ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree we should ask why, but I'd add that we should not automatically assume a "cover up" on the part of the parents. Why LE has not released to the media a simple timeline of the basic facts is beyond me. Has even one reporter requested a timeline from LE? Suffice to say, the reporting has been atrocious all around. If nothing else, perhaps the PI can arrange an interview with a national media outlet where the right questions can be asked, answered, and reported.
The reporting has been atrocious, but they are out in the middle of a forest and I suppose we are at the mercy of the outlets who choose to actually go after the story instead of canned news. It would seem the reporter who has the best access could find out the basic information and simply give it some clarity during the course of the storyline. I haven't seen any time line except what we have here (which is great until you realize it is incomplete without the start date and time). It does seem that LE should be open and above board about the start time and date unless it is something they are holding back due to discrepancies of sorts.

I recall the same problem with the Anthony case and start date being so difficult to pin down for various reasons. Now of course we know more about why, but at the time it was evaded by LE and they used the wrong start date throughout the entire case because of the initial report.

We aren't supposed to be contacting people directly involved in any case on WS so I won't be calling him or shooting him an email.

The reporter doesn't give a direct quote to my knowledge. The PI is very clear on his meaning, at least to me. If he had said, IN the morning, after they arrived...but leaving out that essential word makes it the night before. Sorry.

BBM
Nate Eaton has been covering this case. It would be nice if he could confirm or f/u his statement to Jean Casarez:

Jean Casarez:
But Nate, I want you to tell me about the timeline, OK? It starts Friday afternoon, right?

EATON: Friday afternoon, the family arrives at the campground. They're settled in, setting up their tent, having a good afternoon. The parents decide to go on a walk. They leave the boy with his grandfather and the grandfather`s friend.

The parents said they came back about 10 to 15 minutes later. No sign of the boy. Grandpa didn't know where the boy was. He had assumed the boy was with the parents. The parents thought he was with Grandpa.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1507/15/ng.01.html

And why is that? Are you able to explain? Personally I believe they arrived Thursday night, but I'm interested in hearing your reason for not buying either story.

I don't know which (if either) is true. I would like to hear the parents say straight out when they arrived at the campsite and give us a timeline so we can help them find their child. We don't know where Reuters got the parents' statement (could be inferred, from a family member who wasn't there/isn't quoted, or repeated from another unsourced news report) and we know the PI's source of information is also secondhand. I'm not accusing anyone of lying. I think it's possible people are making statements based on inference rather than first hand or confirmed accounts. JMO

I don't know what the rules are for contacting "people" except some have already contacted people, including the sheriff. And, absolutely, you can interpret what the P.I. meant any way you want, but if someone DOES contact him, they will find they left home and arrived on Friday, and that's exactly what he meant. IMO, of course!
Maybe we can get a clarification from Bessie on the rules for "contacting people directly involved in cases". It has always been my understanding we are to remain in the background here and it is off limits to do so unless we have pertinent information directly related to the case then we can contact LE. It is quite unusual for people to take it upon themselves to open conversations about rumors and such from here with LE or anyone such as the main players. If LE opens the convo, there is no problem.

If the PI wanted to say they left and arrived on Friday...he would have said it. He did not.

I am still choosing to believe the Thursday night arrival, for a couple of reasons. Can't explain fully because of rules here, but one reason is it makes the most sense in terms of the baby 'needing' his nap. If they had driven in that morning, a 3 hour drive, then driven and hour or more to the store and back, I cannot believe that DeOrr would not have already fallen asleep. No way a 2 yr old drives around for 4 or 5 hours and does not nap. JMO

The info from Eaton on the Jean Casarez segment was from quite some time ago iirc.
Did he even mention the friend of ggp's on that show?
Heck we all need some reliable info.
Thanks for the reminder though.
jmho

What about asking a reporter for clarification? Is that allowed and if he responds, could his answer be discussed on the thread? Would be nice if he would put his answers on his website!

We thank you for trusting us to bring you the most comprehensive news coverage in East Idaho. We hope we’re living up to your expectations and, if we’re not, I want to hear from you. Email me any time – nate.eaton@eastidahon***.com.
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/08/when-false-news-happens/

ETA: I reported my own post to ask the MODs

BBM
Nate Eaton has been covering this case. It would be nice if he could confirm or f/u his statement to Jean Casarez:

Jean Casarez:
But Nate, I want you to tell me about the timeline, OK? It starts Friday afternoon, right?

EATON: Friday afternoon, the family arrives at the campground. They're settled in, setting up their tent, having a good afternoon. The parents decide to go on a walk. They leave the boy with his grandfather and the grandfather`s friend.

The parents said they came back about 10 to 15 minutes later. No sign of the boy. Grandpa didn't know where the boy was. He had assumed the boy was with the parents. The parents thought he was with Grandpa.

And he was told this by the parents or the police? Both? One or the other? ;) Did he verify the information? Did he ask the right questions? Did he question the start date? Did he ask the other people at the campsite? So many unanswered questions.

I don't know what the rules are for contacting "people" except some have already contacted people, including the sheriff. And, absolutely, you can interpret what the P.I. meant any way you want, but if someone DOES contact him, they will find they left home and arrived on Friday, and that's exactly what he meant. IMO, of course!

I can see you have a very strong opinion that the family left Idaho Falls on Friday and arrived at the campground on Friday. Just curious why you think this? What makes you so sure the PI didn't say what he meant to say, and instead said something else? I am truly interested hearing what makes your conviction so strong that they left home and arrived at the cg on Friday. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

What about asking a reporter for clarification? Is that allowed and if he responds, could his answer be discussed on the thread? Would be nice if he would put his answers on his website!

We thank you for trusting us to bring you the most comprehensive news coverage in East Idaho. We hope we’re living up to your expectations and, if we’re not, I want to hear from you. Email me any time – nate.eaton@eastidahon***.com.
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/08/when-false-news-happens/
He may still not have the correct answer depending on who he asks. So there is that...

Really? IMO about as possible as a Sasquatch.
It's not my theory but I don't think it's impossible. My point was more that it didn't matter if it was official hunting season or not.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

BBM

Jean Casarez:

To me, this leaves open the possibility that they arrived at the campgrounds late Thursday night, and slept in the camper, as some have said. Then in the light of day they drove around and chose a camp site on Friday morning. So they settled in and realized they needed a few things and drove to the market. JMO

For the record, no hunting seasons were open. The hunting seasons don't overlap with the camping season. Hunting seasons begin after camping season ends.
Yes thats what the poster was basicaly saying. But if Deorr was taken I think its safe to say we are not talking about a law abiding citizen here.
A lot of people take part in proaching. Either way I think its irrelevant imo its not what happen to him.

If we were going to ask a reporter to clarify some facts for us, what would we ask him?

(Please copy this list and add your own so we can all be on the same page.)

1. When did the family first arrive at the campsite?
2. Who arrived at that time? (JM, DK, DeOrr, IR, ggp, others?)
3. If not at the same time, when did each member of the camping party arrive?
4. How many vehicles did they bring? Who drove each and who rode in each?
5. What sleeping arrangements were planned? Tents? Camper? Who was to sleep where?

For the record, no hunting seasons were open. The hunting seasons don't overlap with the camping season. Hunting seasons begin after camping season ends.

I understand coyote season is all year long.

These are predator animals. The ranchers lose valuable livestock.

"Coyotes don’t have a season in Idaho, they may be hunted year round. Also, there are no limits on how many coyotes you can take."
http://www.predatordown.com/idaho-coyote-hunting-regulations/

I understand coyote season is all year long.

These are predator animals. The ranchers lose valuable livestock.

"Coyotes don’t have a season in Idaho, they may be hunted year round. Also, there are no limits on how many coyotes you can take."
http://www.predatordown.com/idaho-coyote-hunting-regulations/

But coyotes are pretty loud! They yelp and growl and snarl. I think someone would have seen a coyote. (We have them where I live part of the year. One comes into our yard every evening.)

I don't know which (if either) is true. I would like to hear the parents say straight out when they arrived at the campsite and give us a timeline so we can help them find their child. We don't know where Reuters got the parents' statement (could be inferred, from a family member who wasn't there/isn't quoted, or repeated from another unsourced news report) and we know the PI's source of information is also secondhand. I'm not accusing anyone of lying. I think it's possible people are making statements based on inference rather than first hand or confirmed accounts. JMO

rkf, in your long post with the red and black type, the third paragraph which states they arrived on July 10th as well another information, says it's what Bowerman says, so he's the source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fangirl88