Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(snipped for focus)

I would be interested in knowing what the parents have done to generate national media interest in Deorr's case..

FWIW and if I remember correctly, back in one of the earlier threads, somebody here was in contact with the reporter from East Idaho News. He said in an email that national news stations like CNN had approached the couple, but they refused to give any interviews.

RBBM

I'm on my way out of town this morning but wanted to respond to this. I believe this is what happened. Assumptions...and then something like this happened. Why we cannot make sense of anything. JMO

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/local/2014/05/22/dennis-martin-missing-45-years/9405607/

THIS SUMMER MARKS 45 YEARS SINCE SIX-YEAR-OLD DENNIS MARTIN VANISHED DURING A FAMILY CAMPING TRIP IN THE SMOKIES. HE WAS NEVER FOUND. THE FAILURES OF THE LARGEST SEARCH IN THE HISTORY OF THE GREAT SMOKY MOUNTAINS TAUGHT RESCUE CREWS ACROSS THE NATION SEVERAL LIFE-SAVING LESSONS.

ETA - the search information is very interesting.

That was a good read. Very interesting.

In the interview with Nate, he also commented although he was able to interview them once, the family is "steering away from media."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB1jNvgY-uk&feature=youtu.be

Their PI thinks their son was abducted, that he could be anywhere in the country. Do they not agree with him? Is the PI being proactive, contacting the national media, and willing to be interviewed?

ETA: And okay maybe he is, and the media is still saying they aren't interested, then why wouldn't you say "Okay, the parents will talk too". Why not try a different approach? It just seems like the parents aren't putting forth 100%.

GGP and the oxygen thing makes no sense to me. Here is why. AT SOME POINT you need electricity. Let me see if i can explain.. There is a large compressor for home use. This is plugged in and a 50 ft tubing with nasal "prongs" is attached. This allows you to move about your home. You get continuous oxygen from this compressor and no need to use a tank. On top of the compressor is another piece.. this is where you refill your portable tanks to take when you are going out. These tanks would last about 3 hours for continuous use give or take depending on how many liters per minute you have the gauge set for. Ok, with me so far? Insurance companies typically give you 2-3 refillable tanks. In order to refill them you need to have the compressor plugged in and then it takes several hours to refill the tanks. For around $3000 , you can purchase a small portable compressor that pulls the O2 out of the atmosphere and eliminates the need for the heavier portable tanks. This runs on a battery. The BATTERY needs to be recharged ~ every 24 hours... SO, you need electricity to recharge the battery. in either scenario.. you cannot be away from a source of power for longer than 9-24 hours depending on what you use as your oxygen delivery system. This is why when there is a power outage the people you see in the "shelters" first are those who are on oxygen. The shelters have a generator for electricity. So, 2+ hours from home.. using O2 on the trip to the campsite, no electricity.. how long can one go without refilling tanks( which have to be done at home) or recharging the battery? 9-24 hours. Unless he just takes a "whiff" now and then. This continuous O2 rumor is not valid. JMO

People do it all the time.

A Spring Camping Trip – How One Oxygen Therapy User Does It

RVing with Oxygen

Choosing the best Portable Oxygen Therapy when traveling by car.

What Do We Need To Know About Using An Oxygen Concentrator In Our Motorhome

well i would expect the high priced motor homes etc to have a source of electricity. My understanding was there was a black truck, a tent and a suburban. i suppose the dc power plug or whatever they described is possible but that would be useful only with the small portable oxygen units to recharge the battery. One article u cited mentioned the Eclipse. that has to be recharged every 5 hours but i guess if you have the right d/c cord and a battery source, it is doable. Direct Home Medical: Eclipse 5 Portable Oxygen Concentrator Bundle (Continuous Flow & Pulse Dose)

Thank you for this...in addition, I haven't seen any links where it is stated GGF was on it 24/7. This has been an assumption everyone is making. Some people only need it periodically, when they get winded.

Thank you for this...in addition, I haven't seen any links where it is stated GGF was on it 24/7. This has been an assumption everyone is making. Some people only need it periodically, when they get winded.

It falls under the rumor category, but TBC did post on FB that her dad was on oxygen 24 hours a day. Take it for what it's worth.

Someone had asked for the link earlier where the sheriff said it was a local woman who was scattering cremains in the search area.

"It's pretty disappointing," Bowerman said during the HLN interview. "Someone was depositing human cremains up there while we're searching the area. It contaminates the reservoir and the entire area."
https://ksltv.com/index.php?nid=157&sid=35592900&comments=true

There is no evidence suggesting DeOrr was abducted," the sheriff said.
Bowerman said search dogs had shown an interest earlier this month in a reservoir, but that it was later learned a local woman scattered the ashes of a cremated loved one into the water, misleading the cadaver dogs. http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/31/us-usa-idaho-toddler-idUSKCN0Q52OP20150731

well i would expect the high priced motor homes etc to have a source of electricity. My understanding was there was a black truck, a tent and a suburban. i suppose the dc power plug or whatever they described is possible but that would be useful only with the small portable oxygen units to recharge the battery. One article u cited mentioned the Eclipse. that has to be recharged every 5 hours but i guess if you have the right d/c cord and a battery source, it is doable. Direct Home Medical: Eclipse 5 Portable Oxygen Concentrator Bundle (Continuous Flow & Pulse Dose)

I believe there was a camper that went along with the suburban. GGP slept in the camper.

Thanks, but that could also be taken as he needs it with him 24 hours a day. IMO

I suppose so. That's not how I took it, but it's certainly possible. The bottom line is that we really don't know... it's all based on rumor and assumption, just like most other aspects of this case....

Absolutely precious...Put this picture in front of someone at the NCMEC and they would tell you it wasn't him! The eyes are wrong. They're brown not blue. JMO
No. They would not tell anyone it wasn't him. It would be up to LE to figure it out not NCMEC.

Again, the eye color is really the least of the worries of LE or the parents. I don't know why this is such a hot topic all of the sudden, but it is far too late to get upset about now. This case has long gone past a rescue situation into recovery.

I've seen so much back and forth about GGP and his ailments (mostly rumours I suspect) I've given up on trying to figure out what's true. :)

Well, other than the one statement by LE that he's not well enough to be a POI.

I believe there was a camper that went along with the suburban. GGP slept in the camper.

That's what I thought I'd read somewhere, which is why I searched for the oxygen information. There are batteries in those campers to power just about whatever you want.

Walking Dead taught me there's also a secret, second battery. Thank you Dale!

It falls under the rumor category, but TBC did post on FB that her dad was on oxygen 24 hours a day. Take it for what it's worth.
it was also mentioned by Nate Eaton in the kevin miller radio interview.. so the Oxygen is not a rumor from SM exclusively.

Someone had asked for the link earlier where the sheriff said it was a local woman who was scattering cremains in the search area.

"It's pretty disappointing," Bowerman said during the HLN interview. "Someone was depositing human cremains up there while we're searching the area. It contaminates the reservoir and the entire area."
https://ksltv.com/index.php?nid=157&sid=35592900&comments=true

There is no evidence suggesting DeOrr was abducted," the sheriff said.
Bowerman said search dogs had shown an interest earlier this month in a reservoir, but that it was later learned a local woman scattered the ashes of a cremated loved one into the water, misleading the cadaver dogs. http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/31/us-usa-idaho-toddler-idUSKCN0Q52OP20150731
Thanks for posting. I am going to jump off your post here about the cremains.

I don't know why people are so freaked out about hearing someone spread some ashes of a loved one over a beautiful place. It happens all the time and will become even more frequent as more people choose cremation over burial in the future due to cost and other factors. People have been spreading ashes over water and over pastoral scenes for eons, but in this case it happened to affect a search. Nothing sinister. Nothing out of the normal. Someone simply chose a day to honor their loved one in probably their favorite fishing place on earth and it was all done quite innocently. Yes, it affected the search and confused the cad dogs. Yes, it would have been better if it had not happened. But it really was just a chance thing not a planned thing, imo.

This is the problem with SM and comments on news sites. There is no way to be certain and yet people will try to use it as factual information. While it makes sense, we still have nothing to back it up.

Right? Crazy. During the search.

What was everyone's first thoughts when you heard this? I immediately thought it was to throw off the investigation - but then I'm suspicious like that.

The only way it would be somewhat explainable is if she was camping in the upper campground which is on the other side of the reservoir and hadn't left that area and the search and searchers were more around the creek and campground and were not yet visible from the reservoir.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

My thoughts as well, for it to have been a coincidence it sure couldn't have been planned any better. :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hustling01