ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(O/T, a question: has anybody here ever seen a case where a two year old child was randomly (or not randomly) abducted & murdered by an RSO? I'm trying to think of one but nothing is coming to mind. Tia.)

Short answer is NO, very few 2 yr olds are randomly abducted by RSO's. But I think that is mostly because there are very few opportunities to do so. MOST 2 yr olds have close supervision. So it is the 9 yr old riding a bike that is the more likely target.

But we do know that RSO's do randomly abduct their prey when given the opportunity. So if a 2 yr old was wandering the campground alone, and an RSO was to see him, it could happen quickly. JMO

I would hope not, but his Pocatello address is the north corner of Ballard Road and Poleline Ext - that's a little strange. Surely in this day and age, even rural Pocatello would have street addresses. Is he living in a tent or something? How can he receive mail?

I know for the RSOs I have looked up that live near me, they don't provide the actual address in the database, just an estimate ("100 block of Main Street", for example).

(Another question: in all these cases, we are first to link the RSOs in the area, and obviously rightfully so. One thing I find interesting though is that out the hundreds of cases I've personally followed on ws, it has never turned out that one of the RSOs actually linked in the thread turned out to be the actual perp, that I've seen (they are usually not on the list)...has anyone seen a thread here where an RSO was linked here initially and that turned out to be the abductor? Just wondering!! Tia.)

Who still thinks someone went up this horrible impassable road to idle out and dump cremains in that reservoir? In the middle of the initial search?
Buying valuable time for a possible abductor by drawing the dogs to the water there?
The road that no one would ever want to go up?
Also you can remarry after a divorce just like you can get rebaptized:thinking:
jmho

Good point.
I have to wonder why a RSO would give an interview in a case such as this one knowing full well that anyone/everyone would find out about their status?
Why insert oneself into a case like this when you are a RSO?
jmo

I know that in the Jessica Lunsford tragedy, the killer registered with a false address. He used an address that he rarely used. In fact, he was living across the street from the Lunsfords in a trailer. :mad:

(Another question: in all these cases, we are first to link the RSOs in the area, and obviously rightfully so. One thing I find interesting though is that out the hundreds of cases I've personally followed on ws, it has never turned out that one of the RSOs actually linked in the thread turned out to be the actual perp, that I've seen (they are usually not on the list)...has anyone seen a thread here where an RSO was linked here initially and that turned out to be the abductor? Just wondering!! Tia.)

Hey Margarita...not that I remember even when I was on InSessions.

I don't know of any cases involving a toddler being abducted/killed by a RSO. Plenty of older (in the range of 8-10) have been.
I guess lots of them are never caught.
If they never find DeOrr and this happened to him (not saying it did) then it wouldn't be in the statistics either.
Some RSO's are crafty creatures. You'd have to think the primitive nature of areas like the one near Leadore lure some of them. Leadore LE was said to have 2 phone lines. Where are all the children going that are missing from our National Parks?
jmho

A little older than a toddler, but Westley Allan Dodd adbucted a 4-year-old from a park and later murdered him. He had molested several kids before that, and had been arrested several times. He murdered 2 other kids, and was finally caught trying to kidnap a kid from a movie theatre.

I know that in the Jessica Lunsford tragedy, the killer registered with a false address. He used an address that he rarely used. In fact, he was living across the street from the Lunsfords in a trailer. :mad:

And it was a crime of opportunity because the dad wasn't home that night...just the grandparents :(

Who still thinks someone went up this horrible impassable road to idle out and dump cremains in that reservoir? In the middle of the initial search?
Buying valuable time for a possible abductor by drawing the dogs to the water there?
The road that no one would ever want to go up?
Also you can remarry after a divorce just like you can get rebaptized:thinking:
jmho

BBM, the cremains being dumped in the reservoir has always bothered me for several reasons. Why then? Why do it during a search for a missing toddler? Why was she allowed to dump cremains during an active search in a missing persons case? Was the area not closed off to the general public as to not to interfere with the search?

OH, I just thought of one that might fit, other than the victim's age. A woman walked her 6 yr old nephew to the campground men's room in Calif, and a sick evil RSO was inside, and he slit the boy's throat in minutes. :cry:

Good point.
I have to wonder why a RSO would give an interview in a case such as this one knowing full well that anyone/everyone would find out about their status?
Why insert oneself into a case like this when you are a RSO?
jmo
Sounds like it's right out of a 'Criminal Minds' episode when they're profiling the ''unsub."

So....what happens now? (I'm the newbie here just very sadly following along)....Will someone from this forum call the Tipline? How does all this interesting and useful info get to the folks on this case? Or do you assume they already have it all?

I would hope not, but his Pocatello address is the north corner of Ballard Road and Poleline Ext - that's a little strange. Surely in this day and age, even rural Pocatello would have street addresses. Is he living in a tent or something? How can he receive mail?

When someone is an RSO a MAILING address is not sufficient.. AT ALL TIMES they must provide a residence.. If you are living in the woods for 3 months someone at the registry needs to know that. That is one way they can track sex offenders in the area.. of course people get in their cars and drive so it is not a perfect system..If your residence is in Ohio and you go to Philadelphia for a night or 2 and commit a crime and return to Ohio they check the sex offender residents in Philly not Ohio. If you complied and registered in Leadore, i am going to guess you arent going to pick your victim where you are an absolute certainty of being a suspect. No arrests have been made.. no suspects named..LE has no good clues...and this RSO is not in custody. coincidence..
JMO

Neither of Leadore's 2 RSO's is in custody. Correct.
No one is in custody, though.
Coincidence is possible, but it's more like the perfect storm.
The parents are still considered victims. We have all had our own suspicions. To me, this is a viable avenue of sleuthing.
Who knows why, one day, unlike all the other days, something causes one of these pedophiles to crack?
Could be losing a loved one. Being shunned. Lots of things.
I ask again, why would a RSO even comment/insert themselves into this case?
Were they wanting attention? Something like that I suppose.
jmho

Neither of Leadore's 2 RSO's is in custody. Correct.
No one is in custody, though.
Coincidence is possible, but it's more like the perfect storm.
The parents are still considered victims. We have all had our own suspicions. To me, this is a viable avenue of sleuthing.
Who knows why, one day, unlike all the other days, something causes one of these pedophiles to crack?
Could be losing a loved one. Being shunned. Lots of things.
I ask again, why would a RSO even comment/insert themselves into this case?
Were they wanting attention? Something like that I suppose.
jmho

Do RSO's have a tendency to "return to the scene of the crime"?

When someone is an RSO a MAILING address is not sufficient.. AT ALL TIMES they must provide a residence.. If you are living in the woods for 3 months someone at the registry needs to know that. That is one way they can track sex offenders in the area.. of course people get in their cars and drive so it is not a perfect system..If your residence is in Ohio and you go to Philadelphia for a night or 2 and commit a crime and return to Ohio they check the sex offender residents in Philly not Ohio. If you complied and registered in Leadore, i am going to guess you arent going to pick your victim where you are an absolute certainty of being a suspect. No arrests have been made.. no suspects named..LE has no good clues...and this RSO is not in custody. coincidence..
JMO

If it was an unplanned crime of opportunity, the RSO was probably not thinking of such details at the time, and he could be 1,000 miles away by now. I'm not sure what crosses peoples' minds when they commit crimes - if they are that concerned with not getting caught they wouldn't offend in the first place. MOO.

Honestly, it's just another "theory" in this bizarre case. We don't have enough information to come up with anything that makes a whole lot of sense - just tossing out ideas based on coincidences and the few facts we've been given by LE. I have no idea what happened to little Deorr and my thoughts change frequently...

Can't say 100% for sure, but I do believe that RSO's would like reliving their crime by revisiting the scene.
For all we know, DeOrr could be alive, though doubtful.
This has the sadness of Dylan Groene in someways. Different type of possible perp, same illness: pedophilia. Duncan sickens me.:maddening:
jmho

I still want someone else to verify that there are minnows in that creek... I live in Idaho and minnows usually don't hang out in "fast moving streams". To me, it proves either 1.) The creek isn't moving that fast or 2.) The creek is moving too fast for minnows.

If minnows exist, it helps to give a little credibility to the family. Since they aren't telling us anything, to me, their credibility is ZERO.

I live in Idaho too and I've never seen minnows in a fast moving creek. They are usually along the edge of a lake or along river banks where the water is slower. The photos/video I saw of the creek didn't look too hospitable to minnows - it was steep and rocky and the water was moving very fast. I would love to drive up there (it's about 4.5 hours each way...) and look around but my family already thinks I'm crazy. lol I guess I'll leave it to the local police and FBI. I do hope they are as inquisitive and suspicious as this group!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro