GUILTY ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell *Arrests* #77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think they planned the murders for the dates they occurred on.

I don't have evidence for that, but it does seem like they had specific plans each time they murdered.

OTOH, I can't wrap my head around the cold evening that Alex attempted to shoot Tammy with an AR15. Even with a silencer, what was the plan?

Was Chad going to pretend not to notice his wife dead in the driveway for a few hours? Pretend he fell asleep then call 911 with his fake crying act in the morning? Or make Emma or Garth find her?

Joe Murray did hear the hoopla. So assuming a successful hit and a quick 911 call, how far could Alex have run? Was he going to run into the house and hide there, while Chad pointed south or something?

All that came to mind in considering the Yellowstone murder theory. For some reason, I don't think there was a murder plan there. They do seem to murder on their owned or rented properties. But, they also have experienced failed attempts. So who knows?

MOO
IMO, Chad's SIL wasn't meant to hear or interrupt Alex upon Tammy's murder attempt. Tammy would have been found eventually, perhaps even by Chad, but with Alex long gone. Alex was confident enough to run behind Chad's house. I wonder where he parked.

Does anyone know if Prosecutors Wood or Blake have actually handled cases in post conviction before?

Daybell now has some seasoned appellate attorneys working for him, it almost makes me wish Rachel Smith was still onboard as originally intended - she was supposed to handle all of the appeals per her contract.

I don’t believe Daybell will ever go free but his current attorneys have argued before Appellate and the Idaho Supreme Court, and if their nearly 300 page petition is any indication of the lengths (for lack of a better term) they’ll go to for their client, I can’t imagine the arguments coming after they do receive all the evidence. Perhaps Wood and Blake can again hire out someone who has more experience in defending their convictions, at least the. Blake and Wood could return to a somewhat semblance of their normal jobs and not be focused on all this new appeal stuff.

Watched today's hearing - motions will be coming from Daybell to extend the time and from the state to permit them to meet with Pryor (regarding the ineffectiveness of counsel assertion). Next status conference is set for August 28.
Was this motion actually filed by Prior or by appeals lawyers? Seems to me CD didn’t do anything to help his case. But then, what could he possibly do when he is guilty?

Was this motion actually filed by Prior or by appeals lawyers? Seems to me CD didn’t do anything to help his case. But then, what could he possibly do when he is guilty?
The petition and everything since his conviction have been filed by his new team of attorneys. Boyce appointed Chad attorneys and now he’s got a full team (attorneys + their staff) to work on his case. They’ve handled many appeals before including death penalty cases.

I think it’s interesting that Wood and Blake will continuing the appeal. Rachel Smith was initially supposed to and arguably she has significantly more appellate experience but maybe Wood and/or Blake will bring in someone additional to assist in defending the jury’s conviction against Chad. If the length of their initial petition is any indication (and I’m just saying this tongue in cheek) of how diligently they’ll fight for their clients, then I can only imagine the battle to come once they receive all the evidence and records. But as they admitted, appeals can take years and years, so it’ll be a waiting game for everyone including those of us watching from the sidelines. JMOO.

The petition and everything since his conviction have been filed by his new team of attorneys. Boyce appointed Chad attorneys and now he’s got a full team (attorneys + their staff) to work on his case. They’ve handled many appeals before including death penalty cases.

I think it’s interesting that Wood and Blake will continuing the appeal. Rachel Smith was initially supposed to and arguably she has significantly more appellate experience but maybe Wood and/or Blake will bring in someone additional to assist in defending the jury’s conviction against Chad. If the length of their initial petition is any indication (and I’m just saying this tongue in cheek) of how diligently they’ll fight for their clients, then I can only imagine the battle to come once they receive all the evidence and records. But as they admitted, appeals can take years and years, so it’ll be a waiting game for everyone including those of us watching from the sidelines. JMOO.
If there are any questions remaining about his guilt, he deserves an appeal. But i don’t see it. I Can’t believe the DP allows for an appeal in a case like his. Like you said, this could go on for years. I don’t see Wood or Blake taking this on and keeping their workloads up.

In the meantime, let him languish where he is.

And thank you for letting me know how this was handled. I do not know what more Prior could have done.

If there are any questions remaining about his guilt, he deserves an appeal. But i don’t see it. I Can’t believe the DP allows for an appeal in a case like his. Like you said, this could go on for years. I don’t see Wood or Blake taking this on and keeping their workloads up.

In the meantime, let him languish where he is.

And thank you for letting me know how this was handled. I do not know what more Prior could have done.
Yeah, his attorneys mentioned one of their cases where it’s been a few YEARS and they are still at the initial post conviction petition stage…so these things could really drag out.

It’s likely not a popular opinion but I agree with you, I don’t know how Wood or Blake will be able to manage all their other cases while also trying to handle this appeal, at some point something may give. I also think they’ve been so professionally and personally invested in this case that some of the allegations likely coming their way (may be due to allegations of misconduct) that makes it harder for them to personally defend themselves from claims like that. Add to that that they haven’t handled anything like this before and I just think it’s going to be a lot.

Doesn’t mean he will go free or that he will get a new trial, but I see many reasons for why other attorneys handling this from their side could potentially be better for everyone involved. Ofcourse JMOO

The appellate process for death penalty cases is always lengthy.

Here’s a great article about the process in Idaho, specifically:

It's typical for the appeals process in capital cases to go on for years, and they often reach the US Supreme Court before an inmate is ultimately put to death. In Idaho, the imposition of a death sentence is followed by a mandatory post-conviction review, and defendants are able to pursue an appeal after the filing of a death warrant.

Executions are relatively rare in Idaho, which, according to the Death Penalty Information Center, has carried out just three executions since 1976, when the US Supreme Court reinstated capital punishment. The first was in 1994, followed by two others in 2011 and 2012.

To put this in context, Texas has put to death 580 inmates within the timeframe, DPIC's data show - by far the most of any state. And Oklahoma, which has carried out the highest number of executions per capita, has executed 124.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
capturedlive
Back