ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DeOrr's family may not be able to pay this particular for-profit SAR guy's fees. He charges for fuel, for room and food, for searching (by the hour on that I think).
jmho

Is he worth it? I've never heard of him before and honestly don't know.

According to his FB he's currently seeking funds to cover the trip to search for Deorr.

afternoon is any time around 1201. The parents left for the store at 1pm and were back before or around 2 give or take and called 911 at 238. Does this make sense to anyone? In the meantime campfire is lit.. IR is fishing and grandpa is all settled in. Let's say it takes 1/2 hour either way to get to the store.. so, as i said AFTERNOON is 1201pm.. 911 is called at 238.. all this .. setting up camp, going to store, returning.. exploring the campsite then searching for baby occurred in 2 hours and 38 minutes? nah jmo

I think someone corrected me earlier that they were back at the campsite at 1 pm. (I don't have a link. Does anyone?) The 911 call was placed at 2:28 pm. http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/0...-released-my-2-year-old-son-we-cant-find-him/ Another problem with the Reuters story is that it says the parents went "hiking" instead of "exploring". IMO, a ten minute spin around the campsite is not hiking. It matters in this timeline if they looked for him for ten minutes or an hour. If they looked for an hour, that means they were hiking/exploring/building a fire for DeOrr, ggp and his oxygen tank/setting up camp between 1 pm (when they returned to the campsite) and 1:28, when they would have started looking for DeOrr. If they looked for him for 20 minutes and they explored for 10 minutes, then they would have had approximately an hour to set up between 1 pm and 1:58 pm. If they arrived Thursday night, it would make sense to set up camp in the morning. How much "set up" was there if they weren't sleeping in tents? (They may have been - we don't know.)

According to what DK Sr. said, I'm not convinced they left the campground for the store at 1:00 p.m. It is my opinion that they were at the campground from 1-2 doing who knows what (setting up camp? Hanging out?)

During interview:
DK: It was me, but it, but they claim it was at 6:00 that evening and I, we, we still were with Search and Rescue until, what [turning to JM] a quarter till four?

JM: Yeah, from . . .

DK: We didn't never, we never . . . we haven't left the camp since 1:00 that afternoon. So it's just a lot of hearsay . . . and . . .
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...2-Timber-Creek-Campground-10-July-2015/page20

At 2:00 p.m. dad says he last saw Deorr playing with GGP and they were off to explore.

Dad said they were gone 10-15 minutes

2:00 to 2:15 approx. - Parents exploring less than 50 yards awayper dad

2:15 - Parents return ask GGP, Where's Deorr?

2:15 to 2:35 - Searched for Deorr Jr x 20 minutes per Dad

2:35 - 911 Called

Everything lines up from there as far as what dad says.

I just don't know what happened from 1-2 p.m. I would like that piece confirmed.
My point was i don't believe they got there on Friday . Friday afternoon is defined as after 12pm. I do not believe they arrived at 12 and then turned around and left at 1 drove close to an hour round trip to the store, went exploring and lost a baby.. I think they arrived Thursday evening.. I dont care who said what.. who quoted what.. and what has quotation marks around it . lol jmo

That area is so primitive I wonder if they even have pit toilets there or you have to squat in the woods and wipe with leaves? I like to camp but not that kind of camping.

BBM and OT If it were solid waste you were doing that with, you could be fined if caught by the park rangers or forest service. Back country camping without the benefit of pit toilets requires things like portable camping toilets, or digging a latrine. Back in my trout fishing days in the Cascades we used to dig latrines, complete with oak toilet seats (ETA and Toilet paper and magazines!) and completely screened walls for privacy.

ETA and if you chose the wrong leaves for wiping you could end up with a nasty case of poison oak in your nether regions!

If indeed ggp uses oxygen, would "he" be safe/good by the campfire?
Couldn't that be dangerous?
jmho

I hadn't seen this picture of Deorr in the campchair before today (no, it was probably not taken on this particular trip). He is such a cutie! So adorable. I can't believe I am praying he was abducted, but sadly that is what it has come to.

11870681_879679755420785_7230207179008019973_n.jpg

I hadn't seen this picture of Deorr in the campchair before today (no, it was probably not taken on this particular trip). He is such a cutie! So adorable. I can't believe I am praying he was abducted, but sadly that is what it has come to.

View attachment 79935

Those look like cowboy boots he's wearing in the pic with him wearing blue jeans.IMO

BBM
I see that you used quotations around "Bowerman said" in your post above. I find that after re-reading the six lines suggested by you, not only is it not a direct quote from the parents as I stated previously, but it is also not a direct quote from Bowerman.

Although I do understand the point you are trying to make, what you are posting is not a "direct quote" from the sheriff.

Specifically, the paragraph you referred me to is:

Lines 1-6
The child's parents, DeOrr Kunz Sr. and Jessica Mitchell, told authorities they left their home in Idaho Falls on July 10 for a weekend camping trip that included their son, as well as the mother's grandfather and his friend.

They told investigators they thought their son had stayed at the camp when they left to hike. They said they realized he was missing when they came back and learned his great-grandfather did not know the boy's whereabouts, Bowerman said.

I do not see any quotation marks whatsoever in those six lines so it cannot be considered a direct quote from Bowerman.

The remaining lines of the article also contain a "Bowerman said":

Hundreds of tips have poured in from all over the globe suggesting the child has been seen as far away as Hong Kong, but Bowerman said he is ruling out a kidnapping.

Once again, even though it reads "Bowerman said", there are no direct quotes.

Last line of the article:
"There is no evidence suggesting DeOrr was abducted," the sheriff said.

This is the only direct quote from the sheriff in the entire article, and it has quotation marks around it, so it can be attributed directly to the Sheriff. As you can see, it does not state anything about when JM or DK Sr left their home."

But that's JMO, IMO, MOO

Do we even know if this Reuters reporter actually talked to the Sheriff himself? Did she talk to someone at the Sheriff's office? Did she talk to JM or DK Sr? Did she get her information elsewhere and just report on what she read/heard and quoted what someone else had previously quoted from the Sheriff? Is Reuters a local paper? Is she a local reporter? These are all things we should factor in before considering it factual, etc.

Reuters is a highly reputable international news agency. I doubt the reporter is local.

DeOrr's family may not be able to pay this particular for-profit SAR guy's fees. He charges for fuel, for room and food, for searching (by the hour on that I think).
jmho
Ah, gotcha. Thanks for explaining.

I'm not really sure where I'm going w/my thoughts on an official camping season. Fire season should bring any effected areas into a no camping situation. That's just logical.
Just thinking and wondering about if there is a season so to speak or if the roads are passable and there is no other specific danger, could a person camp anytime of the year?
jmho

You might find what you're looking for here:
http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/scnf/recarea/?recid=76024
http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/scnf/recarea/?recid=76100
http://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/scnf/recreation/camping-cabins

ETA: Open Season: 5/15 - 10/15

According to what DK Sr. said, I'm not convinced they left the campground for the store at 1:00 p.m. It is my opinion that they were at the campground from 1-2 doing who knows what (setting up camp? Hanging out?)

During interview:
DK: It was me, but it, but they claim it was at 6:00 that evening and I, we, we still were with Search and Rescue until, what [turning to JM] a quarter till four?

JM: Yeah, from . . .

DK: We didn't never, we never . . . we haven't left the camp since 1:00 that afternoon. So it's just a lot of hearsay . . . and . . .
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...2-Timber-Creek-Campground-10-July-2015/page20

At 2:00 p.m. dad says he last saw Deorr playing with GGP and they were off to explore.

Dad said they were gone 10-15 minutes

2:00 to 2:15 approx. - Parents exploring less than 50 yards awayper dad

2:15 - Parents return ask GGP, Where's Deorr?

2:15 to 2:35 - Searched for Deorr Jr x 20 minutes per Dad

2:35 - 911 Called

Everything lines up from there as far as what dad says.

I just don't know what happened from 1-2 p.m. I would like that piece confirmed.

JM's 911 call clocked in at 2:28. DK can be heard in the background a couple minutes into her call, so around 2:30 or 2:31? The mom says in the 911 call that they have been looking for DeOrr for an hour. Unfortunately we have more than one story and we don't know which one is correct. :(

If another SAR team does come to search for DeOrr I wonder what type of dogs they would use?

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

Some people/posters immediately begin to accuse the parents of nefarious/criminal behavior as soon as a child goes missing no matter under what circumstances. Just recently, the first few posts that one <modsnip> JMO, of course.

I think in THIS case I'll chalk it up to some kind of boredom by those who are disappointed with the level of news. Do I think more information should be forthcoming? No! Do I feel we are somehow "entitled" to know more than we do? Absolutely not! Are there any reasons whatsoever that the parents/family of little Deorr should even be suspected of hurting him in ANY way - NONE at all! JMO, and thanks for hearing me out.
I honestly couldn't agree more!!!!!

"Let Harry work this case pro bono"

Look at his Facebook and you will see he is very clear about his charges, he does not work for free. He has been in contact with multiple sources already trying to sell his services in this case.

Not impressed with what happened when Harry Oakes came to Portland to work on the Kyron Horman case.

LE wouldn't work with him, so he repeatedly bashed Portland LE all over his blog and on his FB page.

He wanted permission to search the Horman property which had already been searched multiple times by the FBI. Kyrons father, Kaine said publicly that LE could search his property at any time, but wouldn't give permission to Oakes. Oakes then began bashing Kaine as well.

Harry Oakes called a TV news team out to Sauvie Island saying his dogs "hit" on a boys sock in the water. Nothing ever came of it.

Once the donations dried up, Harry and his dogs left town.

JM's 911 call clocked in at 2:28. DK can be heard in the background a couple minutes into her call, so around 2:30 or 2:31? The mom says in the 911 call that they have been looking for DeOrr for an hour. Unfortunately we have more than one story and we don't know which one is correct. :(

IIRC the mom said "about an hour" (I will go find a source and link it).

I've always just assumed it felt like an hour to her. Like when people say "everything felt like it was happening in slow motion". She seemed very shell-shocked in the interview they did early on. Clutching on to little DeOrr's blanket like it was a life preserver. Poor thing.

ETA link: http://www.localnews8.com/news/911-call-reporting-missing-toddler-released/34192558

also helpful on the video at that link: Their black pickup does not have any sort of camper shell or even a canopy on it. For me that rules out that they would be sleeping in the bed of the truck.

IIRC the mom said "about an hour" (I will go find a source and link it).

I've always just assumed it felt like an hour to her. Like when people say "everything felt like it was happening in slow motion". She seemed very shell-shocked in the interview they did early on. Clutching on to little DeOrr's blanket like it was a life preserver. Poor thing.

The other thing is that IF they weren't searching for him for an hour she might have said that anyway, so that they would take it seriously that he was missing. I can imagine myself unintentionally exaggerating so that people would take a frantic mom seriously.
Still, a discrepancy versus some other accounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member