ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we were going to ask a reporter to clarify some facts for us, what would we ask him?

(Please copy this list and add your own so we can all be on the same page.)

1. When did the family first arrive at the campsite?
2. Who arrived at that time? (JM, DK, DeOrr, IR, ggp, others?)
3. If not at the same time, when did each member of the camping party arrive?
4. How many vehicles did they bring? Who drove each and who rode in each?
5. What sleeping arrangements were planned? Tents? Camper? Who was to sleep where?

6. Did anybody drop by to visit...say hello?
7. Did they get to the campground Thurs. eve., but actually set up their campsite Friday morning?

The poster wasn't talking about if Deorr was "taken". Poster was talking about a hunting accident whereby an archer accidentally hits and kills Deorr while poaching. So yes, that would not be a law-abiding citizen because he would have been poaching, but the result of the poaching, though illegal, would have been accidental. And I agree with you. IMO that's not what happened to Little Deorr.
The poster was saying that it doesn't matter if it was hunting season people still hunt. Then I was then saying for myself if Deorr wass taken at all it wouldn't be by a law abiding citizent. So what does it matter if it was hunting season or not!?! Sorry I didn't make my point more clear.

But who told the reporter that? Did the authorities tell the reporter or did JM and DK tell the reporter? This is what we went over a lot in previous threads. I don't think there is anyway to tell.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Refer to my Post #783.

But who told the reporter that? Did the authorities tell the reporter or did JM and DK tell the reporter? This is what we went over a lot in previous threads. I don't think there is anyway to tell.

I agree with you Jules. We don't know where that information came from. What authorities? Did the reporter talk to the sheriff? I commented on that particular article when it was published. It is really poorly written. No substance behind the words and the author stepped over the bounds of creative license to outright making up what she wrote.

The paragraph that begins, "The child's parents, . . . .
Contains six lines. The last two words of the last line are . . . .
"Bowerman said."

But we do not know if the person that wrote the article heard Bowerman say that or if they surmised it from another article they read.

The poster was saying that it doesn't matter if it was hunting season people still hunt. Then I was then saying for myself if Deorr wass taken at all it wouldn't be by a law abiding citizent. So what does it matter if it was hunting season or not!?! Sorry I didn't make my point more clear.

Someone up thread had also asked about hunting season. I was under the impression then and also with this poster, that they were truly interested in finding out if it was hunting season. FWIW, anyone hunting, out of season, anywhere even reMOTELY close to a federal or state campground will find out just what it is those rangers are paid for.

I wonder how much can slip by Gpa? And I really wonder at the age of his friend. Maybe it's just me but I'd have thought a friend of Gpa's would be closer to him in age.

Ok so let's look at this further, since I didn't notice the "said Bowerman".

The child's parents, DeOrr Kunz Sr. and Jessica Mitchell, told authorities they left their home in Idaho Falls on July 10 for a weekend camping trip that included their son, as well as the mother's grandfather and his friend.

They told investigators they thought their son had stayed at the camp when they left to hike. They said they realized he was missing when they came back and learned his great-grandfather did not know the boy's whereabouts, Bowerman said.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0Q52OP20150731?irpc=932

If the reporter got that from Bowerman, then IMO we have a huge problem since I believe they arrived at the campsite the night before they went to the store. They went to the store on Friday. So if that's true then I can only surmise they lied.

Someone up thread had also asked about hunting season. I was under the impression then and also with this poster, that they were truly interested in finding out if it was hunting season. FWIW, anyone hunting, out of season, anywhere even reMOTELY close to a federal or state campground will find out just what it is those rangers are paid for.
I think a link got posted about cyotes being year round unless if its a national park. Idk everyone post so fast I can't keep up unless if I'm directly being quoted then my phone just takes me to that.
Regardless we both agree its not likely that even happen to Deorr :(
I'm still convinced he was taken by a mountin lion.

I wonder how much can slip by Gpa? And I really wonder at the age of his friend. Maybe it's just me but I'd have thought a friend of Gpa's would be closer to him in age.
If Gpa has dementia, can he take a polygraph? Same question for Issac, if he's not
(Idk if is or isn't) 100% all there... would they give him a poly?

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

Some people/posters immediately begin to accuse the parents of nefarious/criminal behavior as soon as a child goes missing no matter under what circumstances. Just recently, the first few posts that one <modsnip> JMO, of course.

I think in THIS case I'll chalk it up to some kind of boredom by those who are disappointed with the level of news. Do I think more information should be forthcoming? No! Do I feel we are somehow "entitled" to know more than we do? Absolutely not! Are there any reasons whatsoever that the parents/family of little Deorr should even be suspected of hurting him in ANY way - NONE at all! JMO, and thanks for hearing me out.

I agree with you Jules. We don't know where that information came from. What authorities? Did the reporter talk to the sheriff? I commented on that particular article when it was published. It is really poorly written. No substance behind the words and the author stepped over the bounds of creative license to outright making up what she wrote.

Please refer to my Post #783.

Speaking for myself, and I'd bet most of the others here @WS, we aren't angry/disturbed because we want more "action". Or because we are bored. Within TOS we are here to sleuth.
I genuinely care. No one owes me any answers. But IMO every missing child deserves attention. Every single one of them.
Past experiences w/these cases make us wary and they should.
JMHO

Speaking for myself, and I'd bet most of the others here @WS, we aren't angry/disturbed because we want more "action". Or because we are bored. Within TOS we are here to sleuth.
I genuinely care. No one owes me any answers. But IMO every missing child deserves attention. Every single one of them.
Past experiences w/these cases make us wary and they should.
JMHO
Agreed!! Well said.

Was researching a bit on these kinds of scenarios and came across this, sounds pretty scary. Don't know if any of you have ever heard about these books on this guy's work?

David Paulides is a retired police officer who has written a book called Missing 411. In his book he gives a comprehensive picture of a number of unusual cases of missing persons which baffle relatives and authorities.

Many people who read it call it the most disturbing book they have ever read. It is impossible to put down or forget.

One person writes, "What was creepy about the book was not so much the stories about people who disappeared forever - after all, I read and write about missing people every day - but about people, mostly children, who disappeared and then were found in places where they should not, could not, be."

Pauides has been investigating the mystery of people who vanished for many years and created a huge database on the subject. The results of his research are frightening.

"Four years ago I was in a national park conducting other research and was staying at a room off the park.

On one of those nights I had a knock at the door and two off duty national park rangers stated they had information that they wanted me to hear.

They explained that they had worked at several parks during their career and had participated in many search and rescues of lost visitors.

Read more: http://www.messagetoeagle.com/missing411.php#ixzz3iiQbWMP5

I'm in the process of reading the first of his books right now. It is a mystery at least in many of the cases, while in some of the cases there's unfortunately not much information on which to form an informed opinion. According to him, many of the records have been "lost" . That in itself is somewhat of a mystery, isn't it?

Ok so let's look at this further, since I didn't notice the "said Bowerman".

The child's parents, DeOrr Kunz Sr. and Jessica Mitchell, told authorities they left their home in Idaho Falls on July 10 for a weekend camping trip that included their son, as well as the mother's grandfather and his friend.

They told investigators they thought their son had stayed at the camp when they left to hike. They said they realized he was missing when they came back and learned his great-grandfather did not know the boy's whereabouts, Bowerman said.

If the reporter got that from Bowerman, then IMO we have a huge problem since I believe they arrived at the campsite the night before they went to the store. They went to the store on Friday. So if that's true then I can only surmise they lied.

The author was quoting from an interview that Bowerman gave to another media source. I don't get the impression that she did any of her own interviews. The material in the article can all be sourced to things that were previously published.

EXCEPT, they told authorities they left their house in Idaho Falls on Friday, July 10th.

Do you know whether "they told authorities..." was that a "direct quote" from the parents or was it an indirect quote?
Thanks if you know... I'm looking for it on my end as well.

Updated:
Found this - I also noted that it is not a direct quote from the parents.

The paragraph that begins, "The child's parents, . . . .
Contains six lines. The last two words of the last line are . . . .
"Bowerman said."

BBM
I see that you used quotations around "Bowerman said" in your post above. I find that after re-reading the six lines suggested by you, not only is it not a direct quote from the parents as I stated previously, but it is also not a direct quote from Bowerman.

Although I do understand the point you are trying to make, what you are posting is not a "direct quote" from the sheriff.

Specifically, the paragraph you referred me to is:

Lines 1-6

I do not see any quotation marks whatsoever in those six lines so it cannot be considered a direct quote from Bowerman.

The remaining lines of the article also contain a "Bowerman said":

Hundreds of tips have poured in from all over the globe suggesting the child has been seen as far away as Hong Kong, but Bowerman said he is ruling out a kidnapping.

Once again, even though it reads "Bowerman said", there are no direct quotes.

Last line of the article:
"There is no evidence suggesting DeOrr was abducted," the sheriff said.

This is the only direct quote from the sheriff in the entire article, and it has quotation marks around it, so it can be attributed directly to the Sheriff. As you can see, it does not state anything about when JM or DK Sr left their home."

But that's JMO, IMO, MOO

Do we even know if this Reuters reporter actually talked to the Sheriff himself? Did she talk to someone at the Sheriff's office? Did she talk to JM or DK Sr? Did she get her information elsewhere and just report on what she read/heard and quoted what someone else had previously quoted from the Sheriff? Is Reuters a local paper? Is she a local reporter? These are all things we should factor in before considering it factual, etc.

Not in the National Parks/Forests. There is no hunting during the camping season.

Could you please cite your claim. I'm having trouble finding confirmation. TIA

http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/docs/rules/bgLaws.pdf
Predatory and Unprotected Wildlife:
Coyotes, skunks, weasels, jackrabbits, raccoons and starlingsare classified by Idaho law as predatory. Eurasian collared doves,English sparrows and feral pigeons are unprotected. Predatory and unprotected wildlife may be taken in any number year-round and at any time by holders of the appropriate valid Idaho hunting or trapping licenses, provided such taking is not in violation of state, county or city laws, ordinances, rules or regulations.

BBM
Nate Eaton has been covering this case. It would be nice if he could confirm or f/u his statement to Jean Casarez:

Jean Casarez:
But Nate, I want you to tell me about the timeline, OK? It starts Friday afternoon, right?

EATON: Friday afternoon, the family arrives at the campground. They're settled in, setting up their tent, having a good afternoon. The parents decide to go on a walk. They leave the boy with his grandfather and the grandfather`s friend.

The parents said they came back about 10 to 15 minutes later. No sign of the boy. Grandpa didn't know where the boy was. He had assumed the boy was with the parents. The parents thought he was with Grandpa.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1507/15/ng.01.html

afternoon is any time around 1201. The parents left for the store at 1pm and were back before or around 2 give or take and called 911 at 238. Does this make sense to anyone? In the meantime campfire is lit.. IR is fishing and grandpa is all settled in. Let's say it takes 1/2 hour either way to get to the store.. so, as i said AFTERNOON is 1201pm.. 911 is called at 238.. all this .. setting up camp, going to store, returning.. exploring the campsite then searching for baby occurred in 2 hours and 38 minutes? nah jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties