ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I left this case to follow little Jerold's case (which ended so sadly today) and I am totally lost at the direction of this thread! I am going to have to (try to) find a spare half hour to catch up & get back on track!
:waitasec:

I live in Idaho too and I've never seen minnows in a fast moving creek. They are usually along the edge of a lake or along river banks where the water is slower. The photos/video I saw of the creek didn't look too hospitable to minnows - it was steep and rocky and the water was moving very fast. I would love to drive up there (it's about 4.5 hours each way...) and look around but my family already thinks I'm crazy. lol I guess I'll leave it to the local police and FBI. I do hope they are as inquisitive and suspicious as this group!

~~Maybe people use the generic word "Minnows" when they see schools of little fish swimming...like if they are little, they must be Minnows.

I use to live on the Ocean 9 miles down a God forsaken road on the west coast. I mean this road was overgrown with salmon and black berries, fallen branches & trees, chuck hole after chuck hole, huge rocks etc. I took it real easy on that road 3-5 mph every time I had to go into town. After 2 month's, I thought screw this and just floored it. At 20 mph the road got smoother, 30 even smoother, 40 -50 I could barely feel a bump. Don't let anybody tell ya this road was impossible. At faster speeds they're very smooth. All the locals I'm sure know this and do this. I was in a Datsun not a truck.

I use to live on the Ocean 9 miles down a God forsaken road on the west coast. I mean this road was overgrown with salmon and black berries, fallen branches & trees, chuck hole after chuck hole, huge rocks etc. I took it real easy on that road 3-5 mph every time I had to go into town. After 2 month's, I thought screw this and just floored it. At 20 mph the road got smoother, 30 even smoother, 40 -50 I could barely feel a bump. Don't let anybody tell ya this road was impossible. At faster speeds they're very smooth. All the locals I'm sure know this and do this. I was in a Datsun not a truck.

Mom... ?

:)

~~Maybe people use the generic word "Minnows" when they see schools of little fish swimming...like if they are little, they must be Minnows.

That's probably true, but minnows or any other group of little fish generally don't swim around in one place in fast moving water (the current is too strong for little fish). You wouldn't be able to see them anyway because the water is turbulent and nothing below the water surface would be visible. Maybe they saw minnows in the reservoir (that would make more sense) but I didn't get the impression their exploring was near the reservoir. MOO.

ETA: I just watched this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvZbH7NSadA

Some of the close-ups of the stream do look like there are places where minnows would hang out so I'm going to dismiss my doubt about them seeing minnows. I am now more curious about how and why they would want to go down something that steep with a 2 year old to show him the minnows, though - it looks treacherous to me. It also seems like quite a trek to make in 10 minutes.

That's probably true, but minnows or any other group of little fish generally don't swim around in one place in fast moving water (the current is too strong for little fish). You wouldn't be able to see them anyway because the water is turbulent and nothing below the water surface would be visible. Maybe they saw minnows in the reservoir (that would make more sense) but I didn't get the impression their exploring was near the reservoir. MOO.

Maybe they found some fish in an eddy past a big rock or something...

She definitely sounded like she was speaking of first-hand experience to me. In and of itself it is rather insignificant, but given the cremains and her being a RSO... who knows.... kind of odd to me....

It's kind of odd to me too. I was thinking she was so proud during the interview to tell how 'she took food up there' for the searchers.

I wonder if maybe it was 'she' that also took the cremains? Nobody would stop her because they all know her from the store and delivering foods to the searchers made her a known.

Just something to ponder.

MOO

Since there were so many logs and other debris in the creek, maybe there were some little pools where minnows could thrive?

Sorry for the basic inquiry, but there are 7 long threads to retrace! :) Can someone give me a quick reason as to why we don't think he just wandered into one of those ponds that seems so close by?

It's kind of odd to me too. I was thinking she was so proud during the interview to tell how 'she took food up there' for the searchers.

I wonder if maybe it was 'she' that also took the cremains? Nobody would stop her because they all know her from the store and delivering foods to the searchers made her a known.

Just something to ponder.

MOO

The obituary for her mother (who died 6/25 in Leadore) didn't mention a burial location.
http://www.postregister.com/articles/obituaries/2015/06/27/barbara-jones

Sorry for the basic inquiry, but there are 7 long threads to retrace! :) Can someone give me a quick reason as to why we don't think he just wandered into one of those ponds that seems so close by?

They have all been checked, debris (logs, etc.) were removed.

Back from camping trip. It sounds like things have gotten kind of weird while I was gone.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by wondering25

Yikes, thanks..ok..so what is being done about it.. does LE know? I hate to ASSume anything. The bottom line is, we cannot solve anything here.. it makes for great online conversation but honestly..who here has ever called in a tip to Idaho? IF you ( everyone here) feel this is a huge bit of info that should be brought to the forefront then call the FBI or the Lemhi Sheriff. Discussing it, wondering about it, theorizing who knows what, is not productive unless you are willing to take your mental packet of info to the authorities. A tip is a tip..Sometimes the most obvious thing has been overlooked thinking someone else surely must be aware of it and KNOWS. JMO

I just notified them. They didn't have a clue about any of this.

Who didn't? The FBI?? Thanks for calling. I was going to nominate you anyway :)

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by wondering25

Yikes, thanks..ok..so what is being done about it.. does LE know? I hate to ASSume anything. The bottom line is, we cannot solve anything here.. it makes for great online conversation but honestly..who here has ever called in a tip to Idaho? IF you ( everyone here) feel this is a huge bit of info that should be brought to the forefront then call the FBI or the Lemhi Sheriff. Discussing it, wondering about it, theorizing who knows what, is not productive unless you are willing to take your mental packet of info to the authorities. A tip is a tip..Sometimes the most obvious thing has been overlooked thinking someone else surely must be aware of it and KNOWS. JMO

I just notified them. They didn't have a clue about any of this.

Who did you contact - the family or LE?

Does anyone know if the female RSO was one of the locals that were initially out searching for Deorr? IMO the only way someone could gain access up to the reservoir (during an active search) would be if they were already there inside of the search area.
The sheriff said a "she" had scattered cremains in and around the reservoir which threw the dogs off. How did "she" gain access into an active search area?

Maybe by being the person who was dropping off food for the searchers.

I thought checking for local RSOs would be standard procedure when a child goes missing. If LE truly didn't look into it, I wonder what else they didn't look into.

I also think you guys need to start emailing this stuff to them. They may not have the talent we have:_}

I just got off the phone with a reporter at Local News 8 and told him all of this! They had no clue they were interviewing an RSO or that she has 6 or 7 aliases. No idea another male RSO was in the area. They were very grateful for the tip and said they would investigate and pass it on to the authorities.

So did you also notify the authorities/tipline or you told the news reporter and he/she is going to....or both?

Thanks, by the way.

IF 1 or both RSO's in Leadore are involved in any way, I'm sure they never thought they would be suspected.
Especially the female. Her problem is being too vocal and a little too pushy in her insistence that no one would want to drive up that horrible road.
Sometimes bits of the truth are homegrown, right there under everyone's nose.
LE verified they know who spread the cremains.
Either it is a wild goose chase or a dead ringer. We shall see.
jmho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member