is not mentally with it and his strange friend add a baby. Why were they really out there? jmo

To go camping. Camping is a lot of fun and I believe someone referenced the area as one of GGF's favorite sites. Mom and Dad go with their kid and bring GGF (maybe that was the main purpose of the trip?), why wouldn't he want a friend there to hang out with and talk to?

To be fair we have no idea how mentally "not with it" GGP is. I'm going to assume he's at least mentally with it enough to enjoy and appreciate some time in the outdoors.

So not being a camper I have to imagine the setting from which DeOrr went missing. I think to myself that with what I read it has to be out in the middle of nowhere so how could he be abducted?

Somebody would see or hear something don't you think?

Then I hear of two elderly folks putting remains in the reservoir and now hearing of a break in of a truck which I am guessing was also in the general area.

I, personally, would love to know just how many folks were in the say one mile radius of this campsite.

Anybody know or have any idea from what we have read everywhere?

To go camping. Camping is a lot of fun and I believe someone referenced the area as one of GGF's favorite sites. Mom and Dad go with their kid and bring GGF (maybe that was the main purpose of the trip?), why wouldn't he want a friend there to hang out with and talk to?

To be fair we have no idea how mentally "not with it" GGP is. I'm going to assume he's at least mentally with it enough to enjoy and appreciate some time in the outdoors.

You read my mind. I keep thinking what a sweet thing to do taking GGP to his favorite camping spot. How many young couples do that?

The mistake this young couple made was leaving young DeOrr with GGP who isn't probably at his best watching small children.

I am sure if they could take back that moment in time they surely would do that.

So not being a camper I have to imagine the setting from which DeOrr went missing. I think to myself that with what I read it has to be out in the middle of nowhere so how could he be abducted?

Somebody would see or hear something don't you think?

Then I hear of two elderly folks putting remains in the reservoir and now hearing of a break in of a truck which I am guessing was also in the general area.

I, personally, would love to know just how many folks were in the say one mile radius of this campsite.

Anybody know or have any idea from what we have read everywhere?

From looking at the maps, it doesn't look like there would be many people within a mile of the campground. When you live in a rural place, "nearby" could mean 10 or 20 miles away.

Who said they had an EMT bag?

Could it be there was an EMPTY bag in the truck?

Whose truck? The Kuntz truck? If either an EMT bag or an empty bag were stolen from that truck, I'd say that was a highly suspicious circumstance -- but the police may also want to keep that quiet.

Is this actually a fact or something people are surmising?

Does the author have any theories? Or any advice on how to prevent the abductions/disappearances?

I read the article, and actually listened to the video too, although it ventures into paranormal things.

I don't think he has one theory however, its a mystery.

It does seem however, he gathered a lot of statistics for the book, talked to tons of people including the park rangers, their bosses, and the higher ups in govt Park Services, although the further up the ladder the more quiet they get and clam up.
They won't release the information he requested through the Freedom of Information act although perhaps he was asking for too much beyond just statistics, I don't know.

But it does sound rather eerie, over a 100-120 year period especially in the National Parks (a large cluster in Yosemite) to have that many missing people without answers.

I thought maybe there is a ban on talking to him because it could cut down on tourism and income although thats a bit far fetched too to believe this. But when we think about it, making it a big public issue too about safety in the national parks could indeed be akin to bad Press.

I dont think it has anything to do with anything!

What I find STRANGE is going camping with the GGF who I read is not mentally with it and his strange friend add a baby. Why were they really out there? jmo

More than a few of us have shared our enjoyment of camping. We (my family) like to go a few times a year, and we prefer to go during the off-season when the crowds are gone. Many people do things that maybe look odd or strange from the outside, but they're a part of their normal ritual. Simply going camping with your grandfather and his friend isn't terribly odd in my book. Heck, my in-laws take the entire family camping -- about five individual families -- at least once a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member